Good Edge cases and screen protectors??

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Bestskinsever-case fit. Glossy. Believe only available from bestskinsever website. Cost $8.99. Works great with my UAG case. Very smooth surface for a non-tempered glass screen cover and the edges do not lift up as roughly 1mm between edge of skin to case. Be sure to allow up to 96 hours after applying for all bubbles and small imperfections to work themselves out. My skin ended up perfectly with no bubbles or any imperfections.

Thanks I'm going to give this a try. :)

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Yay! Just got the new Otterbox tempered glass screen protector and I think we have a winner. Fits the curve beautifully, no lifting yet. The top edges are black and I have the silver Edge. But I've been enjoying the silver and less protection, and now it's time to cover it up a bit for me. I have a grandson who loves going out to play Pokemon and I was scared to death he would drop the phone. I had the Speck case on it, a wallet case, tried different things they are all okay, depending on your application. But the screen was always commando. So, I bought the Otterbox Defender, took the plastic cover out of it, put the tempered screen protector on and it's working great. And I can always take the Defender off and still have the minimal Samsung clear and silver edged-case for when I want to dress up.

Edited to update: The screen is definitely less sensitive, which is going to take some getting used to for me, especially for texting/swyping.

Second update: I'm really have to have a bit of a heavy touch on it and scrolling is not smooth. I also got a drop of water on the screen, near the edge and now you can see the moisture under the screen along the edge. Not a huge deal and it will dry, but still. Also, the adhesive is only on the top and bottom, so I swear I can feel this barely perceptible gap when I press on the screen. Very slight, and maybe it's just because I know there's no adhesive on the screen anywhere. It looks beautiful and you would never know it's on there (except if you have the silver phone, then you would know). At $39 (but at least I got a teacher discount)....still thinking it over.

Last edited:

Higgins7

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
New edge owner, receiving it today..it was between nexus 6P and s7 edge...was excited to get my phone today but after reading this thread I just may end up returning it, have 90 day return policy. I have always used a case and screen protector and never cracked/broken/shattered a screen..I am paranoid about shattering this seemingly fragile phone now after reading what everyone is going thru in finding a screen protector..going to wait til Oct 4 to see new Google pixel & pies XL

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Just got my S7 Edge. Have been reading about all of the cases out there.

Could someone offer advice on 2 or 3 cases with built-in screen protectors.

Higgins7

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
So for what's it's worth posting on this thread, seems like a dead thread, I tried the ishieldz HD screen only protector and I was unable to get the cornersof the protector to stay adhered to the screen. Tried holding down the 4 corners with my fingers and thumbs for almost an hour but still wouldn't stay down. So conclusion, don't buy this product, it's a waste of money.

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
So there is basically no screen protector - glass or plastic - that will adhere well with a case on the s7e?

I've had lick with both the Zagg HD dry apply and Skinomi wet apply screen protectors. With both, you have to give them some time to set in before putting a case on.

SJQ

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
So there is basically no screen protector - glass or plastic - that will adhere well with a case on the s7e?

I use healing shield edge s7 curved screen protector. And it covers 90 pecent in front. And the edge is covered too. U should try it

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Have to say, I seen a otterbox case with the screen protector on the S7E on a salesman that works there phone.
And it looked really good.
Otterbox has come a long way over their old box style phone case .

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
How long?

About an hour with each pressing along the edges every 10 minutes or so. Then when it looks like it's settled in, I used a hair dryer on low along the edges to warm it up and press along the edges.

Note: With the Skinomi, you have to wrap the microfiber cloth around the card you use to remove bubbles or it will scratch the skin. Once the skin is completely dry, it's much more resistant to scratching.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
About an hour with each pressing along the edges every 10 minutes or so. Then when it looks like it's settled in, I used a hair dryer on low along the edges to warm it up and press along the edges.

Note: With the Skinomi, you have to wrap the microfiber cloth around the card you use to remove bubbles or it will scratch the skin. Once the skin is completely dry, it's much more resistant to scratching.
I had no luck with zagg in note 7 but I did put the case on right after applying it

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the IQShield case friendly wet-install screen protector and the Speck Candyshell grip, so far so good. I followed the install instructions to the letter, let the phone sit turned off for over 12 hours and it seems to work. There is less than a 1mm difference between the edge of the case the edge of the protector.

adelrs

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
After a few weeks of the launch of Samsung for a series of new leading phones Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge, many users said that they had encountered some problems, including excessive screen curved sensitivity, high temperature and other problems which they said Ozaajtahm and spoiled them enjoy Pttabiqathm own
You can get rid of the problem Fiche technique Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge avec 01net.com

Est_XCIV

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I have the speck clear and the Uag clear cases. I love both. The speck has better feel in the hand with rounded edges but the Uag has more grip. Can't decide between the two.

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a GPEL 2nd Gen tempered glass screen protector which works nicely with my Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro protective case. But, I wanted something a bit more sleek that shows off the phone while still providing protection, but also not messing with the screen protector.

So I got a Ringke Fusion Smoked Glass case which arrived today. It's fairly protective and looks nice. Note: I also have a DBrand mat black skin on the back. Here's some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_20161203_232518.jpg
    IMG_20161203_232518.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 94

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci