What are the best brands of NFC tile stickers to use in places like the car and home to automagically turn settings on/off when you pass the phone over them?
    05-06-2016 02:23 AM
    What are the best brands of NFC tile stickers to use in places like the car and home to automagically turn settings on/off when you pass the phone over them?
    Here's a seller on Amazon with good reviews and a decent price: http://www.amazon.com/WhizTags-NTAG2...cUvbUpU5164006

I don't use NFC tags, but can definitely see where I probably should be using a few.
    05-06-2016 11:02 AM
    Thanks!

Yeah, I am starting to see why people use them to change settings and stuff. I like that the My Places Edge app can change my settings when it knows I am home via GPS, but it doesn't make sense if it doesn't also change settings when I leave home (like turn Wi-Fi off) except in whatever few known locations I might select (my office is at home, so I don't use the work location setting and so far don't have any other places set). So, an NFC tag in the car to turn things like Wi-Fi off would be handy. Could probably figure out some fairly useless, but fun, things to do with them, too.

ETA: I just read one of the reviews and someone uses one of the NFC tags to turn lights on in the room - what a great idea! I use a remote control light system in my office, but via a physical remote, not an app. It would be really nice if an app could control them so when I walk in the room, I can wave my phone in front of the tag to turn the lights on!
    05-07-2016 01:02 AM