I got this new version of the Choetech general wireless charging plate. They have now upgraded the plate to support also the fast wirelessa charging used in the S6 Edge+, Note 5 and S7/S7Edge.

I have been using this charger and wireless plate for a few weeks now and here is my review of it.

The charger comes in a tiny box (I got mine from Amazon.

What you get in the box:
    • Fast wireless charging plate
    • USB cable (usb-a to micro-usb)
    • Manual/instructions

Review of the Choetech Fast Wireless Charger-20160319_122204.jpg

So you will need a wall charger too if you want to use this.

Specs
    As said this is a 3 coil charger which means that there is three coils inside the charger. What this actually means is that the placement of the phone when you put it on the charger doesn't play such a high role as you don't have to put it on a specific spot. Every device that supports wireless charging has it's own coil in different places and with these normal 1 coil chargers you might need to be a spot on on the placement if you want wireless charging to work.

Basic specs of the charger are:
    • Input: 5v 2A / 9V 1.7A
    • Output: 10W (Max)
    • Charging distance: 0-5mm
    • Weight: 110g

Review of the Choetech Fast Wireless Charger-20160319_143424.jpg
    As you can see this is very powerfull charger.

Using the charger

As said, you will need a extra wall plug to go on with the charging plate. I can recommend the Choetech one. Of course if you don't need or want to use the Fast Wireless charging capabilities any normal wall charger will do.

This charger also has it's own notification led which glows with different colors to inform the user about the state of the charger. So when the charger is charging a device the led will be green. And when it has completed the charging or is on standby it will be off. It can be little bright if you keep this in your bedroom at your night stand or table but I have seen way more brighter ones.

One thing though, this will not work (atleast did not work for me) with Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S7 Edge wall charger (the Samsung adaptive fast charger one) for some reason. When I tried to use it the plate would just blink it's notification led and wouldn't charge but with a QC 2.0/3.0 wall charger it's working fine.

I've been using the charger as my main charger for the past few weeks and I am really happy with it. Now I don't need to find my cables if I want to have quick charge for my phone as the fast wireless charging is pretty much on par with the charging speed with when you hooked to a cable + quick charge wall plug.

It took me a little over 1h 10minutes to go from 15% to 100% with the wireless charger. It is really handy and I would like to see this fast wireless charging to spread to more phones.

Conclusion
    As I sais, I am really happy with this charger and I can definately recommend this for anyone looking for a good and fast wireless charger for their Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge. The charger is not the cheapest one but it is still cheaper than the official new Samsung one. So if you want to save few buck go with the Choetech one and with the price of the official Samsung charger you can get the wireless one and a QC2.0 certified wall plug.
    henrykrinkle likes this.
    03-19-2016 08:32 AM
    Thanks...I may pick one up. Have you tried it with any cases on?
    03-19-2016 04:21 PM
    Thanks...I may pick one up. Have you tried it with any cases on?
    I have tried with three different Spigen cases (thin fit, rugged armor and tough armor) and it works fine with all of them. So I would think it will work with almost any case (unless it is a total monster in size and thickness)
    geluadi and bigoldthor like this.
    03-20-2016 02:20 AM
    I have the T-511S from Choetech and love it. Paired it with the Choe 18W Fast Charger wall adapter and this thing charges extremely fast. Love it!!! Works with all my cases no problem as well.

Review of the Choetech Fast Wireless Charger-3.jpg

Review of the Choetech Fast Wireless Charger-1.jpg

Review of the Choetech Fast Wireless Charger-2.jpg
    03-22-2016 07:01 AM
    One thing though, this will not work (atleast did not work for me) with Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S7 Edge wall charger (the Samsung adaptive fast charger one) for some reason. When I tried to use it the plate would just blink it's notification led and wouldn't charge but with a QC 2.0/3.0 wall charger it's working fine.
    That's kind of strange? Wonder why? I have a standard non-fast Fantasy pad and it only works with my S7 Edge using the wall charger that came with the phone, with any other plug is goes into charging paused mode..
    03-22-2016 09:45 AM
    Review of the Choetech Fast Wireless Charger-image.jpg

I got the Choetech T518 Fast Wireless Charging pad.

I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and I'm extremely happy with the product. I have a Galaxy S7 Edge and use it on a nightly basis and a few things I really appreciate about the T518 is there's no bright LED light during the night and it never seems to get warm. There's is a LED light, but it goes off soon after phone is rested on pad. It charges extremely fast, doesn't get hot and rarely ever have issues with finding the sweet spot for wireless charging to be activated.

It's also powered by micro USB and both cable and adaptor is included.

Lastly, I also have samsungs version and Verizon and Choetechs price, customer service and execution is top notch.

If anyone has questions, let me know.
    03-29-2016 11:15 AM
    I agree with these reviews. I also own the first 2 mentioned above (T513S and the T511S). They are fast indeed. The T511S is more appropriate for the S7 edge was it makes less noise when it's charging but it's as fast as the T513S anyway. And it's only £9.99 on Amazon UK!!! Really small price for such a good device. I've had it for several weeks now and it has never let me down, even with a thin case on, even though it's not recommended to charge it with the case on of course.

As with the T513S, the T511S also has a Led that tells you when it's charging and when it has finished charging, which is a plus. Neither of my S7 nor S7 edge are getting too hot when charged.
    I fully charged my S7 edge from about 8% to 100% in 1.5Hrs but let's not forget that the first 40% are charged very fast compared to the remaining 60%. That means you can go from close to 0 to 40 in a few minutes (about 15).

Input: 5V/2A; Output: 5V/1A(max)

Review of the Choetech Fast Wireless Charger-qshjbhgl.jpg
    04-06-2016 03:39 PM
    I 100% agree with the above posts. I have the T-511S from Choetech and love it. I use it every day. it works great with my S7. I have had a number of other charging pads, but none of them seemed to have the quality feel that this one does.
    04-11-2016 08:37 AM
    Can any of these wireless chargers charge more then one phone at a time?
    04-14-2016 01:59 AM
    no. They are not made for that and you wouldn't have enough room anyway to safely charge 2 phones.
    04-14-2016 05:46 AM
    I would like to buy a 3 coils one to try whther it or not. Haha~
    04-18-2016 02:04 AM