otterbox defender built in screen protector

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone ripped out the built in screen protector? If so how did you get the case to fit correctly again? Looking for ideas. The built in screen protector is to annoying to type on but I love the rest of what the case offers.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
On my Moto X I just popped it out, it's held in with a narrow bead of what appears to be rubber cement, and all was good. Try it and if you don't like it then just pop it back in.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I switched cases to the Supcase unicorn beetle pro for this reason, the screen protector started driving me crazy, got scratched easy and took away from the great screen. I saw on YouTube one guy took his screen protector off the defender and the case didn't fit right after.

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I dont know that you can on an edge phone.

When i took mine off on the first defender i had the phone was no longer snug and the buttons didnt press correctly since the phone was loose.

You might adding padding behind the phone but i doubt there is a good fix.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I switched cases to the Supcase unicorn beetle pro for this reason, the screen protector started driving me crazy, got scratched easy and took away from the great screen. I saw on YouTube one guy took his screen protector off the defender and the case didn't fit right after.

Haha well I tried it last night and ended up ordering the exact case you said before reading the post.

world saviour

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I popped my (Otterbox Defender) screen out and made sure to leave the glue and rubber or felt that was attached to the screen. That made it a solid fit with no compromise with the volume or power buttons. If you're slow and careful it will come right off.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I decided to switch back to my S7 edge from the V20 because I miss AMOLED but hate the built in screen protector on the Defender. Oh well, I only got a couple months to deal with it and will just order the S8 Edge or whatever they call the larger model. It is supposed to have a curve like the Note 7.

The built in screen protector on the Note 7 case I hear was just horrible but it had the design as most of the other Defender type cases so for that one I will just simply pop out the built in one and go naked.

Madjoe86

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
I use a defender series and have had no issues with the screen protector. Most of my friends haven't either. Idk what's going on with that. All my defenders I used in the past I always left the built in screen protector alone with no issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs