Just received my Samsung wireless charging stand. It's great apart from the usb cable is far too short. I added a usb extension lead and it no longer fast charges. Is the usb different to normal ones?
    05-05-2016 12:11 PM
    Just received my Samsung wireless charging stand. It's great apart from the usb cable is far too short. I added a usb extension lead and it no longer fast charges. Is the usb different to normal ones?
    I don't believe so... I took one of my fast charge adapters to work and use it with just a regular microUSB cable I had and fast charging works. I'm not familiar with the cable that comes with the wireless charger. Is it a fixed cable or just a microUSB cable? My guess is that there being 2 cables is what's causing your issue with the connection between the two cable being the culprit.
    purpleparrotuk likes this.
    05-05-2016 01:42 PM
    I don't believe so... I took one of my fast charge adapters to work and use it with just a regular microUSB cable I had and fast charging works. I'm not familiar with the cable that comes with the wireless charger. Is it a fixed cable or just a microUSB cable?
    It's an exact replica of the lead and charger that came with the edge. I have a longer cable I can try. Not sure why the extender didn't work.
    05-05-2016 01:43 PM
    It's an exact replica of the lead and charger that came with the edge. I have a longer cable I can try. Not sure why the extender didn't work.
    I edited right before you replied. I'm betting it's just having two cables together causing issues. I'm not sure WHY but I just know I haven't had problems with my other USB I've been using. Unless there's something different about the wireless charger for some reason.

I think the USB I'm using is actually the one that came with my Moto RazrMaxx back before I got my S5 (so a 4 year old USB...). Definitely no fast charging going on when that one was made. lol.
    purpleparrotuk likes this.
    05-05-2016 01:46 PM
    I edited right before you replied. I'm betting it's just having two cables together causing issues. I'm not sure WHY but I just know I haven't had problems with my other USB I've been using. I think it's actually the one that came with my Moto RazrMaxx back before I got my S5 (so a 4 year old USB...). Definitely no fast charging going on when that one was made. lol.
    Cheers, will give my other cable a go tomorrow.
    05-05-2016 01:47 PM