I had hands on time with S7 Edge any questions?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Are we sure about the 5.7" screen? That could be a deal breaker for me. I've always thought my wife's Note 2 was too big. I was feeling that 5.5 was the perfect size. Not happy with 5.7.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Annoying about no IR blaster.

I work in EMS and being able to control the TV at all the ED's in town is so convenient. However I know that it's not as popular as it once was. Hell, all my friends that have the S5 and Note 4 didn't even know they had it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
S6 had it too. Thinking of picking up a s6 refurb. Nothing in new model appeals to me as much as loss of ir blaster. I have one in gear 2 but the software only allows 1 tv at a time and has very limited options. On Off volu and channel are about it.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
S6 had it too. Thinking of picking up a s6 refurb. Nothing in new model appeals to me as much as loss of ir blaster. I have one in gear 2 but the software only allows 1 tv at a time and has very limited options. On Off volu and channel are about it.

Can't you use bluetooth instead to control a tv if the tv has that feature?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No. I control random tvs in restaurants and bars i visit. They often don't mind if I ask. One place has a tv at every table but all different brands of tv. They don't have all the remotes. I also control an ac I lost the remote for and when wife has remote at home i use phone. Many many uses for ir blaster. I also use it at work to control several different presentation projectors.

bmanzella527

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
In that one hour you spent with it, does it feel like a worthy upgrade? Yes or no?

Posted via the Android Central App

The phone feels solid. It's definitely a upgrade. I think for me, the battery life is a significant difference. S7 edge will have note like battery.

Camera is best on the market.

Has a sd card slot.

Water resistance.

Better battery life.

More premium feel.

If those appeal to you it's a worthy upgrade

AlphaWlf6

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Neither of the S7 have usb c even tho it is a convenient. No single manufacturer actually takes advantage of the data to transfer speeds or the charging type c is known for. Plus makes it easier for gear Vr use.

The device is not 5.7 in it is 5.5in

Multi color led yes and IR no. Most tvs have smart apps now or apps for cable providers or game consoles.

AlphaWlf6

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Does have wireless charging. Both standards. Fingerprint scanner is a bit larger however alot faster. And the device is a little bit thicker but a lot less camera bump. And the curved back makes it feel better in hand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon