I had hands on time with S7 Edge any questions?

norbl

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Isn't this thing going to bog down after a while with only 32GB on internal storage? I was already to pre-order from Verizon until I heard 32GB was the limit in the US.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Isn't this thing going to bog down after a while with only 32GB on internal storage? I was already to pre-order from Verizon until I heard 32GB was the limit in the US.

Shouldn't be a problem. I've had almost every sammy phone with 32gb storage on board and never come close to maxing out the storage. I put all of my music, pics, etc on the sdcard.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone comment on the Always on Display? Coming from a Moto Droid Turbo, the active display is a must have feature for me.

Are you able to select a notification on the display to have it open directly to it on the S7?

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone comment on the Always on Display? Coming from a Moto Droid Turbo, the active display is a must have feature for me.

Are you able to select a notification on the display to have it open directly to it on the S7?

I don't think so from what I read. It is not the same as a lock screen.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so from what I read. It is not the same as a lock screen.

Neither is Moto Display though - it's independent of the lock screen. This feature is super nice for seeing who just texted you without turning on the phone, and it's saved thousands of power button presses for me haha. I just hope it's similar.

cdm283813

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Any 6+ or 6s+ users thinking of jumping over for an edge?

Will I'm the owner of a iPhone 6S (and Nexus 6) and while the phone just works I feel that the S7 Edge is just more cutting Edge. I have only 2 issues with the S7; they removed the IR blaster and software updates are not timely especially if you're on Verizon. But then when I look at the Nexus 6p I find it just ordinary. I really love the idea of having Gear VR and Samsung pay which the iPhone and Nexus does not have.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Unboxed demos are showing that the stock system uses 11.5 GB, with approx. 18GB Free
That doesn't sound quite right. S6 edge has around 23GB free out of the box with ~7.5GB used for system. I cannot fathom why S7 edge would be so different?

I'll be sure to ask about that today in my product training and get back to you guys on that.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Unboxed demos are showing that the stock system uses 11.5 GB, with approx. 18GB Free

Demo units can't be used for this info as they contains ALL the demo videos, pictures and apps that you won't find in a regular unit.

Available storage should be around the 24GB for most carriers.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I too got hands on with the devices today at product training, though it was quite brief unfortunately.

I only got to see the black versions but both look really nice. The S7 edge feels pretty much like a bigger S6 in the hand, so a noticeable improvement over the S6 edge. The S7 meanwhile, is even more comfortable as the rear is extra curved compared to the S7 edge. So in terms of in-hand comfort I'd rate them: S6 edge < S6 = S7 edge < S7.

As for battery life, I directly asked our Samsung trainer how much of an improvement in battery life the S7 edge will get vs the regular S7. His response was essentially to not expect miracles because the larger display will drain more power, so expect the edge to last an extra hour or two a day vs the regular S7.

Lastly, I had a nose in the settings to check the free storage. It was 7.27GB taken up by the system partition, leaving 24.14GB available. He had downloaded a couple of apps and photos etc. onto the phone so ~25GB is a reasonable amount to expect out of the box.

I'm still undecided but I think I'm now more inclined to the regular S7 after having the hands-on with both phones and speaking to the Samsung guy about the battery life.

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I too got hands on with the devices today at product training, though it was quite brief unfortunately.

I only got to see the black versions but both look really nice. The S7 edge feels pretty much like a bigger S6 in the hand, so a noticeable improvement over the S6 edge. The S7 meanwhile, is even more comfortable as the rear is extra curved compared to the S7 edge. So in terms of in-hand comfort I'd rate them: S6 edge < S6 = S7 edge < S7.

As for battery life, I directly asked our Samsung trainer how much of an improvement in battery life the S7 edge will get vs the regular S7. His response was essentially to not expect miracles because the larger display will drain more power, so expect the edge to last an extra hour or two a day vs the regular S7.

Lastly, I had a nose in the settings to check the free storage. It was 7.27GB taken up by the system partition, leaving 24.14GB available. He had downloaded a couple of apps and photos etc. onto the phone so ~25GB is a reasonable amount to expect out of the box.

I'm still undecided but I think I'm now more inclined to the regular S7 after having the hands-on with both phones and speaking to the Samsung guy about the battery life.

I got my hands on both today as well at Best Buy. I saw your other posts and I am more comfortable with a little larger phone than you are it seems but I do miss a little smaller phone.

I personally thought the S7 and S7 edge had about the same amount of curve just the S7 edge is thinner. I agree that the slight extra thickness made the S7 a little more comfortable but once you put a case on the S6 Edge, It will be basically as comfortable to me anyways.

The winning factors that got me to stick with S7 edge over S7 are:

Battery and the Edge features. I know a lot of people thinks it is a gimmick but simply the "people" and "tasks" edge seem like they will be pretty useful to me anyways.

dizzll

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

Thank You. Good to know the demos were short on storage. 25 should be plenty since it will just be apps for me...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37