Samsung S7 Edge LED Case not working properly!

A

AC Question

I have recently purchased 2 x S7 Edge LED Case for both of my S7 Edge. However, for one of the S7 Edge, I am having issues with the LED case and I was wondering if you guys can share your thoughts or share your expertise.
For one of the S7 Edge LED Case, the LED function works time to time. When the case is closed, LED lights up to show the time but it doesn't work continuously. (It seems like it's losing connection) When the phone is plugged into the charger, the LED case starts to light up but it cuts off half way when it's trying to show the battery symbol and nothing after. (Again, it seems like it's losing connection to the phone)
I have tried changing the case to a different phone thinking it might be the LED case but when I have attached the case to a different S7 Edge, the LED case works perfectly fine.
Could this issue be a faulty NFC issue? or could it be something else?
Let me know what your thoughts are!
Thanks!

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I too am having some issues. Is it supposed to show the earphone icon when I'm listening to music like it did on the note 4? Because I've yet to see that happen on this one. I hate to keep comparing but on the note 4 led flip cover I'd also get an ongoing notification of activity on my phone that would continue flickering until I opened the cover. I noticed this one doesn't have it either.

Posted via the Android Central App

AtefEzz

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I have recently purchased 2 x S7 Edge LED Case for both of my S7 Edge. However, for one of the S7 Edge, I am having issues with the LED case and I was wondering if you guys can share your thoughts or share your expertise.
For one of the S7 Edge LED Case, the LED function works time to time. When the case is closed, LED lights up to show the time but it doesn't work continuously. (It seems like it's losing connection) When the phone is plugged into the charger, the LED case starts to light up but it cuts off half way when it's trying to show the battery symbol and nothing after. (Again, it seems like it's losing connection to the phone)
I have tried changing the case to a different phone thinking it might be the LED case but when I have attached the case to a different S7 Edge, the LED case works perfectly fine.
Could this issue be a faulty NFC issue? or could it be something else?
Let me know what your thoughts are!
Thanks!

AtefEzz

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem with my s7 edge...but i realised it was a problem of thickness..when i put a small thin peace of plastic or tissue on the back of my phone then put it in the cover ..it worked perfectly

mokorx

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Problem solve for me

I have been having issue with LED flip cover as well. Through searching internet someone has posted that the LED work fine when the flip cover is on metal surface. So I try put the led flip cover on my ipad front and back, it seems to fine on the front (screen side better). I assume that it need something to bounce or block signal on some particular area of the phone back side.

I end up using kitchen type aluminum foil approx. 0.5- 1" width and lenght equal to the width of my S7 edge place just below the camera between the glass back and flip cover. With this aluminum foil everything work perfect. Led always show when close the flip, swipe work when phone ring or alarm on everytime, press power switch always turn on led now.

Note that since I never use NFC, interference to these function is unknown. Wireless charging is fine.

Just happy that now my LED works everytime instead of sometime. Hope this help some of you who may encounter and have been annoying with this LED flip cover from Samsung.

image of Aluminum foil placement
w w w .mx7.com/i/ce7/yvSlHe.jpeg

Note: on link please take space out after each w.

MoKO

xyz xyz

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Hey people. I know what causes that issue when the screen doesn't response on case and you cannot answer your phone through case.
It's just a impurity of surface of a phone and case, I got Window cleaner and cloth, and wiped case, LCD, back of the phone, and everything started working as on the beginning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy