How is the SUPCASE Full-body Rugged Holster, Unicorn Beetle PRO Series case for someone who wants extra strong protection for their Samsung S7 Edge (2016 Release)?

http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Full-b...cUvbUpU5202461

What is the 2016 release? How does one know what release their phone is?
    05-30-2016 03:04 PM
    How is the SUPCASE Full-body Rugged Holster, Unicorn Beetle PRO Series case for someone who wants extra strong protection for their Samsung S7 Edge (2016 Release)?

http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Full-b...cUvbUpU5202896

What is the 2016 release? How does one know what release their phone is?
    I would base it on the Amazon Ratings 4.5 out of 5 stars with 1,025 customer reviews is not too shabby
    Xsie likes this.
    05-30-2016 09:58 PM
    I have the Supcase Beetle (Premium?) and I love it. I've tried a bunch of different cases and it's my favorite so far. I use it with an ArmorSuit screen protector. I dropped it face down on the concrete yesterday and not a scratch.
    05-31-2016 08:35 AM
    The Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro is the closest thing you can get to an Otterbox Defender for the S7 Edge.

It's a well-built 2 layer case with a substantial lip to protect the screen when you lie the phone upside down on the table. It doesn't add much bulk to the phone and makes it easier to hold and use without inadvertently touching the sides.

I'm currently using it with the Zagg HD dry film screen protector. I read in another thread that someone is successfully using the new Zagg tempered glass protector with this case with no problems. I'm going to trade in my protector to try the glass one. With the combination of that protector and this case, I think it would be the best possible protection for this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App on the edge
    06-01-2016 01:00 PM
    I'm going to concur with @Dopaliscious and @louzer on the Unicorn Beetle Pro. I've been very happy with the protection. I had my own "drop test" on the bathroom tile the other day and no problems.

What I really appreciate about this case is the two-piece construction with a faceplate that snaps into the bottom piece; I don't have much faith in the single piece cases most people are selling for the edge. It feels solid once put togetherand has a much bigger lip to provide screen clearance than a lot of other cases (about 3 mm).

The one thing thing that's a little disappointing is its not playing well with the Bodyguardz HD screen protector I have on it. While the face plate completely covers (and anchors) the top of the screen protector, the bottom of the screen protector butts up against the inside of the lip and keeps getting pulled up under the menu button.

Also, the 2016 release just signifies the case is for the S7 Edge, not the S6 edge (which came out in 2015).
    06-01-2016 05:08 PM
    I highly recommend this case (and holster). It offers pretty darn good protection without making the phone seem like a brick. I do not use a screen protector, so I cannot comment on that.

Supcase Rugged Holster: Good Case?-case.jpg

Apologies for the crappy pic. Was taken with my previous Droid.
    06-01-2016 07:53 PM
    My only issue with the case and the Zagg HD Film protector is I get some folding up on the edge right where the holster game grips the side of the phone. I stopped using the holster except when I need to, and that has stopped.

06-01-2016 10:55 PM
    I was walking my dog and was taking a picture when my dog yanked the leash and my phone went flying up in the air, landed face down on the street then took two more bounces before it ended up upside down in the street. My heart stopped, but the Supcase did it's job! There was a distinct rubbery bounce sound when it hit. I just ordered a second one as a spare!

Serkle K likes this.
    06-17-2016 02:04 PM
    Does the holster have a stand built in?
    No
    10-12-2016 12:04 PM
    I have the Supcase Unicorn Beetle. I dropped my phone face down on the concrete without a screen protector not a scratch.
    10-12-2016 12:11 PM
    It's a great case!
    DEman19901 likes this.
    10-13-2016 07:29 AM
    Does this holster have the sleep magnet in it? I have it for the Note7, and the holster does not put the screen to sleep so the AOD is there. And because of the lip, there's a gap in the holster, so light shines through and the device never goes 100% dark, like if it were face down, or asleep.
    10-13-2016 12:48 PM
    Does this holster have the sleep magnet in it? I have it for the Note7, and the holster does not put the screen to sleep so the AOD is there. And because of the lip, there's a gap in the holster, so light shines through and the device never goes 100% dark, like if it were face down, or asleep.
    No magnet.
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-13-2016 04:58 PM