Good Edge cases and screen protectors??

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the Gpel. hope you guys found a good one. so many have bad reviews out there.. looks simple to install. I wonder if it would help to use a hair dryer on it after install to help with the bonding and how long to wait till you put on a case. I think allot of people throw on a case too soon.

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a Unicorn Beetle Pro case with a holster. I also have the Zagg HD screen protector. Because the top plastic piece fits on top of the screen and not from behind, it pays down over the edge of the protector instead of coming from underneath and peeling the protector when you secure the case.

But after a few times having to remove the case to remove / reinstall my memory card, I noticed the sides of the protector starting to lift.

I also put a Dbrand skin in the back of my phone (to prevent scratching from the inside of the back of the case). The instructions for the skin had me use a hair dryer to soften the edges and make them stick better.

So I tried a hair dryer on the edge of the Zagg protector and gently pressed the edges down for a couple of minutes. Now the protector sits flush against the entire screen.

I recommend trying this before getting frustrated and ripping off your film screen protector and buying something else.

Posted via the Android Central App on the edge

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My Spigen Curved Crystal and Zagg HD Dry protectors arrived at the same time...
Not sure which I want to try 1st lol

View attachment 223929

I went with the Spigen since I have a Spigen case it will used with.. I did the usual in the bathroom after a shower keeping dust to a minimum. Little trickier with the Edge curved glass but it went well, looks great and even after putting my Neo-Hybrid case back on the edges are not lifting(worried the edges may meet causing the edges to lift but everything is looking good. Not as nice as glass will be but looks good and the screen is protected..
photo.JPGpho copy.jpg

casiouser

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm ordering the Samsung brand protective case from B&H. It keeps the look of the phone and isn't too bulky.

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I went with the Spigen since I have a Spigen case it will used with.. I did the usual in the bathroom after a shower keeping dust to a minimum. Little trickier with the Edge curved glass but it went well, looks great and even after putting my Neo-Hybrid case back on the edges are not lifting(worried the edges may meet causing the edges to lift but everything is looking good. Not as nice as glass will be but looks good and the screen is protected..
View attachment 224017View attachment 224018

Do the sides of the Spigen peel up when using a case? They look mighty deep.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Do the sides of the Spigen peel up when using a case? They look mighty deep.

So far no, the edges haven't budged and it looks like the Spigen Neo-Hybrid's rubber bumper edges protects the screen protector's edges so you can't accidentally hit the edges causing them to pull up or peel.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I went lifeproof this morning.... I couldn't stand not having a screen protector.... yeah it was more than I wanted to spend but I know it will work

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I went with the Zagg HD and it's already messed up, My phone did fall out of my pocket once at work but cases are messing it up and the Symmetry does better but the Spigen Slim Armor is messing it up. I was thinking should i get the Spigen curved since I am using Spigen case but I switch around from my Symmetry and to my S flip cover. I am waiting for the Zagg glass curved so I can just pay the upgrade fee but I want another one on their now in the mean time since this is messed up. My husband did his liquid one last night forgot the name someone else bought one it was like $7.85 and he said he wished he had bought 2 cause this was just like a test but he did pretty good putting it on it's ok. I think I'll check into the Spigen since it's a curved one and comes with 2. So if it messes up I'll have an extra or my husband can have it.

Let me know how you like the Spigen? I went to Amazon just now and the 1st so many reviews were bad. Thanks!

My Spigen Curved Crystal and Zagg HD Dry protectors arrived at the same time...
Not sure which I want to try 1st lol

View attachment 223929

csleverette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Well I ordered the GPEL one and installed it today. I will try and get some pics later. No bubbles no dust. I use an Urban Armor Gear Cobalt case with mine and I do not currently see where the case is interfering with the GPEL protector. I also put on my Candy Shell Grip case and although its a tighter fit, I didn't notice any impairing of the protector. I will see how things are going at the end of the week.

LGalaxyGirl

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I bought both the Spigen Curved Crystal and the Zagg Original Invisible Shield. They're in the garbage. The biggest problem was bubbling.

I'm waiting for Tech Armor's ballistic glass protector. Had them with my S3 and S5. It saved my S5's screen once. Great investment. I just don't know when it's coming out.

My case is a Spigen Ultra Hybrid with the case ring (got it free with the deal Spigen had in March.) It gives a good grip, something this slippery beast of a phone really needs.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I bought both the Spigen Curved Crystal and the Zagg Original Invisible Shield. They're in the garbage. The biggest problem was bubbling.

I'm waiting for Tech Armor's ballistic glass protector. Had them with my S3 and S5. It saved my S5's screen once. Great investment. I just don't know when it's coming out.

My case is a Spigen Ultra Hybrid with the case ring (got it free with the deal Spigen had in March.) It gives a good grip, something this slippery beast of a phone really needs.

You had bubble issues with the Spigen curved crystal?? When installing or afterwards? I had some during installation but I kept pulling it back to the bubbles then relaying it pressing down and sliding my thumb against the screen until there were only a couple bubbles near the ends which were easily pushed out using the included plastic scraper.
Patience and a dust free room is key.

csleverette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Well I ordered the GPEL one and installed it today. I will try and get some pics later. No bubbles no dust. I use an Urban Armor Gear Cobalt case with mine and I do not currently see where the case is interfering with the GPEL protector. I also put on my Candy Shell Grip case and although its a tighter fit, I didn't notice any impairing of the protector. I will see how things are going at the end of the week.

For those interested. After running the GPEL and the Candy Shell Grip for the afternoon I noticed through use that indeed this case was affecting the GPEL install. I removed it, re-seated the GPEL, and put my UAG back on. So no go with this protector and the GPEL.

kb31

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I guess I'm going shopping for cases.

I love the minimalist, slick feel of my naked S7E. However, this is, to quote Julia Roberts, a "slippery little sucker".

It keeps sliding WAY too easily out of my pocket, and I'm lucky so far that it has not landed on a hard surface and cracked.

I'm thinking about waiting for the Mophie battery case, but not sure how much longer I want to risk it breaking.

You should get the Samsung battery case instead.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Spigen Curved Crystal and am really happy with it. Good thing it came with 2 because I failed on the first attempt... It was a bit of work getting the edges to completely stay down but I just kept applying pressure to it until it was mostly gone. Left it caseless overnight and the following day and the remaining air gaps appear to have taken care of themselves, maybe from the heat being in my pocket all day. Put my otterbox symmetry back on this morning and so far no lifting. For 8 bucks off Amazon, I'm incredible happy with the Spigen protector, even if I had to trash one. :D No bubble issues on the main portion of the screen for me.

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I got 2 UAG cases for mine. Had them for other phones prior to this and have always had a great experience. Fits great, lightweight and very minimal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800