Multiple BlueTooth devices - Will this work ?

jmonintwo

Mar 18, 2021
Visit site
Will this work?

I ride a motorcycle and use a radar detector and helmet walkie talkie to talk with other riders.

Both the radar detector and walkie have 3.5mm headphone jacks.

Wondering if I can connect a bluetooth transmitter to both radar detector and walkie.

Then connect both devices to my S7.

Then connect some bluetooth earbuds to the S7.

The goal would be....I am completely wireless.

If the radar detector beeps, it goes thru the phone into the ear buds.

If someone speaks on the walkie, it goes thru the phone into the earbuds.

Does that make sense? Think it will work?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It makes sense, but sadly it won't work. While you can connect multiple devices to your phone, the BT audio profile can only be active for one device at a time (some newer Samsung devices allow you to split the audio, but to share it requires a second galaxy device). The best thing I can think would work, albeit a tad archaic, is an FM transmitter connected to the radar and walkie (but you wouldn't have two-way audio, just one way) and a receiver on the S7 (I believe the FM radio was removed from that model so doesn't have an internal tuner anymore).

Not sure if such a thing exists, but also a BT transmitter that you can hook up two 3.5mm inputs to and connect that to the phone, but again, not sure if that mixer exists.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So found out BT mixers ARE a thing, but they're not cheap (and from the looks of it, not entirely super portable for a motorcycle ride, unless you have everything you want to connect fixed and tucked away). But they exist!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance