Unflash/unroot S7

A

AC Question

Hi

So I want to unroot/unflash my S7 edge after a "root gone wrong", or well, it didnt actually go wrong but I changed my mind and wanted to "unroot". I recided to use an app (i know that was probably the dumbest thing ever, idk) and pressed "Unroot". My device restarted but I'm still getting messages saying "Un--authorized changes has been made. Restart to undo" or something like that. I've restarted plenty of time and formatted a couple of times but there's something called "teamwin recovery project" that keeps on popping up when booting up.

First of all, I would like to get rid of it and second of all, it is preventing me from updating my firmware which means I'm running quite a old version (not an old android version, but an old "software/update" version with fixes, new features etc.

I cant even download netflix because my device doesnt "support" it.

help me please

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) is the custom recovery that you used to root the device. That should go away when you flash the stock firmware.

You should be able to use ODIN (Samsung's maintenance utility) to flash the stock firmware. You have to be very careful because it is also very easy to brick your phone if the process does not complete correctly. Understand how the process works, why it works as it does, and how to recover if things go wrong. You will also lose everything on your phone. So make sure that all of your photos, docs, music, etc are backed up. If the process works, your phone will be like it first came from the box with the latest Android 7.

The actual process for reflashing the firmware is just a matter of downloading ODIN and finding the right download package for your device. You can't mix and match here. Your phone won't work correctly with the incorrect firmware. This tutorial from one of the mods here is a good place to start.

[Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN with the New Interface

Good luck.