Hi all,

I've got a Black S7 Edge and am very tempted to get a Speck CandyShell non-grip case, despite the cost as I've seen good reviews about it (no drop/smash tests though...), and whilst I want to protect my phone I don't want to cover up its appearance too much. The Speck CandyShell non-grip cases seem like the best compromise so far.

I don't know what looked better though; their Clear case or the Black-clear case as all the reviewer videos feature silver/gold Edges.

The Black S7 Edge looks sleek and professional, and whilst I think the clear-case will show that better, it will also contrast with white-light on the sides giving it a cheap 'bling' effect.

I suspect black will go with black best, but I can't find a single image of it to compare unfortunately! Can you help?

ALSO: Does anyone know if the Speck CandyShell cases block NFC charging before I go ahead and buy an NFC charger?

Thank you!
    03-29-2016 06:29 AM
    I have the Edge (silver) and I picked up the clear Case by Speck.. I believe this is the best case for the Edge due to the fact that you get great protection on the borders and on the bevel edges. This case is a tight fit and you need patients to apply. A tight fit!. A Stunning and Beautiful case! I believe your phone will look great in this case!.

Posted via the Android Central App
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    03-29-2016 09:19 AM
    I can confirm that wireless charging is working with my S7 edge using a Candyshell *GRIP* case. I would presume the non-grip would work as well.

Also, here is an image of the black case from Speck's site: https://sits-pod27.demandware.net/dw...01.jpg?sw=1500
    03-30-2016 06:24 AM
    Black it is then, that looks great. Thanks!
    03-30-2016 07:45 AM
    I have the clear on my silver edge. Looks great.

03-31-2016 01:24 PM
    These are superb cases if you don't mind the reasonable amount of bulk.

03-31-2016 06:15 PM
    Just got the grip the other day and the NFC & wireless charging works fine. Got the white Zebra as the black was a scratch & fingerprint magnet.
    The grip for the edge is a fantastic case but the colors suck.
    The buttons on the Candyshell clear were super hard to press and the case was very hard to take on & off.

I say that the clear would look best on a black edge but what do I know.
    03-31-2016 06:41 PM
    I got both... just in case the case does turn color

04-05-2016 03:13 PM
    I got the clear CandyShell for my S7 Edge. I also had a clear coat put on the phone. But now I can not get my phone to fit this tight CandyShell case. Any suggestions?
    06-21-2016 02:12 PM
    Hi all,

I've got a Black S7 Edge and am very tempted to get a Speck CandyShell non-grip case, despite the cost as I've seen good reviews about it (no drop/smash tests though...), and whilst I want to protect my phone I don't want to cover up its appearance too much. The Speck CandyShell non-grip cases seem like the best compromise so far.

I don't know what looked better though; their Clear case or the Black-clear case as all the reviewer videos feature silver/gold Edges.

The Black S7 Edge looks sleek and professional, and whilst I think the clear-case will show that better, it will also contrast with white-light on the sides giving it a cheap 'bling' effect.

I suspect black will go with black best, but I can't find a single image of it to compare unfortunately! Can you help?

ALSO: Does anyone know if the Speck CandyShell cases block NFC charging before I go ahead and buy an NFC charger?

Thank you!
    I had one and my phone still got shattered pretty easily just FYI.

06-25-2016 08:46 PM