Another "Case" thread

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Researching cases for the Edge. Last case I bought was a Speck. Simple and STRONG. I've had bad luck with Incipio cracking (twice).
Anyone with a case that they just love?
Also... Any news or suggestions for a glass curved screen protector?

Thanks,
SP

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Since i have to have a phone case w good grip i have stuck w the speck candyshell.

I want to try a uag case but havent seen one in a store yet to try before i buy.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Since i have to have a phone case w good grip i have stuck w the speck candyshell.

I want to try a uag case but havent seen one in a store yet to try before i buy.

UAG for the Edge just doesn't look very protective. I would stick with the Speck Candyshell Grip or the Defender. Not a lot of good Defender style cases for the S7 Edge, especially sold in stores.

Yet iPhone has a million different durable cases sold in the stores.

I'm currently using the Defender for it. Screen protector is clear and fits tight to the screen unlike most otterboxes. However some units have screen protectors that are fuzzy and not clear, guess I was a lucky one.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Ya, I've been doing a lot of research (again) and I just don't think you can beat Speck candy shell. Just wish there were more color choices.

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Here are the ones I have tried on my Edge or my sons.

Incipio Dual Pro - I really liked this on my Lumia phone but the inner liner for the Note 7 or the S7 Edge are made out of a new much harder plastic than the silicone ones they used to use. Also the lips on the ends protecting the screen seem to less than 1mm tall so not sure I would trust it in a face down drop. This was the best looking semi-protective case I have tried on the edge.

Ballistic Urbanite - I love Ballistic cases and had a Tough Jacket for my Note 7 that was great. Unfortunately that case isn't available for the Edge. The Urbanite is a thin case with decent bumpers on the corners that stick up enough it should provide some protection in a drop, though they are a relatively hard material. Protection on the sides is pretty minimal at least in the middle of the phone. Side corner protection seems slightly better than the middle. Buttons are OK, though really skinny. Good looking case and I use this most often, though I wish it was more protective.

Otterbox commuter. - I have this on my sons edge. Very snug fit. Good lip around the ends to protect from a face down drop. Inner liner is fairly soft so should provide some cushion in a drop. Hard outer layer is a bit slick. Button feel is not great but workable. Love em or hate em, it has port covers. I hate em. This is the most protective case I have tried on the edge but it isn't very good looking.

Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro - I wasn't impressed with this at all. The entire case seemed to be made out of only hard and harder plastic and didn't seem like it would provide much shock protection in a drop. It does fit snugly on the phone, but the top plastic piece that protects the top and bottom bezel had some pretty sharp edges on it and seemed to be really rubbing on the screen.

I briefly tried a Speck Candyshell Grip and liked the amount of protection it gave, but didn't like the looks.

Next I am going to try the Incipio Performance 3 or 4.

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro since I first got my Edge. I've used it with a Zagg HD dry and a Skinomi film screen protector. Both worked well with the case.

The case has endured a few drops that theoretically should have caused damage, but it provided good full body protection.

The only missing piece for me was a tempered glass screen protector. After watching many reviews, I bought the new GPEL 2nd generation Glass screen protector.

Because the Supcase 's front piece lays down over the top of the phone, after applying the back piece (which is a tight fit, and you have to slowly apply it), there is no lifting, lack of screen sensitivity, or 'rainbow' effect.

I finally feel like my Edge is very well protected and still looks great!

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I've tried many and I've found the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro to be the best. I've dropped my phone several times in it and it bounces so it's not just hard plastic, it protects the phone well

CheungJeb

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
I bought a lot of cases and I like most of them

Caseology : I love these cases, they are slim and easy to fit, lot of colors and designs to choose from, just to say I own 6 cases of this company and none of them have disappointed me, one thing is they are not screen protector friendly, I had a Zagg HD dry and the case keep pushing the edges, no matter which model of case, every case of caseology is not protector friendly

Speck: I only have the candyshell and is a very good case, but feels heavier and bulky after trying the other brands, it is screen protector friendly

Casemate: my wife uses this case because of all the spark and bling, it's super girly and feels very well made and screen protector friendly

Spigen: I have the armor one mostly because it looks good and is the most protective of all my cases

Carved : if you want a case that doesn't feel it's on your phone, you love wood and looks good I recommend this company

Est_XCIV

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I use the offering defender. Just popped the phone in and never worry about taking it out. Also I never have to worry about dropping it because it provides excelent protection