01-25-2018 06:08 AM
736 ... 2627282930
tools
    I was quite disappointed in the Caseology "Genuine Leather" Envoy case, just feels rubbery and in person to me it didn't look nearly as nice or the same as the online photos, I thought the gold metal bezel continued as in a full gold metal bezel but the gold ends and the actual bezel where it meets the phone is a light beige/fleshy colored rubberish bezel(much lighter colorwise as it seems in online photos, looks very strange to me.. I also had Volume button issues but even if there wasn't I just couldn't live with the strange colored beige rubber bezel/slim gold trim/dark brown fake looking leather color scheme..
    Attachment 226889
    Have you tried the Samsung Leather case?

Cases for the S7 edge-58017.jpg
    05-08-2016 06:51 AM
    I picked up the Spigen Tough Armor since I travel a lot and watch a lot of videos I wanted a kickstand. This case is really nice, fits great, feels good in the hand and feels like it is very protective. The kickstand is an invaluable feature for me. I'd have no problem recommending this case. My two favorites so far are the UAG and this one.
    05-10-2016 06:42 AM
    I picked up the Spigen Tough Armor since I travel a lot and watch a lot of videos I wanted a kickstand. This case is really nice, fits great, feels good in the hand and feels like it is very protective. The kickstand is an invaluable feature for me. I'd have no problem recommending this case. My two favorites so far are the UAG and this one.
    You sound like me. Slim armor was right up my alley so I had the same wants as you. Great cases. Enjoy
    05-11-2016 06:29 AM
    That's the case (Spigen Tough Armor) I use at work. It does protect the phone, mine has landed on concrete and tile. No issues with the phone, the case has now several dings on the metal back but that's fine, it's doing its job.
    And yes, the kickstand is a great feature.
    05-11-2016 07:06 AM
    Have you tried the Samsung Leather case?
    I have looked into leather cases & the the one you posted would be my choice but actually opted for the OBLIQ Meta Silver Slim Fit which is arriving today, Thinking it will look great with my silver S7 Edge.. My present Spigen NeoHybrid(black/silver) looks nice and protects well but to me just isn't as sharp looking enough for such a good looking phone, I'd look for a aluminium case but I understand it would prohibit wireless fast charging..
    Cases for the S7 edge-capture.jpg
    05-11-2016 08:07 AM
    I have looked into leather cases & the the one you posted would be my choice but actually opted for the OBLIQ Meta Silver Slim Fit which is arriving today, Thinking it will look great with my silver S7 Edge.. My present Spigen NeoHybrid(black/silver) looks nice and protects well but to me just isn't as sharp looking enough for such a good looking phone, I'd look for a aluminium case but I understand it would prohibit wireless fast charging..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	227280
    Looks nice. Although, leather cases would give better grip.
    05-11-2016 08:23 AM
    I get Urban Armour for all my devices. Never had any issues with drops. They make a quality product.
    shasticat likes this.
    05-11-2016 12:15 PM
    I know Spigen cases are pretty popular, but considering my LG G3 didn't survive 1 day in a Slim Armor, I'm really hesitant to try again.

Overall, I'm pretty dismayed at the lack of rugged case options for the edge. No Defender from Otterbox, no Cyclops or Kraken from Trident. I know the edge screen does present some challenges, but is it really too much to ask for a single case to have:
    >Multiple layers, hard and soft
    >Sufficient lip around the screen (>1.5 mm) to give surface clearance yet not interfere with edge functionality
    >Extra corner and bumper protection
    >Built-in Screen protector (or at least be Screen Protector-friendly)
    >Good grip and anti-skid

Seems there are plenty of cases that do one or a few of those, but none that do it all. What's even more upsetting is there seem to be many "complete package" options for the S6 edge.

Once I return the Aegis Pro I reviewed in the other thread, I'm thinking about trying the Unicorn Beetle or Ballistic Urbanite Elite.
    05-12-2016 11:28 AM
    Case I'm using currently. I love it! Sleek, not too bulky while offering tons of protection. I love the red on it as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Cases for the S7 edge-1463423624515.jpg  
    llfloyd79 and felloffthetruck like this.
    05-16-2016 01:34 PM
    The Spigen Tough Armor did it's job last night, phone dropped onto my tile floor screen face down and the lip of the case protected the screen
    05-17-2016 06:53 AM
    Anyone looking for a leather "type" (meaning faux) case, I would recommend this:

Amazon.com: Galaxy S7 Edge Case(ET16007), Ebest Premium Retro PU Leather Ultra Thin Slim Soft Back Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

It feels like leather, its very very thin and its fits pretty darn well. Just be careful not to request expedited shipping.
    05-20-2016 06:59 AM
    05-21-2016 08:17 AM
    I got my translucent Insipio case today and I can't believe how much more secure I feel having my phone in my hands. Never thought a phone needed a case more in my life. Will eventually get my mophie battery case when I have the money. The Australian dollar and shipping it from America makes it expensive
    05-23-2016 08:44 PM
    Purchased the RooCase for my S7edge and really like it. Three card slots to hold your id and credit cards, plus room for cash. What's nice about this case is that the TPU case the phone inserts into is magnetic and attaches to the faux leather wallet, so you can use it with the wallet or without. Nice cutout to use the camera and the magnetic clasp can fold back under. Definitely looks and feels great and I got it for an excellent price.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-rooCAS...cUvbUpU5192701
    STARGATE likes this.
    05-23-2016 09:51 PM
    05-24-2016 11:06 AM
    Case I'm using currently. I love it! Sleek, not too bulky while offering tons of protection. I love the red on it as well.
    I REALLY like the looks of this case! I know you said you were ok with the protection. Reviews I read gave it 3 1/2 stars. Does anyone have this for their case?
    05-26-2016 02:26 PM
    s7 edge is better without case, the thinness of the phone will be non sense if you put some case on....just a styllish skin for your device will do.
    Negative. Not everyone is a metrosexual office worker. Some of us are construction workers, or engage in other manly professions. Our phones needs protection, and lots of it.
    05-28-2016 02:18 PM
    DON'T get the Caseology case - any of them. Their great if you wanna snaz up your phone, but not much at all for protection. I just ordered the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Series Premium Hybrid case. It'll get here Tuesday. I let y'all know what I think of it.
    05-29-2016 09:30 PM
    Cases for the S7 edge-c0af748de4fe118e09c2e4b73d1586de.jpg

i got this imatch kickstand bumper
    05-30-2016 10:22 PM
    Hey guys, I was hoping if I could get some suggestions for a cover/case for my S7 Edge. My list of must-haves are as follows:

1. A flip case- preferably a smart cover, i.e. like that of clear view/LED/S-view, but not necessarily that of Samsung

2. Raised edges- obviously to cover the Edge itself

3. Compatible with wireless charging

At the moment, my first choice is the Otterbox folio case, but I was going to look for more options (y'all know, informed decision and all that)
    Leather Galaxy S7 Edge Folio Case | Genuine Leather + Protection | OtterBox

If anyone can recommend a non-Samsung case that fits the above criteria, that'd be great!

PS: Not that I dislike Samsung's offerings, but they seem to have mixed reviews, so looking out for third party ones. Thanks all of you!

Dhina
    06-02-2016 12:50 PM
    Noreve make some cool leather cases, lots of options. I have one on my Nexus 4 which I dropped about 5 feet onto a stone floor. The phone landed on it's corner and I really feared the worst but what very happy to find it undamaged so they do offer great protection, at a price.

http://www.noreve.com/en/1244-galaxy-s7-edge
    06-04-2016 09:05 PM
    Otterbox strada doesn't work with fast wireless charging and won't work with some QI chargers. Just sent it back.
    06-09-2016 07:54 AM
    Thank you devoncatt, that's incredibly useful. Struck that off my list now!
    06-09-2016 10:02 AM
    Thank you Doc Marten, I've had a look- the cases do look great! Just need to find out if they work with wireless charging..
    06-09-2016 10:06 AM
    I tried both a Caseology case and a Supcase. The Caseology case popped off when I dropped it from 2 1/2 feet. Thank goodness for my tempered glass screen protector, it cracked instead of my screen.
    Then I tried Supcase, it just doesn't cut it for me. Cheaply made. I went by reviews on Amazon - and these cases offer very little protection. Yet got rave reviews. I don't get it.
    Right now I'm using a Speck case from the AT&T store, that I got the day I bought my phone. It's better than the Supcase out Caseology.
    Now I'm leary to buy anymore cases! To ship either of the other 2, costs about as much as I paid for the case. Ridiculous!
    PLEASE HELP - I'm wanting a case that will give me THE BEST protection. That has enough lip to where I can put my phone face down on a table, and not worry about my screen getting scratched up. I don't want it to be bulky, but I'll go with it if I have too. You can't have a nice looking case and incredible protection. At least that's what I found to be true.
    We looked at OtterBox Symmetry at Wal-Mart, and those feel cheaply made. Not the same OtterBoxes from the past.
    I drop my phone, some days more than others. I'd appreciate any SUGGESTIONS.

PS: And I can do without the smart aleck comments about try not dropping your phone. I live in the real world, and I'll admit. I can be rough on my phones. That's just how I am. Seems the harder I try not to drop, the more I do. This is why I need a good, all around protective case. TIA!
    06-09-2016 09:11 PM
736 ... 2627282930