GS7 in car vent mount question

MajorD51

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I have tried using several different car vent mounts in about 5 vehicles and have a problem that I have not seen addressed. All the vehicles I have tried have air vents that tilt up and down in addition to the vanes moving side to side. When the phone is placed in the holder it's weight causes the vent to tilt down so the phone is facing the floor of the vehicle. Does anyone know a hack for stabilizing the vent short of gluing it in place?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Stick something in the vent. If you place something in the lower vent slat, so between the last slat and the frame of the vent it will support the vent at a fixed angle. What you'll use is up to you and the size of the slat opening, but since all of the slats are tied together they should all assume the angle you set. Well until you hit that bump in the road and the weight of the phone vs the non moving vent breaks or disconnects that little arm. Joking but a little serious...

On a side note;
What about fall and winter when you run the heat, will you have the phone hanging in front of the hot air? Beyond the fact that these are notorious for dropping devices the heat issue has stopped me from using them. Of course I live in a climate that sees hot summers and cold winters and you may not, but I opted for a suction cup mount to the windshield vs a vent mount, a lighter adaptor mount, a sticky dashboard mount or a magnet mount. The magnet might not be too bad except I have a hard time placing the base in the vehicle and a harder time sticking something to my phone or its case.