08-13-2016 11:46 AM
3,541 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    the lack of any sort of official response from Verizon is galling to me. We should at least be emailed when something like this changes to explain the situation. **** poor
    03-02-2016 09:06 AM
    Man times are getting tough on Verizon. The struggle is real!!!
    I just would like a straight answer on if I will be getting the chance for my free VR or not. So far they have not been able to give me an answer at all and it seems that I may not at this time, but if it comes to the 11th and I don't have a device in the mail, you bet your *** i'm going to the store and showing them this and demanding a device.
    03-02-2016 09:07 AM
    I ordered mine full retail through the iconic portal. I do not see the 3/31 shipping date. For those who don't see a date, did you order through the iconic portal by chance?
    03-02-2016 09:14 AM
    Let me add a little to this for fun I guess. I too called Big Red today because my order no longer shows processing and it does not show a ship date. I ordered two S7 Edges. Lady said the items are scheduled to ship on 3-11. She said it no longer shows processing because the warehouse already has one in stock and has my name and address already reserved for the devices. I then said it is a shame that all the other major carriers have already shipped these and as usual Verizon is always last. She then told me that Verizon can't ship any early because the warehouse doesn't have any and they have not received there shipment of the phones. I told her that was really impossible since all the other carriers have them and Verizon is the largest and they have to have them in the warehouse. Believe it or not she then responded, "Well that is what I was told to say!" One would think that Pre-Orders would receive at least some consideration.
    03-02-2016 09:15 AM
    I caved and called Verizon. Oh mylanta. So according to the rep I spoke to, these devices from pre-orders are actually being shipped from Samsung, not Verizon. And the reason shipment dates are changing from 3/11 to 3/31 is because Samsung doesn't have the supply. So, riddle me this- what is the point of a pre-order? All other big carriers are shipping early, yet Verizon isn't and now I have to possibly wait an extra 20 days? She kept trying to tell me that all these other carriers shipping early, are shipping out potentially buggy devices and I was better off to wait for the later batch of phones.

Verizon. Sucks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    This is what I told everyone yesterday. The silver titanium S7 edges sold out and the orders come directly from Samsung. I canceled my silver titanium S7 edge order and preordered a different one instead.
    03-02-2016 09:19 AM
    When I have a real answer I think I'm calling quits on the damn silver titanium. I'll settle for a plain old black, or settle for a plain old 'nother carrier.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom
    03-02-2016 09:38 AM
    Just got off the phone with Verizon. They said this is not their fault and that it is Samsungs fault for lying to them. They told me if I wanted the phone on 3/11 to wait at a store to purchase it. My response was "I can just take my business elsewhere if Verizon would like to treat me like this."
    03-02-2016 09:39 AM
    I just would like a straight answer on if I will be getting the chance for my free VR or not. So far they have not been able to give me an answer at all and it seems that I may not at this time, but if it comes to the 11th and I don't have a device in the mail, you bet your *** i'm going to the store and showing them this and demanding a device.
    If you want the vr day one I would think Best Buy would be your best bet since they sell so many of them already.
    03-02-2016 09:44 AM
    If you want the vr day one I would think Best Buy would be your best bet since they sell so many of them already.
    I only pre-order because of the VR. I have no intention of purchasing it, unless Verizon will be giving me $150 for not getting the phone first day if that happens.
    03-02-2016 09:46 AM
    So I called Verizon against my better judgement and the lady said she has no idea why the ship date would show 3/31 because it still shows 3/11 on her end. She said she would send me an updated email, which I haven't gotten yet, but if it shows anything interesting I will share it if I do indeed get it. She also claimed she was checking her email for anything about any Samsung backorders while she was talking to me and told me she hadn't gotten any email like that at all.
    03-02-2016 09:49 AM
    Let me add a little to this for fun I guess. I too called Big Red today because my order no longer shows processing and it does not show a ship date. I ordered two S7 Edges. Lady said the items are scheduled to ship on 3-11. She said it no longer shows processing because the warehouse already has one in stock and has my name and address already reserved for the devices. I then said it is a shame that all the other major carriers have already shipped these and as usual Verizon is always last. She then told me that Verizon can't ship any early because the warehouse doesn't have any and they have not received there shipment of the phones. I told her that was really impossible since all the other carriers have them and Verizon is the largest and they have to have them in the warehouse. Believe it or not she then responded, "Well that is what I was told to say!" One would think that Pre-Orders would receive at least some consideration.
    So wait...your info disappeared because there's a phone in a warehouse with your name on it, but they can't ship early because they don't have any phones in the warehouse to ship...I feel like 1+1 is not adding up to 2 right now.
    03-02-2016 09:51 AM
    So wait...your info disappeared because there's a phone in a warehouse with your name on it, but they can't ship early because they don't have any phones in the warehouse to ship...I feel like 1+1 is not adding up to 2 right now.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    03-02-2016 09:59 AM
    And to add insult to injury? Sprint and ATT are shipping early. Talk about a smack in the face!

Sprint is saying they are shipping early on the order status page, really they're not, I haven't seen anyone with Sprint say they've actually gotten a tracking number that is live........
    03-02-2016 10:05 AM
    nah, you gotta have the setting turned on in iphone settings, and make sure your verizon rep added the feature....because there is a feature that has to pushed through on verizons end. (im an employee)
    03-02-2016 10:10 AM
    Yeah that whole conversation made no sense to me either and I tried to not laugh at her. It is not the end of the world but where I live in the middle of the desert in West Texas Verizon has the best phone service and I live about a block from the new Verizon data tower.
    03-02-2016 10:13 AM
    Lets just say that hopefully Joe the insider has good information for us today.
    PsychDoc and ClintRo like this.
    03-02-2016 10:14 AM
    Does anybody have any insight that if the phones do not actually ship until 3/31 does that make us still eligible for the watch? Or is it one of those first 500 people to claim are the only ones who get the watch?
    03-02-2016 10:15 AM
    This thread is the epitome of #FirstWorldProblems. It's a phone, you'll get it eventually. 2 weeks later over the course of 104 weeks ownership is minimal.

If the orders come directly from Samsung then they very well could have lied to Verizon. If the don't put limits on pre-orders then they'll get a massive amount of pre-orders. Some will cancel and throw a hissy-fit like a petulant child, but most will wait. So they end up still capturing more users than if they admitted limited stock. It doesn't hurt Samsung and only the carriers anyways.

I seriously can't imagine how some people deal with actual problems and adversity after seeing some of these responses. It's unfortunate, but this is really not a big deal at the end of the day.

As for the watches, I'm sure Samsung has a lot of Gear S2 that they need to offload after the disappointing sales. They're trying to make the best of it by giving people a free watch in the hopes they'll get attached and buy the next iteration.

SR45, jfoofoo, flintlock and 1 others like this.
    03-02-2016 10:37 AM
    This thread is the epitome of #FirstWorldProblems. It's a phone, you'll get it eventually. 2 weeks later over the course of 104 weeks ownership is minimal.

If the orders come directly from Samsung then they very well could have lied to Verizon. If the don't put limits on pre-orders then they'll get a massive amount of pre-orders. Some will cancel and throw a hissy-fit like a petulant child, but most will wait. So they end up still capturing more users than if they admitted limited stock. It doesn't hurt Samsung and only the carriers anyways.

I seriously can't imagine how some people deal with actual problems and adversity after seeing some of these responses. It's unfortunate, but this is really not a big deal at the end of the day.

Well thank you for coming in here and explaining this to all of us who spent over $850 on these devices, where some of us have been saving for weeks or months to buy one.
    03-02-2016 10:39 AM
    The bigger fact is I sold my Note 4 and am using a 5 year old Galaxy S3 that lasts half the day if I'm lucky, I sold my phone assuming I am waiting two weeks, not 5, so yes, it's highly annoying.
    03-02-2016 10:41 AM

As for the watches, I'm sure Samsung has a lot of Gear S2 that they need to offload after the disappointing sales. They're trying to make the best of it by giving people a free watch in the hopes they'll get attached and buy the next iteration.

I only pre-ordered online so I could get the free Gear S2 watch, which is limited to so many free unit. Upon ordering it told me I would receive it by 3/11 which should have given me the best chance to get one before stock ran out. If it really ships 3/31, I most likely may not get one. Yes this is a First World Problem, but I would have walked into the store to get one otherwise.
    03-02-2016 10:49 AM
    There is nothing wrong with expecting a corporation to delivered on the promises they made. They opened and asked for preorders and stated that they would be shipped by 3/11. While I agree this is "first world problems" and all that. Some of us work hard and expect companies that we deal with to meet their obligations. Obviously it is not important to you, but it is to us. It is just a phone.... if I thought that way my Note 5.... hell Note 4 would still be my phone.

Here is a screen shot from my email:

S7 Edge - Verizon preorders-verizon.jpg
    Colchicine likes this.
    03-02-2016 10:51 AM
    For me easy solution. If I don't have at least a shipping number by 3/11 I walk into the store, cancel my preorder and pick up a black or silver Edge.
    03-02-2016 10:51 AM
    Ordered a few minutes ago from Verizon and this is what I got for the Gold colored Edge

S7 Edge - Verizon preorders-screen-shot-2016-03-02-11.53.05-am.png
    03-02-2016 10:55 AM
    People believing Samsung lied to Verizon ... Lol

They are the biggest carrier (unfortunately) in the US and Samsung lied to them while shipping them to T-Mobile and other carriers? Sounds believable.

Probably they ran into issues modifying some firmware custom to Verizon which just loves modifying everything. Don't think Samsung has anything to do here and everything is controlled by Verizon. Anything screws up blame Samsung but for putting the Verizon stamp first in line. You are buying the phone from Verizon and not Samsung direct, so it's lame for Verizon to blame others instead of taking ownership.
    ktabel01 likes this.
    03-02-2016 10:55 AM
3,541 ... 910111213 ...