Otterbox to the Rescue; DEFENDER Cometh!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased the Otterbox Defender case for my S7 edge today and I must say, I'm surprised by the screen protector. It's not that crappy, flimsy plastic piece anymore. It almost feels like tempered glass and things don't get stuck in between the screen protector and the phone anymore. Otterbox has really stepped up its game on this one.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like people are liking this and my husband has had defenders in the past and is screen protector free right now so I may surprise him and buy him this. Amazon has some bad reviews but i know you said they took it off for a while and brought it back so maybe their is a newer updated model?

I just purchased the Otterbox Defender case for my S7 edge today and I must say, I'm surprised by the screen protector. It's not that crappy, flimsy plastic piece anymore. It almost feels like tempered glass and things don't get stuck in between the screen protector and the phone anymore. Otterbox has really stepped up its game on this one.

richxps

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Is this defender around the same thickness of the iPhone 6splus version ? Or is it thinner ? Trying to find something for mine if I don't get the note 7

Ajesq62

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Got my case 2 days ago and have to say it fits and works perfectly. As for the holster i think otterbox could have done better job..only my 2 cents worth...

Posted via the Android Central App

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Got my case 2 days ago and have to say it fits and works perfectly. As for the holster i think otterbox could have done better job..only my 2 cents worth...

Did you buy it from Amazon or from Otterbox directly? I'm wondering if Otterbox redesigned the protector, are they unloading old stock on Amazon?

Posted via the Android Central App on the edge

Ajesq62

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Got mine at my local verizon store with a 25% discount off the retail price..the screen fits great with no play or space between it and the phone..i am really loving the case for everyday work use..will see how long it lasts before it starts to stretch and lose its form...only time will tell

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I am still impressed with how this Defender is holding up and how good this screen protector is, I don't get dust underneath the screen protector like past models because it fits so tight

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Picked one up today for $30

Its protective, like others said it can be difficult to type on the edges. Edge screen is easy to swipe open. Probably going to be a pain to take out to use in my VR.

Edit to add: I hate it. Too hard to take off and the wireless charging is slow or stops, I look up what the charger flashing means and it said I was using an unsupported device.

We've got 2 s7 Edges here that work just fine on it without the Otterbox. Returning it is a huge possibility, maybe keeping it for certain occassions.

Last edited:

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I finally bought one again today. The first one i had was terrible.

This one is a lot better but its still harder to type.. keeping it though because i need the added protection.

Still missing my note7 btw!!!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I finally bought one again today. The first one i had was terrible.

This one is a lot better but its still harder to type.. keeping it though because i need the added protection.

Still missing my note7 btw!!!

Is the screen protector clear on this one too? I know with some batches it has a cloudy screen protector that is hazy. Mine is crystal clear luckily.

I miss the Note 7 too. My first one worked perfect battery wise, just had some lag but I'd put up with a little lag to have the N7 again! I'm pretty mad at having to give it up. The early S8 rumors sound like mainly just an improved camera. We might want to hold out for the Note 8 then.

Might want to try the Speck Candy Shell too. Doesn't have screen protector but is probably the next best thing for added protection for the Edge.

I wish Tech 21 would come out with the Evo Tactical XT like they did for the N7 and iPhone. If they do I'm all over that right away!

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Mine is clear, everything is great but the typing is harder which is getting more and more annoying lol.

I have the candyshell case and love it, just wanted more protection and have always liked otterbox.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Mine is clear, everything is great but the typing is harder which is getting more and more annoying lol.

I have the candyshell case and love it, just wanted more protection and have always liked otterbox.

Typing sucks on the Defender, but you get used to it after awhile and I like this tight fitting protector compared to the usual Defenders with the thin screen protectors that get dirt under them and have the air gap.

Did you order from Amazon? The S7 Edge Defender cases are very hard to find in stores and they always run out of stock. Heck my only local Best Buy has been out of S7 Edge cases for nearly a month now. Tmobile is a month backordered on the Edge now too.

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Typing sucks on the Defender, but you get used to it after awhile and I like this tight fitting protector compared to the usual Defenders with the thin screen protectors that get dirt under them and have the air gap.

Did you order from Amazon? The S7 Edge Defender cases are very hard to find in stores and they always run out of stock. Heck my only local Best Buy has been out of S7 Edge cases for nearly a month now. Tmobile is a month backordered on the Edge now too.

I bought mine at the verizon store, i actually just took it back off and put my candyshell speck back on because typing was so bad. Ill take it back to the store tomorrow.

I wish the commuter wasnt so slippery because i would use that.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I bought mine at the verizon store, i actually just took it back off and put my candyshell speck back on because typing was so bad. Ill take it back to the store tomorrow.

I wish the commuter wasnt so slippery because i would use that.

Speck is also really cheap on Amazon too. About 19 dollars.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca