VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

elir41

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I also would like to know about this case for my husband. He's previously used the Seidio convert with holsters and most recently Otterbox Defenders which their not making for the Edge. So now he's thinking of getting the regular and I want us both to have the Edge. I sent him a link to this one but does anyone know of any other good similar ones with holsters like the Otterbox. Built in screen protector doesn't matter we use Zagg Glass.

Thanks!

For those asking about the Unicorn Beetle case, I have one for my Nexus 6. It's a great case and if I had to compare to an Defender from Otterbox, then I would have to say that they're equal, to me at least. They do apply differently than an Otterbox, though.

As for protection, it works well for what I used it for. My use was for when I went biking and it did see some drops from time-to-time. The holsters is pretty beefy, too. Since there will be no Defender made for the EDGE, then I'll most likely be picking up one of the Unicorn Beetles.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank You! I was worried for my husband cause he's either used the Seidio Convert with Holster or the Defender the last two phones, He likes the Holster and still needs a good case. He's good with his phone too usually.This looked like it would be good for him. But now I am worried cause our new favorite thing we had on the M8 and the M9 was our Zagg glass and that's also not being made for the edge and it's going to be hard to find any tempered glass. My husband was leaning towards a black Edge and than thinking maybe the S7. Well I woke up today and left me a text saying he wants silver now and will try the edge but if we don't like it can we exchange it for the regular S7. I am sure you have 7 or 14 days I would imagine. But I really hope we like the edge and I am going to order him the case now I think. Thanks!

For those asking about the Unicorn Beetle case, I have one for my Nexus 6. It's a great case and if I had to compare to an Defender from Otterbox, then I would have to say that they're equal, to me at least. They do apply differently than an Otterbox, though.
As for protection, it works well for what I used it for. My use was for when I went biking and it did see some drops from time-to-time. The holsters is pretty beefy, too. Since there will be no Defender made for the EDGE, then I'll most likely be picking up one of the Unicorn Beetles.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
That's the company that has these glass screen protectors but their in differen't colors on the top and bottom to match your phone not all clear. I have one saved for if Zagg doesn't end up making one Amazon.com: LUVVITT TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Clear / Silver Titanium: Cell Phones & Accessories. But it's that same company. I want 2 cases the one expensive Samsung one with the cover for while I am working and it's in my pocket. Than I want for when I am out and need easy camera access and stuff I think I'll get the commuter. Never got it for M9 cause it wasn't out at the time and I just got this $15.00 clear rubber one from Best Buy and then the Pink light up Dot View for my phone. I am headed to Best Buy now and he said their accessories came in already. I hope they have the case I want.

Purchased this case - http://http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-LUVVITT-Absorbing-Flexible-Samsung/dp/B019Q68JSI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456932018&sr=8-1&keywords=luvvitt+s7+edge

I don't recommend it. It is a simple TPU case but it just doesn't fit s well as the Tudia TPU and the Spigen Rugged Armor.

DeerFilm

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
What is the toughest case and heavy duty for protection for the s7 edge?
Would you recommend any of these?
Galaxy S7 Edge Case, Spigen® [Tough Armor] HEAVY DUTY
Galaxy S7 Edge Case, SUPCASE Full-body Rugged Holster Case WITHOUT Built-in Screen Protector
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Cell Phone Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Ash

I would also add the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Screen Protector [Full Screen Coverage] Anti-Bubble & Extreme Clarity HD Shield
Would you recommend any of these or something else? Thanks

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I cant believe I already have 4 cases and no phone for it. I promised myself I would not buy so many cases for a phone again!! I got problems!! lol

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had their cases before and I really like them. I wish I knew this case existed because I would have gotten it!!

Thanks guys!

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I cant believe I already have 4 cases and no phone for it. I promised myself I would not buy so many cases for a phone again!! I got problems!! lol

Tell me about it. I have three right now and a screen protector with no phone and about 7 other cases sitting in my wishlist on Amazon just waiting for me to pull the trigger on. I've got issues....

elir41

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Thank You! I was worried for my husband cause he's either used the Seidio Convert with Holster or the Defender the last two phones, He likes the Holster and still needs a good case. He's good with his phone too usually.This looked like it would be good for him. But now I am worried cause our new favorite thing we had on the M8 and the M9 was our Zagg glass and that's also not being made for the edge and it's going to be hard to find any tempered glass. My husband was leaning towards a black Edge and than thinking maybe the S7. Well I woke up today and left me a text saying he wants silver now and will try the edge but if we don't like it can we exchange it for the regular S7. I am sure you have 7 or 14 days I would imagine. But I really hope we like the edge and I am going to order him the case now I think. Thanks!

The one thing that you have to keep in mind, is that this version for the Edge doesn't have the built-in screen protector on the case like the other models do.

fredzilla

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if any of the cases with the metal finish (Obliq) can be used with the magnetic car mounts? I know I can put a metal plate under or on the case, but I'd love to just be able to use the case itself.

src1425

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I ordered this one. Seems nice and hope it will protect my S7 edge

View attachment 218288

I ordered this as well, but I'm also tempted by one of their clear cases, as the phone is just too damned sexy! Does anyone know if Spigen's "military grade certification" actually means anything? For example, the Ultra Hybrid has "military grade certification" while the Neo Hybrid Crystal and the Crystal Shell do not. All three are clear cases, and I'm just not seeing a whole lot of difference between them. I've never had a damaged phone but want to have at least some protection, so what's the best clear case I can get?

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site