07-04-2017 05:18 PM
247 ... 78910
tools
    I finally found one that works well with cases and its the Armorsuit case friendly screen protector. It actually looks great and I no longer have any issues with certain cases that was messing up all the screen protectors I had before. Here is the link for it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/ArmorSuit-Mili...cUvbUpU5168571
    Rygots likes this.
    05-09-2016 11:51 AM
    Well after having the Spigen Curved Crystal protector on my phone for a month I'm replacing it already due to scratching, I can't believe how easily this protector scratches and scuffs, apparently its just too damn soft!! Receiving a new case today and will replace the Spigen Curved Crystal with the Zagg HD Dry protector, i hope it does better then the Spigen..
    Sure wish Zagg would release they're Tempered glass protector already!!
    oks10 likes this.
    05-11-2016 08:20 AM
    Well after having the Spigen Curved Crystal protector on my phone for a month I'm replacing it already due to scratching, I can't believe how easily this protector scratches and scuffs, apparently its just too damn soft!! Receiving a new case today and will replace the Spigen Curved Crystal with the Zagg HD Dry protector, i hope it does better then the Spigen..
    I can definitely confirm how easily the spigen protector scratches. Mine has scratches all over it just from getting it in and out of my pocket. Let us know how the Zagg dry protector works out!
    05-11-2016 08:32 AM
    That is why I took it off my phone also and went with the Gpel tempered glass
    05-11-2016 11:14 AM
    Ditto here! Please post if you find one that works with the Tech21 case- latest reject was the Zagg (tempered edge) for the S7 edge - lasted one day before I had to take it back!
    07-06-2016 11:09 PM
    Any one tried the Olixar curved glass screen protector?

http://www.mobilefun.com/58400-olixa...ctor-black.htm

Posted from Android Central
    07-08-2016 11:55 AM
    hey guys so a few days a go a i picked up a zagg screen protector and a otterbox commuter. im disappointed in the otterbox commuter. but the zagg screen protector seems to be holding up well for day 3
    nonie likes this.
    07-08-2016 01:16 PM
    This version of the otterbox defender actually has a good screen protector
    07-12-2016 06:53 AM
    Hi Guys, I'm using a genuine leather case with simple shape, magnetic closure hidden, not belt, very nice.

https://www.amazon.com/SHIELDON-Genuine-Carry-all-Compartments-Magnetic/dp/B01EFS8JWS

07-12-2016 11:23 PM
    How much did he pay?

-S7Edge
    Did it turn yellow orange brown? That seems to happen to all of the clear cases I get. If anyone knows a clear case that won't turn colours that world be great.
    07-13-2016 10:28 PM
    I've got 2 Cases here: I have the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro, and I've got the UAG Featherlight composite. I also am rocking a skinomi, case friendly techskin.

I'm on the hunt for something better. Don't get me wrong. I love that the SUBP offers ample protection to the front and back panels. I haven't dropped it much, so i can't speak to that. The UAG feels flimsy as heck, and while it's got a slim profile (which i like because this phone is already big, I don't need a Note here...) It feels like the phone is always about to fall out of it. That's frightening. The screen protector is alright. It bubbles up under the SUBP, and it works fine with the UAG.

So, has anybody got a better screen protector, maybe one that doesn't have rainbowy dotting or an orange peel effect, or attract oil like no other? I've read about TPU protectors, but i'm not sure if they'll ruin the beauty of the AMOLED screen. I've read about Impact Resistant PET, but I'm not sure where to find one. I've given up on TGSP for this phone. And has anybody found a case that highlights the slimness and beauty of the device, but also protects it from drops? DOES ANYONE HAVE A HAPPY MEDIUM!? Has anyone found the perfect combo?
    07-19-2016 12:11 PM
    I've got 2 Cases here: I have the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro, and I've got the UAG Featherlight composite. I also am rocking a skinomi, case friendly techskin.

I'm on the hunt for something better. Don't get me wrong. I love that the SUBP offers ample protection to the front and back panels. I haven't dropped it much, so i can't speak to that. The UAG feels flimsy as heck, and while it's got a slim profile (which i like because this phone is already big, I don't need a Note here...) It feels like the phone is always about to fall out of it. That's frightening. The screen protector is alright. It bubbles up under the SUBP, and it works fine with the UAG.

So, has anybody got a better screen protector, maybe one that doesn't have rainbowy dotting or an orange peel effect, or attract oil like no other? I've read about TPU protectors, but i'm not sure if they'll ruin the beauty of the AMOLED screen. I've read about Impact Resistant PET, but I'm not sure where to find one. I've given up on TGSP for this phone. And has anybody found a case that highlights the slimness and beauty of the device, but also protects it from drops? DOES ANYONE HAVE A HAPPY MEDIUM!? Has anyone found the perfect combo?
    I have the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro with the Zagg Dry apply film screen protector.

Initially, I had a problem with bubbling / lifting on the sides where the holster grabs the phone (and only there).

I've stopped using the holster and the bubbling / lifting stopped.

I had an incident where the phone went flying through the air, landed face down on the road, and bounced a couple of times. I ended up with a small nick on the corner of the case and some scratches on the screen protector (which went away after cleaning it).

The case is a little bulkier than most, but not nearly as bulky as the Otterbox Defender. Plus, the edges of the case allow for better grip on the sides and no accidental pressing anything on the edge of the screen.

Posted via the Android Central App on the edge
    07-20-2016 11:09 AM
    Did it turn yellow orange brown? That seems to happen to all of the clear cases I get. If anyone knows a clear case that won't turn colours that world be great.
    I got the case $27
    07-25-2016 03:22 AM
    I use this case when I don't feel like I need the extra protection of my otterbox symmetry case. It obviously doesn't have the same level of protection but it keeps my palm from touching the screen when I one-hand it and lets me show off my dbrand skin. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BLHLDI8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    07-25-2016 08:58 AM
    Ordered a UAG case today. I've always had incredible drop experiences with them. Have yet to crack any phone's screen so far.
    07-26-2016 11:38 PM
    I have always used UAG on my past phones but I went with the Supcase Unicorn beetle Hybrid for this one...just wanted to try something different and so far, Supcase is pretty sweet!
    07-27-2016 05:41 AM
    Can someone recommend me a good screen protector for my S7 Edge ?
    I have UAG Case.
    09-08-2016 11:33 AM
    Got a S7E with a UAG case and a Note 7 with a UAG case.
    Neither has a screen protector yet.
    09-08-2016 01:50 PM
    Can anyone suggest a good screen protector for this phone, I had one installed at the Tmobile store and it's coming up on the sides and getting all this dust underneath it.
    09-12-2016 12:54 PM
    Bestskinsever-case fit. Glossy. Believe only available from bestskinsever website. Cost $8.99. Works great with my UAG case. Very smooth surface for a non-tempered glass screen cover and the edges do not lift up as roughly 1mm between edge of skin to case. Be sure to allow up to 96 hours after applying for all bubbles and small imperfections to work themselves out. My skin ended up perfectly with no bubbles or any imperfections.
    Tabbiel1989 likes this.
    09-12-2016 11:36 PM
    Bestskinsever-case fit. Glossy. Believe only available from bestskinsever website. Cost $8.99. Works great with my UAG case. Very smooth surface for a non-tempered glass screen cover and the edges do not lift up as roughly 1mm between edge of skin to case. Be sure to allow up to 96 hours after applying for all bubbles and small imperfections to work themselves out. My skin ended up perfectly with no bubbles or any imperfections.
    Thanks I'm going to give this a try.
    09-13-2016 06:33 AM
    Yay! Just got the new Otterbox tempered glass screen protector and I think we have a winner. Fits the curve beautifully, no lifting yet. The top edges are black and I have the silver Edge. But I've been enjoying the silver and less protection, and now it's time to cover it up a bit for me. I have a grandson who loves going out to play Pokemon and I was scared to death he would drop the phone. I had the Speck case on it, a wallet case, tried different things they are all okay, depending on your application. But the screen was always commando. So, I bought the Otterbox Defender, took the plastic cover out of it, put the tempered screen protector on and it's working great. And I can always take the Defender off and still have the minimal Samsung clear and silver edged-case for when I want to dress up.

Edited to update: The screen is definitely less sensitive, which is going to take some getting used to for me, especially for texting/swyping.

Second update: I'm really have to have a bit of a heavy touch on it and scrolling is not smooth. I also got a drop of water on the screen, near the edge and now you can see the moisture under the screen along the edge. Not a huge deal and it will dry, but still. Also, the adhesive is only on the top and bottom, so I swear I can feel this barely perceptible gap when I press on the screen. Very slight, and maybe it's just because I know there's no adhesive on the screen anywhere. It looks beautiful and you would never know it's on there (except if you have the silver phone, then you would know). At $39 (but at least I got a teacher discount)....still thinking it over.
    09-13-2016 02:23 PM
    New edge owner, receiving it today..it was between nexus 6P and s7 edge...was excited to get my phone today but after reading this thread I just may end up returning it, have 90 day return policy. I have always used a case and screen protector and never cracked/broken/shattered a screen..I am paranoid about shattering this seemingly fragile phone now after reading what everyone is going thru in finding a screen protector..going to wait til Oct 4 to see new Google pixel & pies XL
    09-28-2016 10:51 AM
    Just got my S7 Edge. Have been reading about all of the cases out there.

Could someone offer advice on 2 or 3 cases with built-in screen protectors.
    09-28-2016 12:42 PM
    09-28-2016 05:21 PM
247 ... 78910