Anyone have experience with The Air Dock 2.0?

DuCeNuKeM

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking to get a magnetic wireless charger and this seems like it's the best thing I could find. It's a bit pricey but they are having a spring sale for $25 off.
c11ec0089fd620e024f3ca885dc0c6bf.jpg

a82a286afaa45be3806330e9d93b23ae.jpg

Shadowfalx

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to get a magnetic wireless charger and this seems like it's the best thing I could find. It's a bit pricey but they are having a spring sale for $25 off.

I just bought one, hopefully it will be better then my old one (one from Amazon but without the magnetic stuff).

DuCeNuKeM

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
From the reviews that I've read, it doesn't support quick charge 2.0. Here are a few Pro's and Con's that I've found out about this charger:

Cons:
No specs found on website or any other site. Reviewers say that it doesn't quick charge any of their qc 2.0 compatible phones.
Some people report that the micro stick pad is not sticky enough even on smooth cases. It also less effective when your car heats up or if the pad gets dirty.
Some people say also say that the magnets in it aren't strong enough even after you put on the magnetic sticker that comes with it. (could be a nexus 6 issue with it's curved back)
No vent mount option. (What I'm looking for)
Expensive. $99 (get $25 off with their spring discount code)
Not quick charge 2.0 compatible

Pros:
Wireless, cradle-less, and works for Qi compatible phones.
Cd mount option available. Standard mount works for smooth or textured surfaces.
NFC chip built in.

Well I'm still looking for something similar to this. I'd prefer if it was QC 2.0. I currently have a magnetic vent mount in my car and the s7e sticks to it even with a spigen slim case.
There are plenty of wireless Qi car chargers on Amazon and even with QC 2.0. But all of them have cradles or some type of ugly clamp system. If anyone finds something similar to Air Dock 2.0, please let me know. Thanks!

Some reviews that I found:
http://bestwirelesscharger.org/the-air-dock-review/
http://www.reddit.com/r/nexus6/comments/33ekdr/air_dock_20_arrived_yesterday/
http://esbuzz.net/trends/video/the-air-dock-wireless-qi-charger-for-android--iphone

HonestTruth

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I have owned two Air Docks and both are in the garbage.

The charging port on the first dock became loose. When I politely asked the company to stand behind their product, they said no. They did offer a 50% discount if I bought a new one (which should give you some sense of how enormous their markup is). I did buy a new one.

The entire front face of the new one came completely off the frame within 30 seconds of un-boxing. When I politely asked the company to stand behind their product, they said sure - but I would have to pay to return it to them. I declined on general principle. Why should I have to pay to return their defective product? When I asked them to reconsider, they did not bother to respond.

My overall impression is that this is a mediocre product that is easily damaged and rendered useless, and the customer service is three feet below the bottom of the barrel.

Find an alternative on Amazon.

DuCeNuKeM

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. I ended up buying a Choetech wireless charging pad from amazon and modifying it with magnets and adding AirStick microsuction tape on the pad. Works great!

twkellen

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I have one in my truck - the magnet hold actually works better with the S7Edge than it did with the S6Edge. It is not a fast charge device, but really nice to be able to get in, stick the phone on the dashboard mount and go.

mailbunch

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
I had bought two. On one, the front face of plate came off after a month. When I contacted the company, they said sometimes they have faulty glueing. They suggested I glue it back myself.

On the other one I bought, the plate came off after 7 months, making the whole thing fall to the ground and the magnets inside shatter. I asked them what kind of warranty they offer since they admitted having faulty glueing in their product. They said none outside of 30 days. They offered 20% off if I bought a new one... I said no thanks given your products are admittedly faulty and yet you won't fix them.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Old thread I know. I'd been using one for years with good luck. I loved how easy it was to put the phone on and off and how relatively inconspicuous it is compared to other models with arms and a base that stick out. Charging was slow, but worked well enough. They kept telling me they were coming out with a quick charge model, but that's been since last year now. It stopped working with my S&e and now still doesn't work on my S8+. They only have email contact option. No phone number, which is never a good sign. We'll see if they write back to me about my current problem, but I've had it a few years so I won't get my hopes up for them replacing it.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Old thread I know. I'd been using one for years with good luck. I loved how easy it was to put the phone on and off and how relatively inconspicuous it is compared to other models with arms and a base that stick out. Charging was slow, but worked well enough. They kept telling me they were coming out with a quick charge model, but that's been since last year now. It stopped working with my S&e and now still doesn't work on my S8+. They only have email contact option. No phone number, which is never a good sign. We'll see if they write back to me about my current problem, but I've had it a few years so I won't get my hopes up for them replacing it.

Update to my post. I can't recommend them any longer based on the company alone, aside from the fact that mine stopped working. Yes, it's been about 15 months since I bought it, but they only offer a 30 day warranty. Who offers a 30 day warranty??? I contacted them and the best they can offer is 10% off a new one. That's a $7 discount. Unfortunately, some companies forget that customers are the source of their income...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance