ZAGG Glass Curved now available

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I was able to get the Otterbox Symmetry on with a lot of massaging work and it's still biting in on two of the edges.
Here is a picture of the Symmetry case and one showing the corner biting into the Zagg Curve.
I would have to say the Defender (stock screen removed) would be your best bet with this protector.

I can also tell you that the Zagg Curve comes right off with little to no effort at all. :(

sym01.jpgsym02.jpg

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The fingerprints and smudges on it were driving me nuts I was cleaning the screen every five min and the whole protector was getting scratches on it. Plus 4 out of my 5 cases would cause the sides to peel up

Did the Symmetry Case cause the Spigen Curved Crystal to peel up?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a symmetry case but I would assume it would. The curved crystal goes onto the bezel so anything that touches it will cause it to peel up.

Would it be better to wait a couple of days after applying the curved crystal before trying on cases? Does it stick better over time?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Blues, if you like the Defender then this combo would be prefect for you. The Zagg Curve and Defender with stock protector removed are a match made in heaven. The only problem is that Samsung Pay and the notification shade are a little hard to access. I like thinner cases so I might be removing the Zagg Glass later today and installing a Spigen Curved Crystal film protector. Can you post some pictures of the Incipio Level 4?

Here are a couple pics. I don't feel like removing my phone from my level 5 case right now though. The level 4 is a good case but as you can see it's very tight and I don't see how curved glass would even come close to fitting in there. The level 5 case is supposed to be rated up to 15ft drop and level 4 12 ft which is probably on par with a defender but I dunno I might switch back to defender because it feels like it has more give and a more clear screen protector. The incipo cases are good though. I like the level 4 that is doesn't have the port covers which I don't care for much on the level 5. If they made a good tempered glass I'd use the 4 but I'm not so sure I can trust using these screens naked.

mheq91.jpg

11l79me.jpg

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Here are a couple pics. I don't feel like removing my phone from my level 5 case right now though. The level 4 is a good case but as you can see it's very tight and I don't see how curved glass would even come close to fitting in there. The level 5 case is supposed to be rated up to 15ft drop and level 4 12 ft which is probably on par with a defender but I dunno I might switch back to defender because it feels like it has more give and a more clear screen protector. The incipo cases are good though. I like the level 4 that is doesn't have the port covers which I don't care for much on the level 5. If they made a good tempered glass I'd use the 4 but I'm not so sure I can trust using these screens naked.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/mheq91.jpg

http://oi64.tinypic.com/11l79me.jpg

Is that Level 4 just one piece or two? Is the back grippy or hard plastic?
Why is the camera cutout so big?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Would it be better to wait a couple of days after applying the curved crystal before trying on cases? Does it stick better over time?

I'm not sure why some are peeling and some aren't, but I have had the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the Curved Crystal on for almost two weeks now and absolutely no peeling whatsoever. It does, however, scratch pretty easily.

Posted via the Android Central App

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why some are peeling and some aren't, but I have had the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the Curved Crystal on for almost two weeks now and absolutely no peeling whatsoever. It does, however, scratch pretty easily.

Hey Luke,

Had to take mine off. Im sure you read my posts, the scratches were crazy and the smudge marks that it attracted made the phone look and feel so dirty. Plus my favorite case I have caused the sides to peel up.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey Luke,

Had to take mine off. Im sure you read my posts, the scratches were crazy and the smudge marks that it attracted made the phone look and feel so dirty. Plus my favorite case I have caused the sides to peel up.

I did read the posts, and I can definitely see the scratches and smudging thing being an issue. I've been using the screen protector because I couldn't find a better one, and that's just unfortunate with a phone this popular. Hopefully someone will figure it out in the future.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Let me know how you make out. That's how I was, I rather have my cases that I like than a screen protector

OK, Put on the Spigen Curved Crystal last night and it went on perfect. I let it sit overnight. Tried the UAG case this morning and I could see one little tiny spot on the upper right edge being affected. Took the UAG off and put on the Otterbox Symmetry and everything seems OK.

I'll report back later today and see how it's doing.

xavier11773

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I recently got the screen protector installed on my s7 its great but the touch sensitivity is really bad the quick setting tab is hard to bring down from the top of the screen and also omg samsung pay tab that is on the bottom of the home screen only works around 10% of the time i try to use it, but I do enjoy having the edge to edge screen protector.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I recently got the screen protector installed on my s7 its great but the touch sensitivity is really bad the quick setting tab is hard to bring down from the top of the screen and also omg samsung pay tab that is on the bottom of the home screen only works around 10% of the time i try to use it, but I do enjoy having the edge to edge screen protector.

100% accurate. Samsung Pay, impossible to use and the notification shade pretty hard to bring down. :-\
Touch sensitivity is also diminished some what. This is with the Zagg Curve.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Same here, went on nicely the second attempt but I got a noticeable scratch within 36 hours and pulled it off.

Make it so.

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
OK, The Otterbox Defender with it's stock screen protector removed is the perfect combination with this Zagg Curve.
I'm not too fond of the fat ole Defender but will try it for a few days and see how it goes.

I'll add some pictures later.

So the otterbox defender for the s7 edge will work with the zagg curved glass ?

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I received my Zagg glass curve screen protector today and installed it. I use the Samsung Leather cover for my S7 (Which i had to buy from ebay cause the case is not sold in stores in the USA.) The curve seems to work fine with this case. I am pleased with that part of it. I have noticed the touch sensitivity is really reduced. I have to press harder on the screen to bring down the notification screen, I also noticed it affects the sensitivity of the screen brightness, My phone thinks its darker then it is, and the all ways on display is so dim i can barely read it. I may keep it on through tomorrow to see how it works with a normal day but if the screen doesn't brighten up i am gona ditch the curved glass and go with out a screen protector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro