Good Edge cases and screen protectors??

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
When I got my edge I purchased one of the gadget guard screen protectors that has the lifetime warranty. The associate put it on and did a great job. I followed his instructions to not put it in a case or pocket for 48 hours to let it adhere to the screen.

I've used a tech 21 case and am now using a spigen tough armor case and have no problems with roll up after removing and reapplying both cases multiple times. I was going to get a glass protector as soon as they came out but as good as this one looks and as good as it has stayed adhered to the screen I'm going to just ride it out for awhile.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Love my UAG case, allows my edge to keep its slick thin feel. But 1 days after putting it on and 3 days after buying it I dropped it :-(
and it landed on one of the bottom corners and that was my screen... smashed. pretty gutted.

So, the UAG is no good at all for drop protection.
I guess all the "Military Grade Protection" is nothing more than marketing fluff.

ingogo

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I suggest glass4m glass protector for s7 edge.

fe73e4fe5b272f3f286a83667d93f3c1.jpg

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a leather carrying case that the S7 with Symmetry protector will fit snuggly into? I bought a cheap one off Amazon that claimed it was for the S7 but it could probably fit a Galaxy Tab in it.

Posted via the Android Central App

I bought a VRS faux leather flip case and have a screen protector, it looks decent and doesn't mess up the protector.

LGalaxyGirl

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Well, I just got my Tech Armor ballstic glass protector. The edge is cracked already.

I've already blown close to $75 on screen protectors. I'll just be damn careful with this thing. (I'm working on getting a replacement since it cracked so soon.)

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site

FAiello

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
For those interested. After running the GPEL and the Candy Shell Grip for the afternoon I noticed through use that indeed this case was affecting the GPEL install. I removed it, re-seated the GPEL, and put my UAG back on. So no go with this protector and the GPEL.

Is the Urban Armor case still working for you with the Gpel Screen protector?

csleverette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Is the Urban Armor case still working for you with the Gpel Screen protector?

Unfortunately not. There must have been some minor gap somewhere that I didn't notice because walking into and out of big temperature changes caused the screen sensitivity to go haywire.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately not. There must have been some minor gap somewhere that I didn't notice because walking into and out of big temperature changes caused the screen sensitivity to go haywire.
I have carried my S7E in and out of business, restaurants, malls. Been around lakes and all.
Haven't noticed any sensitivities problems with my phone. I have the UAG case.
I've dropped my phone trying to carry too many things at once. No problem so far.
Phones are computers. Cut them off and back on every few days. And clear the memory out too.
See if it don't help.

csleverette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I have carried my S7E in and out of business, restaurants, malls. Been around lakes and all.
Haven't noticed any sensitivities problems with my phone. I have the UAG case.
I've dropped my phone trying to carry too many things at once. No problem so far.
Phones are computers. Cut them off and back on every few days. And clear the memory out too.
See if it don't help.

Appreciate the advice but this isn't my first rodeo with these things. Lots of folks report sensitivity issues with the GPEL. My UAG case is fine.

steve1279

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had my S7 Edge for a little over a week and am loving it! Because of posts here and on another forum I read due to a Google search, I wanted to buy a screen protector for my fragile screen. I normally hate screen protectors and haven't used one since I attempted to use one in the '90s on my Palm Pilot (it didn't go well, bubbles and orange peel galore), so I spent a lot of time reading threads to find the best one that wasn't rubbery (no way could I use a rubbery one), was clear as day (I don't want my beautiful screen looking not so crisp), and would work with a case.

(I have also never used a case for a phone before this one, but because it is so fragile, I spent a lot of time looking for a case I would actually like and actually found two, one of which is more protective than the other - I treat my phones with care and have yet to break one, but this is the most fragile one I have had and because I do very occasionally drop them and my service dog is trained to retrieve them gently, I decided to use the cases.)

The screen protector that I chose based on the reviews is great! It works perfectly with cases, as it is the case version of the protector, and doesn't mess with the screen (the only time you see slight orange peel is in light reflections shining on the screen), and is only the slightest bit rubbery feeling compared to the smooth bare screen (if I didn't know how lovely the bare screen feels on the fingers, I probably wouldn't even have noticed the feel of the protector). I was afraid that putting it on would be a huge problem because of alignment and my OCD to want everything perfect, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. It would have been even easier to install if I had a spray bottle like they highly recommend, as I got way too much solution on it so it would move every time I would place my finger on the middle to make it stick after aligning it perfectly. There were only a couple tiny bubbles left over and rainbow effect on most of the screen until the solution dried (I did it just before bed so I could follow the instructions to not use the phone for twelve hours). The bubbles worked themselves out after the forty-eight hours. I didn't put a case on until after the forty-eight hours, which isn't in the instructions, but I figured that would be best.

I got the Best Skins Ever screen protector, front screen only, case version. I highly recommend it! Here are some photos of the phone with the protector in one of my cases (a flexible rubbery type pretty case from China). My other case, which also works with the protector, is an Oblique hard case that has shock prevention pattern on the inside (it is the case that looks like brushed metal on the back). The protector goes just to the edge of the Edge screen, so I think any case would work with it.

View attachment 225440

View attachment 225441

(I blanked out my city on the weather widget for privacy - nothing wrong with the screen!)
View attachment 225443

View attachment 225444

View attachment 225445

View attachment 225446

And for anyone curious about the case, here's the back. Yes, I am a chick and love butterflies!
View attachment 225447

Sorry, I don't know why several of these posted sideways! I took them with my iPad (the only reason I have one is an important app for my business that is only on iOS; I prefer Android tablets, but mine is too old to be used now, so I need to get a new one soon, especially because it has a few apps for my type of business that iOS cannot do).

which protector did you get, the glossy or matte?

steve1279

May 25, 2014
Visit site
i've had a zagg on my edge for about 3 weeks or so. It's starting to look orange peeled, and just recently got a small hole in it from a key.

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I got the Spigen Curved Crystal Premium Film for the Edge. It was horrible. The feel of it is not smooth like my previous glass was. I realize it's different from glass but I hated the feel.

In addition, the sides peeled up. I have the Symmetry but from the looks of the edges, I don't see how it sticks out enough to offer that extra little protection around the curve like they say it does. But, maybe it's just me?
Lol

I've only ever used glass. What is the difference in screen protection from that and things like the IQ Shield LiQuidSkin, or their Anti-Glare Full Coverage IQ Shield Matte? Do they offer the same amount of protection? I can't imagine the Gel would.

I see Taken finally released a silver tempered glass. Has anyone tried that. Only them and IQ seem to have decent reviews factoring in a large population. I'm just not as educated on non glass protectors, so I am coming to you experts. :eek:)

Honesty, as much as I ADORE the Edge, I'm kind of regretting getting it rather than the regular S7 because of this whole cover issue.

Sorry for no links to the above mentioned cases, I'm on my mobile. Plus I'm hoping they are well known enough... Lol

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I got the Spigen Curved Crystal Premium Film for the Edge. It was horrible. The feel of it is not smooth like my previous glass was. I realize it's different from glass but I hated the feel.

In addition, the sides peeled up. I have the Symmetry but from the looks of the edges, I don't see how it sticks out enough to offer that extra little protection around the curve like they say it does. But, maybe it's just me?
Lol

I've only ever used glass. What is the difference in screen protection from that and things like the IQ Shield LiQuidSkin, or their Anti-Glare Full Coverage IQ Shield Matte? Do they offer the same amount of protection? I can't imagine the Gel would.

I see Taken finally released a silver tempered glass. Has anyone tried that. Only them and IQ seem to have decent reviews factoring in a large population. I'm just not as educated on non glass protectors, so I am coming to you experts. :eek:)

Honesty, as much as I ADORE the Edge, I'm kind of regretting getting it rather than the regular S7 because of this whole cover issue.

Sorry for no links to the above mentioned cases, I'm on my mobile. Plus I'm hoping they are well known enough... Lol

I've got the same combo (curved crystal/symmetry) and my only problem with it is how soft it is. Not how it feels, how easily it scratches. I'm considering getting a one of the liquid applied protectors just because of the self healing that most have. If you didn't like how they film felt compared to the glass then you're definitely not going to like the liquid applied ones. They're usually more "rubbery" feeling. (Compared to glass that is, not saying they feel like rubber.) As for regretting the edge you really wouldn't have been any better off with the regular S7 since it has a curved edge as well. My wife has the S7 and the Zagg glass she had didn't touch on either side. There was about a 1/8" air gap on each side of hers. My mom got an S7 with some other glass protector and they just made the glass as wide as the flat portion of the screen to avoid the air gap (which looks like crap btw).

Death Roe

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have an issue with screen protectors starting to peel on the sides/lift off the screen? I've gone through FOUR Zagg screen protectors and the same issue keeps happening.

Frank Aiello

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Finally found a combination that works well, Gpel tempered glass screen protector and Ringke Fusion case

Frank Aiello

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Is the gpel clear or can you tell that there is adhesive on it?

The Gpel has a color on top and bottom and a thin color along the edges to hide the adhesive. I got the gold and it's a very good match to the phone. They will be coming out with a generation 2 later this month the hopefully get rid of the grainyness on a white background. They will be replacing mine and also sending me thier clear case.