Hi, S7 Edge owners! I'm looking for a better idea of what my options are for a tough, rugged, case for my S7 Edge. I've heard these are more susceptible to screen cracking. It doesn't matter so much if the case is bulky, I just want something that will protect my phone from anything it goes through (water resistant is a bonus, but not essential).

What "rugged" case do you use for the S7 Edge?

Do you like it?

How come?

What's the best feature?

Thanks!

Drew
    04-14-2016 10:44 AM
    I just use an Otterbox Symmetry. I like that it's not bulky (I don't know how people deal with the Defender cases...) but keeps my fingers/palms off the edges. The buttons are a little tough to press but it's not that big of deal for me. It's a good case and it only cost me like 30 bucks at Verizon with my state-employee discount. It's also a little slippery so be careful setting it back down on something. Mine slid off something I set it on on my kitchen counter and fell face first on the floor, but survived with no damage.
    04-14-2016 11:19 AM
    Cool! I was looking at Otterbox options for the S7 Edge and saw the commuter, but didn't think it was beefy enough. Thanks for the info!
    04-14-2016 12:01 PM
    Cool! I was looking at Otterbox options for the S7 Edge and saw the commuter, but didn't think it was beefy enough. Thanks for the info!
    The commuter is a little beefier then the symmetry. Look at the Supcase beetle pro.
    04-14-2016 01:04 PM
    The commuter is a little beefier then the symmetry. Look at the Supcase beetle pro.
    Good to know about commuter vs symmetry. I was looking at the Supcase Unicorn Beetle because it also had a holster which I thought was cool (one of the few holster-preferred users out there...I know).
    04-14-2016 01:46 PM
    I have both the commuter and symmetry cases. I like the feel of the symmetry but believe the commuter offers overall better protection.
    04-14-2016 01:49 PM
    I just like the Symmetry because it's a single piece like the Speck cases (which is what I used on my S5) instead of 2 like the commuter, and the symmetry doesn't have the little port flaps like the commuter. Sure, dust might eventually work its way in but by the time that causes any issues I'll already be on my next phone...
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-14-2016 01:53 PM