Who Is Using a Leather Flip/Wallet Case for S7 Edge?

bigpapa2001

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Puregear Extreme Impact Screen Protector that I bought at the T-Mobile store. And interestingly, I went back there after researching and deciding upon a tempered glass protector and T-Mobile told me that they had a tempered glass protector. Now that I am looking at the box, this is NOT tempered glass. I'll admit I was freaking out on day#1 carrying a phone with no case and no glass cover so I was desperate to get something.

Are you have any trouble with that screen protector sticking on the sides of the phone I've gone through 3 at tmobile Cuz they don't stick

LSWMW

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I am having no problems on the sides at all. Right next to the volume buttons there is a small amount of debris that has gotten underneath the screen cover, but the way the case fits makes it that I don't actually touch this area anyway so it isn't lifting up that I can tell. The sales person at the store is the one who put it on for me, he had his technique.

LSWMW

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
This is the kind of case I had in the past with my S3. I just want to have a nice color though. Not black, brown, or red for me. I came from having a purple case which I absolutely loved.

djh_wolf

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't really understand any of this. Maybe I'm getting old. All I see are a thousand different minute variations on a single case type i.e rubbery back cover with rubbery bits around the edges, leaving the main part of the phone (huge screen!) completely unprotected.

Sorry, I guess that's not true so long as the phone is dropped onto an absolutely flat surface. Then the military grade rubbery bits will absorb the impact. Woo.

But if I drop my phone face down on a standard bit of outside ground, with say, a loose pebble or gravel or whatever, my phone's bollocksed.

What happened to a decent flip-style phone case covering the screen? And not those cheap-*** ones from eBay which clip the phones in place with a crappy plastic bezel that'll snap after a few months of being tossed about in a bag or pocket?

Definitely don't understand opinions from people who have purchased several of these (arguably) similar cases and have preferences on which one they'll use for going to work, then a different one for popping to the shops, and another for going out for a meal.

Am I just finally becoming old and stupid without understanding that it's happening? Why isn't there a case out there that'll actually cover my screen without being a cheap *** 2 quid POS from eBay China?

Edit
So basically, why can't I just buy a UAG case, with that kind of kick-*** protection, but with the addition of a front cover (made of the same rubbery style material) with say, a leather spine and a magnetic catch.

Not that I'm picky = p
-/edit

Solution:

One uag case + one flip case + rivets. Perfection. =)

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes, fits perfectly fine.
I can't decide which of those 2 I like the most.
I've used the Spigen only one day and the VRS I've used it a total of 6 days so far.
Well, there's one thing I hate about the VRS, most of the time the cover presses on the home button and when I open it the camera is on.
I don't have that problem with the Spigen.

I ended up getting the VRS because I really liked the images you posted (plus another member here posted a sweet deal for $5!). I was really happy to find it has a fairly strong magnet clasp. The one thing that bothers me so far is the gap when it is fully closed. I only have 3 cards in the slots so I can't figure out why it is so wide. I don't think I'll obsess over it so the only other worry is the home button. I'll be using it at work tomorrow so hopefully it won't be an issue. My scrubs have loose pants pockets so I'm guessing I won't have a problem.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting the VRS because I really liked the images you posted (plus another member here posted a sweet deal for $5!). I was really happy to find it has a fairly strong magnet clasp. The one thing that bothers me so far is the gap when it is fully closed. I only have 3 cards in the slots so I can't figure out why it is so wide. I don't think I'll obsess over it so the only other worry is the home button. I'll be using it at work tomorrow so hopefully it won't be an issue. My scrubs have loose pants pockets so I'm guessing I won't have a problem.
Which color did you get?
Post pics.

I have been using the Spigen a lot more lately. I really like it more then the vrs.
It's more svelte, or at least it feels that way, and my camera isn't on every time I open the case. And I can use it as a stand to watch TV, videos etc on my GS7 edge.

I'm seriously thinking about cutting the vrs a la Spigen, so the camera won't keep on turning every time I use that case.
I'll just have to be careful making that home button cutout without damaging the vrs case.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Which color did you get?
Post pics.

I have been using the Spigen a lot more lately. I really like it more then the vrs.
It's more svelte, or at least it feels that way, and my camera isn't on every time I open the case. And I can use it as a stand to watch TV, videos etc on my GS7 edge.

I'm seriously thinking about cutting the vrs a la Spigen, so the camera won't keep on turning every time I use that case.
I'll just have to be careful making that home button cutout without damaging the vrs case.

I got the coffee brown. I'll post pics when I get a chance later this week/weekend. I didn't have the home button issue today, thank goodness. I don't think I have the nerves of steel it would take to cut the case. I would like to see what that looks like if you do it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I got the coffee brown. I'll post pics when I get a chance later this week/weekend. I didn't have the home button issue today, thank goodness. I don't think I have the nerves of steel it would take to cut the case. I would like to see what that looks like if you do it.
I'm thinking of it as a weekend project. Maybe this coming Sunday.
Anywho, I'll post pictures if I do it.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Some of the people on this site must be totally clumsy-uncoordinated- and careless with the phones they get, using bulging cases that make the phone look like a box phone from 1995, screen protectors that take away from screen quality- so on and so on. Every phone I have had in the past 10 years, I have dropped my phone I think one time. If you're like me and just careful and have phone insurance just to be safe, you're golden. I really just don't get it. You buy a beautiful phone- the best looking phone on the market and you bulk it up to look nothing like it? It just doesn't make any sense to me.
I agree with you in reference to the screen protector but I do not when it comes to cases. Why? Because cases do not have to remain on forever. I put on a case whenever I'm in a situation that will warrant additional protection. If there is no need for it then I use it naked. Plus I like to have different cases for different occasions and that gives my phone a different look. As far as flip cases I am currently using the LED flip case from Samsung for my gold S7 Edge.

dhinakaran

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, would any of you recommend a leather case without the magnetic clasp? I'd quite like the sleeker look. have shortlisted a few below (not in order of preference), if anyone has one, your feedback would be very useful!

1.This by YUNQE -UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D4YY...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5211911

2. Novada https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01E7LD...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5211911

3. Lensun https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01F441...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5211911

4. Sleo (my first choice at the moment) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01C6Y3...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5211911

5. Stilgut https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FUAY...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5211911

Sorry for the many links guys, just can't seem to make up my mind!

Cheers,

D

MeatLoafT

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Otterbox Strada on my S7 Edge. Pretty solid case, and probably my best bet since they have no plans to make a Defender model for the Edge. Mine is the blue, looks pretty sharp. The screen cover stays closed with a magnet (it also catches when cover flipped around back.) I'm getting used to it and love the protection. It seems to be basically a Symmetry case with a leather (-esque) cover. Normal complaints from me, no camera use when cover flipped back and it's very right-handed, I'm not. LOL. All in all, good quality, but being Otterbox, it's pricey.

BillPhillips

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I completely agree that the standard rubber type case (that young folks get) leaves the screen unprotected. I got a leatherette wallet type case for my Galaxy Note 3 after dropping it on a gravel drive and cracking the screen. Did it 2 weeks into my two year plan on Verizon. So, when I just got my Galaxy s7 Edge ($300 from Verizon) I immediately ordered a wallet leatherette type case. $10 on Amazon, and comes in 10 colors. I think they even had a real leather case at a much higher price.

The brand name is "Arae." It fits perfectly and is well made. I like it because it also has a flexible back that allows propping up the phone in landscape mode. I do this in restaurants and read the NY Times, or a book on my Kindle app. The only difficultly with this type of case is that it fits awkwardly in car dash mounts when using Google Maps for driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34