Cases for the S7 edge

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I was looking to get a UAG in black thinking maybe no scratches? Also you can try ordering from b&h photo, $29.95 free shipping. If you want a different source (or maybe batch). I'm thinking about it, $5 cheaper than amazon. Or, the supcase beetle which I had on my old phone but I'm a bit bored of it.

ZRX13

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I got red (magma) UAG case from amazon 3 weeks ago and it has exectly the same 3 scratches in the same locations as yours. I realy love the fit and feel of the case, but with quality control like this i wouldnt pay more than 5 bucks for UAG case next time. I will never again order their products online, only in store where i can inspect the case before buying.

Posted via the Android Central App

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I got red (magma) UAG case from amazon 3 weeks ago and it has exectly the same 3 scratches in the same locations as yours. I realy love the fit and feel of the case, but with quality control like this i wouldnt pay more than 5 bucks for UAG case next time. I will never again order their products online, only in store where i can inspect the case before buying.

Posted via the Android Central App

Exactly, for almosy $40 that is unacceptable.

-S7Edge

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I got a small dent in the side of my Spigen Tough Armor case sometime over the weekend. Remember, the purpose of a case is to protect the phone and that is exactly what it did. The phone is spotless.

20160410_212721.jpg

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I got a small dent in the side of my Spigen Tough Armor case sometime over the weekend. Remember, the purpose of a case is to protect the phone and that is exactly what it did. The phone is spotless.

View attachment 224151

Sweet, that puts my mind at ease. I've been using a minimalistic case but after seeing all these posts about screen cracks I just switched to this one.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
My case arrived at last :) Lovely feel in the hand, adds very little bulk and although the buttons lose there "clickyness" they are still responsive! Very happy with it over all but do feel its over priced (in this country at least) 40 bucks inc delivery where as in america it can be bought for under 20 dollars! Kinda wish i could have got the leather affect one also but this was the only one in stock. Happy with it none the less. Its a good looking case ......s7_edge_carbon.jpg

On a side note, does anyone know what wallpaper that is in the pic??

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Spigen Neo Hybrid case that I purchased from that deal previously posted with the discount codes. $3.99,cant beat that. Still love my slim armor for the kickstand but I can rock the neo Hybrid to work. The back surface is more textured as opposed to the slim armor and I love the feel of it. I got the one with the silver edge color so it goes well with the silver S7E. Great case.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Just got my Spigen Neo Hybrid case that I purchased from that deal previously posted with the discount codes. $3.99,cant beat that. Still love my slim armor for the kickstand but I can rock the neo Hybrid to work. The back surface is more textured as opposed to the slim armor and I love the feel of it. I got the one with the silver edge color so it goes well with the silver S7E. Great case.

I had the Neo Hybrid on for a day and took it off. It's a gorgeous case but it feels so slippery.

djh_wolf

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't really understand any of this. Maybe I'm getting old. All I see are a thousand different minute variations on a single case type i.e rubbery back cover with rubbery bits around the edges, leaving the main part of the phone (huge screen!) completely unprotected.

Sorry, I guess that's not true so long as the phone is dropped onto an absolutely flat surface. Then the military grade rubbery bits will absorb the impact. Woo.

But if I drop my phone face down on a standard bit of outside ground, with say, a loose pebble or gravel or whatever, my phone's bollocksed.

What happened to a decent flip-style phone case covering the screen? And not those cheap-*** ones from eBay which clip the phones in place with a crappy plastic bezel that'll snap after a few months of being tossed about in a bag or pocket?

Definitely don't understand opinions from people who have purchased several of these (arguably) similar cases and have preferences on which one they'll use for going to work, then a different one for popping to the shops, and another for going out for a meal.

Am I just finally becoming old and stupid without understanding that it's happening? Why isn't there a case out there that'll actually cover my screen without being a cheap *** 2 quid POS from eBay China?

Edit
So basically, why can't I just buy a UAG case, with that kind of kick-*** protection, but with the addition of a front cover (made of the same rubbery style material) with say, a leather spine and a magnetic catch.

Not that I'm picky = p
-/edit

Last edited:

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the Neo Hybrid on for a day and took it off. It's a gorgeous case but it feels so slippery.

It feels good to me. Slippery to me is the Otterbox Symmetry but I get what you're saying.

I don't really understand any of this. Maybe I'm getting old. All I see are a thousand different minute variations on a single case type i.e rubbery back cover with rubbery bits around the edges, leaving the main part of the phone (huge screen!) completely unprotected.

Sorry, I guess that's not true so long as the phone is dropped onto an absolutely flat surface. Then the military grade rubbery bits will absorb the impact. Woo.

But if I drop my phone face down on a standard bit of outside ground, with say, a loose pebble or gravel or whatever, my phone's bollocksed.

What happened to a decent flip-style phone case covering the screen? And not those cheap-*** ones from eBay which clip the phones in place with a crappy plastic bezel that'll snap after a few months of being tossed about in a bag or pocket?

Definitely don't understand opinions from people who have purchased several of these (arguably) similar cases and have preferences on which one they'll use for going to work, then a different one for popping to the shops, and another for going out for a meal.

Am I just finally becoming old and stupid without understanding that it's happening? Why isn't there a case out there that'll actually cover my screen without being a cheap *** 2 quid POS from eBay China?

Edit
So basically, why can't I just buy a UAG case, with that kind of kick-*** protection, but with the addition of a front cover (made of the same rubbery style material) with say, a leather spine and a magnetic catch.

Not that I'm picky = p
-/edit

We're in an age where slimmer and less bulky are what people want. People want their phones to fit in their pockets without it looking like they're carrying around a VCR Tape or a remote control. We're also in an age where people want to cut down on costs of production to maximize profits which they then outsource manufacturing to China and other third world countries. It's just the way it is. There are plenty of flip cases that offer screen protection, but I don't think there is any case that will completely protect your phone from all types of damage. If there were a UAG case with a flip cover, I'm sure it would have to be thicker and you'd lose the ability to have good protection while still being able to slide your phone right in your pocket. You're not wrong for having a preference but if you want a kick *ss case with great protection and a flip cover to protect the screen that doesn't come from China, make one. Then go on Shark Tank and ask Kevin O'Leary for Money.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I habe the Samsung S-View Flip cover it covers my screen and i love it but I also sometimes want to watch videos and I bought the Spigen Slim Armor cause of the kickstand and before that I bought an Otterbox Symmetry which I love. But when I go out or to a concert and am taking pics and video I don't want to use my flip cover case it's easier to take pictures without it but it's really nice. I just saw it on Groupon for $47.77 I paid 59.99 well I traded my gear to buy it. LOL!

Edit

Not that I'm picky = p
-/edit

djh_wolf

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Edit

Not that I'm picky = p
-/edit

Solution:

One uag case + one flip case + rivets. Perfection. =)

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a case similar to the ringke fusion in size (love how thin it is) but doesn't have the clear back? I can't stand the fingerprints and the sticky feel of the clear backing. Thanks!