1. Does putting a case on an S7 Edge prevent required access to the edge to control the phone?

A. I've never seen an S7E in person or handled one. Is the wraparound screen an aesthetic feature or is physical access to the extreme edge of the phone required? How does a case protect the edge of phone without blocking access to the control surface of the phone?

A.1. I have an S5 in an Otter case, and I have trouble getting my finger into the extreme left edge to edit when texting.

B. I have read there are a few apps that get controlled specifically from the edge of the phone, and this was touted as a particularly nice way to use them, and touted as one of the best features of the phone. Will a case interfere with these edge controlled apps?

B.1. I read that more apps controlled at the edges of the phone could be expected in the future.

2. Does a case interfere with the aesthetics of the edge wrap?

A. Reviews of S7 Edge cite the edge appearance as one of the best features in viewing photos and videos. Does a case negate the aesthetics of having the wrap around edge? Does it block the edges of photos and videos?

Thank you in advance for an input on these issues.
    05-25-2016 02:10 AM
    Samsung led case & spigen wallet case do not interfere with edge NOR with Zagg HD screen protector.
    Edge is aesthetic but also practical. It doesn't block a thing. Try one out b4 you buy.
    TomBrooklyn likes this.
    05-28-2016 03:14 AM
    1. S7 cases are specifically designed to allow access to the edges to access the Edge Panels. So no worries about that. You just have to get used to the case since some limit access more than others. I use the leather back cover/case by Samsung which gives perfect access. The closest third party case to the OEM case in terms of design that I've seen is the Spigen Thin Fit. Some people don't bother using the Edge features though.

2. As for aesthetics, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. But as I said, cases made for the S7 Edge do cater to the Edge features and generally leave the Edge free for access.
    05-29-2016 08:06 AM