08-13-2016 11:46 AM
3,541 ... 108109110111112 ...
tools
    I like the Onyx.
    I love my black onyx S7 edge. I love the color. I'm glad I got that over silver.
    03-09-2016 07:31 PM
    I haven't had much time to play with the phone yet. I put all my music/photos/videos on my microSD card, got all my apps situated, and had to turn off my phone because I installed the Skinomi screen protector which takes about five hours to dry. I'll be able to play around with my phone around midnight.
    Your patience knows no bounds. Mine is still in the plastic and coming to work with me so I can frolic...and not be separated from AC lol

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom
    Tj Holtgard likes this.
    03-09-2016 07:35 PM
    Your patience knows no bounds. Mine is still in the plastic and coming to work with me so I can frolic...and not be separated from AC lol

My patience was satiated when my phone arrived today. I did play around with it for a couple of hours, getting everything loaded and all of my accounts setup. I'm okay now.
    03-09-2016 07:41 PM
    The ladies at Verizon told me if I wanted to exchange mine for silver I could, but gold looks awesome. Sorta happy it happened that way
    Did they actually have the silver in stock for an exchange?
    03-09-2016 07:44 PM
    My patience was satiated when my phone arrived today. I did play around with it for a couple of hours, getting everything loaded and all of my accounts setup. I'm okay now.
    I'm not used to Samsung anymore so it's a new learning curve again. It kind of stressed me out.

I'm really liking how the silver captures all the light and changes the color. Like I mentioned earlier, in my house at sunset it looked like a copper penny then outside it looked like slick chrome. I don't want to cover it.

anon(5630457) likes this.
    03-09-2016 07:49 PM
    All my silver lovers, was the color what you expected?

Yes!
    03-09-2016 07:59 PM
    03-09-2016 08:04 PM
    I got my phone today but it won't activate. I tried VZW website and customer service. They don't know what's going on. I guess I'll go to a store tomorrow.

Did anyone have that stupid QR sticker at the bottom that refused to come off and left adhesive on the back that won't come off with friction or water? It just smudges all over the back. I'd assume glass cleaner would work?

Not having a good time with this right now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-09-2016 08:05 PM
    Did anyone have that stupid QR sticker at the bottom that refused to come off and left adhesive on the back that won't come off with friction or water? It just smudges all over the back. I'd assume glass cleaner would work?
    Yeah. I had that stupid sticker. I peeled it off and it left glue residue on the phone. I put a little water on a rag and used a little force and wiped it away.
    Bmcq626 likes this.
    03-09-2016 08:09 PM
    I picked my Onyx S7 edge up from UPS this evening and it is freaking amazing. I'm coming from an LG Volt so you can imagine!!
    03-09-2016 08:22 PM
    I haven't had much time to play with the phone yet. I put all my music/photos/videos on my microSD card, got all my apps situated, and had to turn off my phone because I installed the Skinomi screen protector which takes about five hours to dry. I'll be able to play around with my phone around midnight.
    I've never had any issues just using the phone without letting the protector dry. I think they say that because they don't want you frying anything if the solution gets in there. But dude... IP68.

Ah the true sign of an addiction. I love it.

I got my phone today but it won't activate. I tried VZW website and customer service. They don't know what's going on. I guess I'll go to a store tomorrow.

I've had that happen when I get bad reception. Stupid sticker took a good 5 minutes of scrubbing to get off completely.

On a very sad note.... seems you can't encrypt your SD card if you want to move apps on it. My phones been decrypting roughly 50GB of crap for the past 30 minutes. Still going...
    03-09-2016 08:27 PM
    I've never had any issues just using the phone without letting the protector dry. I think they say that because they don't want you frying anything if the solution gets in there. But dude... IP68.
    Touché.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    03-09-2016 08:29 PM
    I'm excited. Mine should be ready to be picked up tomorrow morning.
    JHStewart1023 and cbugzeee like this.
    03-09-2016 08:34 PM
    Anyone else getting the apps on SD card not working when the card is encrypted? So frustrating...
    03-09-2016 08:37 PM
    Did they actually have the silver in stock for an exchange?
    They said store level should have them yes
    03-09-2016 08:37 PM

I had the same issue. What was funny was the screen said "Follow the instructions that came with your new phone". The instructions that came with the new phone said "Follow the on-screen prompts on your new phone". Ended up doing a chat on line with a Verizon rep. He had me turn off the phone, remove, then reinstall the SIM card, then turn on the phone. Activated without a hitch.
    cbugzeee likes this.
    03-09-2016 08:39 PM
    did anyones shipment from memphis say ground instead of 2day and info not avail?
    03-09-2016 08:43 PM
    I got the same one. I ordered if from Amazon the 26th, and they shipped it out. Then I was shipped another one and got an email from the company about the quality of the first one, they weren't please with so I ended up with 2 screen protectors.

Anyone else getting the apps on SD card not working when the card is encrypted? So frustrating...
    I completely understand
    I completely understand
    No, no you don't. This is a serious matter! I'm having my scientist move things around because of how upset I am! And by things, YOU know what I mean!
    cbugzeee likes this.
    03-09-2016 08:45 PM
    Verizon store has my pre-ordered 3-1 black edge. But they refuse to give it to me until the 11th. The guy would not budge. He already admitted that they had my phone, and I know they have it because I was following shipment tracking . Anyone else having this issue?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-09-2016 08:48 PM
    Verizon store has my pre-ordered 3-1 black edge. But they refuse to give it to me until the 11th. The guy would not budge. He already admitted that they had my phone, and I know they have it because I was following shipment tracking . Anyone else having this issue?

Posted via Android Central App
    Call CS and have them call or email that store to release your phone. Robocop should not be holding your phone hostage. The pre-orders were shipped out and phones were received. There's no reason why you can't have yours because you sent it to a store.
    03-09-2016 08:51 PM
    Wow even best buy is handing out their phones now, Verizon is being stingy this release.
    03-09-2016 08:53 PM
    A drop of Isopropyl alcohol on a microfiber cloth will take the sticky off no problem. (Sorry if someone already mentioned this)

I got my Onyx black non edge Verizon GS7 today. As for apps already on my GS5 when doing the cable transfer, they seem to work fine. I had to delete some to install the transfer app on my GS5. Im having issues installing the missing apps. Actually the play store is pretty useless at this point. Error 495. Ive cleared cache and data only to get another error completely breaking the store. (forget the error but its white screen with bold code) I removed and added my account to get the same error. Restarted to get back to square one. Error 495. Anyone else with this problem? Im sorry if this has been answered already. Ive searched Google and this forum.
    jrhall621 likes this.
    03-09-2016 08:54 PM
    No, no you don't. This is a serious matter! I'm having my scientist move things around because of how upset I am! And by things, YOU know what I mean!
    I completely understand.
    cbugzeee likes this.
    03-09-2016 08:58 PM
3,541 ... 108109110111112 ...