01-25-2018 06:08 AM
736 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Yes, I would like the leather cover whenever it goes on sale on their site..
    Oh which case is that? The ones they have now look like fake leather :/
    03-02-2016 01:37 PM
    I ordered this one. Seems nice and hope it will protect my S7 edge

Cases for the S7 edge-screen-shot-2016-03-02-2.37.33-pm.jpg
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    03-02-2016 01:40 PM
    Oh which case is that? The ones they have now look like fake leather :/
    It's the first one on this page if it shows up correctly. It's also a bit further down the page if you scroll down.

Accessories | Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge - The Official Samsung Galaxy Site
    mustang8918 likes this.
    03-02-2016 01:59 PM
    I ordered this one. Seems nice and hope it will protect my S7 edge

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 2.37.33 PM.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	218288
    I ordered this as well, but I'm also tempted by one of their clear cases, as the phone is just too damned sexy! Does anyone know if Spigen's "military grade certification" actually means anything? For example, the Ultra Hybrid has "military grade certification" while the Neo Hybrid Crystal and the Crystal Shell do not. All three are clear cases, and I'm just not seeing a whole lot of difference between them. I've never had a damaged phone but want to have at least some protection, so what's the best clear case I can get?
    03-02-2016 02:03 PM
    It's the first one on this page if it shows up correctly. It's also a bit further down the page if you scroll down.

Accessories | Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge - The Official Samsung Galaxy Site
    Ohhhhh that one does look nice, I had a leather Apple iPhone 6 case for awhile and I really liked it and this looks similar...thinking I may have to go for this one when it's available as well.
    03-02-2016 02:21 PM
    Ohhhhh that one does look nice, I had a leather Apple iPhone 6 case for awhile and I really liked it and this looks similar...thinking I may have to go for this one when it's available as well.
    Yeah I was in the same boat and have been dying for Samsung to do the same. Finally it looks like they have. As soon as it goes up for sale I will be all over it....
    MuchoAloha and mustang8918 like this.
    03-02-2016 02:25 PM
    I am planning to go as minimal as possible as the Edge looks so fantastic. I can't see putting it in an Otterbox Defender or anything like that or it will just look like any other Android phone.
    I agree. I generally don't use cases, although I'm considering one for this phone. If I do get one, it'll have to be clear and thin. But I may just buy Samsung's insurance plan instead. More expensive, but also much more "protection."
    03-02-2016 03:20 PM
    I ordered the Spigen AIR CUSHION case. The phone is for my daughter so I wanted to get her a case right away. That way she can choose her own case when they start coming out later this month. The phone is supposed to ship on 3/7 from AT&T.
    03-02-2016 03:33 PM
    I have the S6 Edge+ and you pretty much need a case to use this phone. The back edge is flat, so it's not very comfortable in the hand. I know the S7/Edge has a curved back, so may be easier to hold. There are lots of thin/clear cases out that will give you basic protection without sacrificing the look.

I also have insurance through AT&T. Good thing, because my son cracked the front and rear glass of his S6 Edge. I paid the $199 deductible and they sent him a brand new phone. They give you 10 days to ship the old phone back.
    03-02-2016 03:37 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge – Caseology Caseology has some decent choices.
    I have the Caseology ENVOY series for my Galaxy S6 Edge+. It's the brown leather one. It looks really nice on my gold platinum phone. Oddly, the TPU part is a lot lighter than the picture shows, and it really stood out. However, it appears to have darkened somewhat in the past couple of months. Perhaps exposure to light has had an effect. Anyway, just an FYI in case you decide to get one of these cases.
    reyno626 likes this.
    03-02-2016 03:57 PM
    Do you have to remove the case on the s7 edge or s7 to use the vr?
    I have the Samsung GearVR and the S6 Edge+ and yes, you have to remove the case in order to use it. The reason is that on one side, there's a USB connector that your phone clips into. It's on a hinge, that's shaped like a U. You slide your phone in to connect to the USB. There is not enough clearance for a case. I just plugged my phone in and there's about a 1mm clearance on front and back of the phone.
    reyno626 likes this.
    03-02-2016 04:23 PM
    Just a couple things I found for mid-priced real leather flip cases. You can type in "Olixar" and the better one from France is "Tetded"
    03-02-2016 04:23 PM
    Best Buy Platinum (Seidio) S7 Edge holster cases are in stores.
    03-02-2016 07:00 PM
    I ordered this as well, but I'm also tempted by one of their clear cases, as the phone is just too damned sexy! Does anyone know if Spigen's "military grade certification" actually means anything? For example, the Ultra Hybrid has "military grade certification" while the Neo Hybrid Crystal and the Crystal Shell do not. All three are clear cases, and I'm just not seeing a whole lot of difference between them. I've never had a damaged phone but want to have at least some protection, so what's the best clear case I can get?
    I'm not sure about the military grade thing but I did order their crystal shell. Here: http://imgur.com/a/6NuBj

I think it's pretty thick and going to provide good protection for any accidental drops.
    src1425 likes this.
    03-02-2016 07:14 PM
    I just got my two Spigen cases from that Amazon sale a few days ago. Don't they usually have a little piece of paper for authenticity?? Mine only had a bag of desiccant. I wonder if these are fake?? Did anyone else order from that Amazon sale??
    03-02-2016 07:23 PM
    I just got my two Spigen cases from that Amazon sale a few days ago. Don't they usually have a little piece of paper for authenticity?? Mine only had a bag of desiccant. I wonder if these are fake?? Did anyone else order from that Amazon sale??
    My Spigen case came the same way.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-02-2016 07:50 PM
    Yes, I would like the leather cover whenever it goes on sale on their site..
    Yes this is what I'm going for. Hoping a carrier gets it, but I know Tmobile didn't pick that one up to sell. Hoping it shows up on the Sammy site, but not even there for a pre-order. Maybe Best Buy Samsung area?
    03-02-2016 07:57 PM
    Yes this is what I'm going for. Hoping a carrier gets it, but I know Tmobile didn't pick that one up to sell. Hoping it shows up on the Sammy site, but not even there for a pre-order. Maybe Best Buy Samsung area?
    Someone will be bound to carry it. Hopefully around launch day.
    03-02-2016 08:06 PM
    Anyone know if any of the cases with the metal finish (Obliq) can be used with the magnetic car mounts? I know I can put a metal plate under or on the case, but I'd love to just be able to use the case itself.
    Just an FYI the metal plate will most likely mess up wireless charging. Wireless charging uses magnetic fields to charge the phone.
    inffy and fredzilla like this.
    03-02-2016 09:43 PM
    So is anyone going for the official Samsung cases? I kind of like the portfolio one with a card holder in it
    I'm considering getting this one but I'm not sure how much bulk it would add to the phone. Maybe I'll just get a slim case and then a power bank instead.
    03-02-2016 11:57 PM
    Great now i can't decide which case I want. This was the one i saw 1st the other day that I wanted but it's 59.99 Galaxy S7 edge S-View Flip Cover, Clear Silver
    But now you posted this link and the 1st one says LED View Cover which kind of looks like it does what my dot view case does on my HTC M9. But than I scroll down and see one called S view cover where it looks like you can view your screen it has a cut out through the case not sure I like that. At work I keep phone in pocket and would like whole screen covered up. I've scratched up and had to get my glass Zagg replaced before.The LED one looks cool and of course there is the one I like for 59.99 I wish I could compare all 3 side by side. I normally wouldn't spend that much on a case 59.99 but a co worker said he would give me $60 for the gear which I have no desire to use. My husband is probably going to have to go with the Unicorn Beetle one with the holster. I hate that it says pre order and mentioned not being available till mid march. Does that mean no stores will have it? I guess I should pre order to make sure I get one quick before they sell out if they were too. I don't know I'll also get the commuter here in town in the next day or two.

03-03-2016 12:32 AM
    I have an Anker QC 2.0 external battery it will be fine to use won't it? Cause I saw Samsung made a fast one on there accessories site. But I use my Anker on my HTC M9 now.

I'm considering getting this one but I'm not sure how much bulk it would add to the phone. Maybe I'll just get a slim case and then a power bank instead.
    03-03-2016 12:50 AM
    I have an Anker QC 2.0 external battery it will be fine to use won't it? Cause I saw Samsung made a fast one on there accessories site. But I use my Anker on my HTC M9 now.
    That will wok fine. I use a tro smart qc2. 0 chargers which work fine.

S7 will not use qc3.0
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-03-2016 12:52 AM
    Yeah I heard it wont use QC 3.0 which is fine. I have this Quick Charge wall charger I bought off Amazon for like 18 bucks and I got us both QC 2.0 car chargers his is a double for us both to use and it charges my HTC One M9 now quicker than the original charger which wasn't a rapid charger. I know it will work on the new phone but when I saw Groupon had Adaptive Fast Samsung Chargers for 8.99 with cable I got one for me and one for my husband just to have extra to keep at work. I am tempeted to get a couple more just to keep them plugged in around the house.
    03-03-2016 11:03 AM
    Like this one as well from Caseology.

Cases for the S7 edge-caseology.jpg
    03-03-2016 11:59 AM
736 ... 678910 ...