Good Edge cases and screen protectors??

FredtheWhale

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
two questions:

- does anyone know of a good glass screen protector for the s7 edge? (zagg and tech armor seem to still be in development without a release date)
- why do the glass screen protectors seem to always have colors on the top/bottom .... why not simply clear?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I actually want a screen protector for this phone but will sit and wait patiently until Tech Armor comes out with a clear version. Those versions with colors are the edges are weird.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I added 2 silvers to my cart and it told me I was eligible for BOGO Free and it was 9 bucks for shipping. I am not buying it but I just wanted to see if it would let me do 2 silvers cause me and my husband both have silver and I was thinking about maybe getting them. I am still wanting a glass protector and someone said Tech Armor released theirs anyone getting one or already have it. I am waiting for Zagg but they are taking to long. Is the tech Armors colored I don't want that if they are.

Right now they have a buy one get one free, you just have to get a different color.
That isn't bad for almost $16.
All 3 colors look nice.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I added 2 silvers to my cart and it told me I was eligible for BOGO Free and it was 9 bucks for shipping. I am not buying it but I just wanted to see if it would let me do 2 silvers cause me and my husband both have silver and I was thinking about maybe getting them. I am still wanting a glass protector and someone said Tech Armor released theirs anyone getting one or already have it. I am waiting for Zagg but they are taking to long. Is the tech Armors colored I don't want that if they are.
Good to know you can get 2 of the same color.
And I'm on the same boat on the zagg glass.
But since I went for almost a year without a screen protector on my GS6 edge, I really don't feel the pressure of getting one for the GS7 edge.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
two questions:

- does anyone know of a good glass screen protector for the s7 edge? (zagg and tech armor seem to still be in development without a release date)
- why do the glass screen protectors seem to always have colors on the top/bottom .... why not simply clear?

There are no good glass protectors for the edge and I doubt there will ever be one.
The color is there to hide the nasty tape that will hold the protector on. No adhesive on the actual display area, just the top, bottom and thin sides.

Zagg and Tech Armor are dragging their butts as the glass protectors for the edge just don't work.

Lfsnz67

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, huge thumbs up to the GPEL glass screen protector. It fits very well has no dead zones or grid of dots and works with all of my cases.
It does however have little but of visual texture for the eagle eyed but it doesn't bother me.
Has a great feel. Wish they had a clear version but I like the gold.

Posted via the Android Central App

skribbles505

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Same here, and their cases are designed to work with their screen protectors without issues. A lot of others won't guarantee the protectors on the EDGE won't bee peeled off by the case moving against it.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Wonder how it will work with the Symmetry? I also have a Spigen slim armor and the S View Flip case. I just want a glass protector already and Zagg is taking too long.

Ok, huge thumbs up to the GPEL glass screen protector. It fits very well has no dead zones or grid of dots and works with all of my cases.
It does however have little but of visual texture for the eagle eyed but it doesn't bother me.

teg10

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site

Which cases please?

Lfsnz67

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site

teg10

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for this detailed response - super helpful. When you say to pry the edges up, do you mean to lift up the edges of the screen protector (vs the case), so they aren't actually attached to the phone screen anymore? Do the protector's edges then rest on the front bevel of the case?

Lfsnz67

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
No, you want to run a fingernail around edge of the case and pull it up and over the edges of the screen protector if it is a pliable type of case (not on something hard like the Rinke Slim...)

EDIT:
This guy does a great job showing several cases working with this screen protector and how to pull up the edges:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_F4Gmqf-Wo

teg10

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
No, you want to run a fingernail around edge of the case and pull it up and over the edges of the screen protector if it is a pliable type of case (not on something hard like the Rinke Slim...)

EDIT:
This guy does a great job showing several cases working with this screen protector and how to pull up the edges:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_F4Gmqf-Wo

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks again!

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a leather carrying case that the S7 with Symmetry protector will fit snuggly into? I bought a cheap one off Amazon that claimed it was for the S7 but it could probably fit a Galaxy Tab in it.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I have had my S7 Edge for a little over a week and am loving it! Because of posts here and on another forum I read due to a Google search, I wanted to buy a screen protector for my fragile screen. I normally hate screen protectors and haven't used one since I attempted to use one in the '90s on my Palm Pilot (it didn't go well, bubbles and orange peel galore), so I spent a lot of time reading threads to find the best one that wasn't rubbery (no way could I use a rubbery one), was clear as day (I don't want my beautiful screen looking not so crisp), and would work with a case.

(I have also never used a case for a phone before this one, but because it is so fragile, I spent a lot of time looking for a case I would actually like and actually found two, one of which is more protective than the other - I treat my phones with care and have yet to break one, but this is the most fragile one I have had and because I do very occasionally drop them and my service dog is trained to retrieve them gently, I decided to use the cases.)

The screen protector that I chose based on the reviews is great! It works perfectly with cases, as it is the case version of the protector, and doesn't mess with the screen (the only time you see slight orange peel is in light reflections shining on the screen), and is only the slightest bit rubbery feeling compared to the smooth bare screen (if I didn't know how lovely the bare screen feels on the fingers, I probably wouldn't even have noticed the feel of the protector). I was afraid that putting it on would be a huge problem because of alignment and my OCD to want everything perfect, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. It would have been even easier to install if I had a spray bottle like they highly recommend, as I got way too much solution on it so it would move every time I would place my finger on the middle to make it stick after aligning it perfectly. There were only a couple tiny bubbles left over and rainbow effect on most of the screen until the solution dried (I did it just before bed so I could follow the instructions to not use the phone for twelve hours). The bubbles worked themselves out after the forty-eight hours. I didn't put a case on until after the forty-eight hours, which isn't in the instructions, but I figured that would be best.

I got the Best Skins Ever screen protector, front screen only, case version. I highly recommend it! Here are some photos of the phone with the protector in one of my cases (a flexible rubbery type pretty case from China). My other case, which also works with the protector, is an Oblique hard case that has shock prevention pattern on the inside (it is the case that looks like brushed metal on the back). The protector goes just to the edge of the Edge screen, so I think any case would work with it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

(I blanked out my city on the weather widget for privacy - nothing wrong with the screen!)
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And for anyone curious about the case, here's the back. Yes, I am a chick and love butterflies!
image.jpg

Sorry, I don't know why several of these posted sideways! I took them with my iPad (the only reason I have one is an important app for my business that is only on iOS; I prefer Android tablets, but mine is too old to be used now, so I need to get a new one soon, especially because it has a few apps for my type of business that iOS cannot do).

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hope that case offers good protection on the edges.
Looks kinda thin from the pictures.
Good luck with yer phone.
Hope you enjoy it.
It's a very, very nice phone.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Hope that case offers good protection on the edges.
Looks kinda thin from the pictures.
Good luck with yer phone.
Hope you enjoy it.
It's a very, very nice phone.

That's why I have the more protective case, for when I am out of the house, as this one is probably only good for preventing scratches on the back of the phone. It was too pretty not to get, especially at only $8! ;)

Since I am upgrading from an S3, it is definitely a much better phone and I love all the new features and much better camera.

bmpretorius

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Love my UAG case, allows my edge to keep its slick thin feel. But 1 days after putting it on and 3 days after buying it I dropped it :-(
and it landed on one of the bottom corners and that was my screen... smashed. pretty gutted.