08-13-2016 11:46 AM
3,541 ... 117118119120121 ...
tools
    Mine said Gear S2, but there was an issue with the computer reading my location code. So I sent another picture and it was changed to a Gear VR. I submitted a ticket to rectify the issue but they said they don't know what happened.

Looks like I'm going to return the S7 Edge. Not a big enough change from my Note to justify the change without the promo. I would've just done Xfinity $200 gift card

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-10-2016 11:52 AM
    I'll know when I get mine atleast I got one out of two. My husband will be pleased that he got his s2

03-10-2016 11:54 AM
    I submitted a ticket with them to see if I get a different response than I did over the phone. Not getting my hopes up. Where is KimJongOMG when you need someone that doesn't mind sending threats
    03-10-2016 12:09 PM
    It sure sounds like they may have run out. Anyone that submitted today get the same response about Gear VR instead of Gear S2?
    I submitted around 11:30am central time and my email says gear 2.
    03-10-2016 12:16 PM
    It's bs if we don't get our watches

03-10-2016 12:17 PM
    The poor CSRs are so misinformed. I called to make sure I'm authorized since my husband is on duty and won't be able to go in the store with me to get the phone... Had him double check that my phone isn't set to ship today or tomorrow yet so I can cancel my pre-order if they have the silver in store in the am.... He told me my phone isn't set to ship yet because if one item on the order isn't in stock, they'll hold the whole order until it's in. According to him, my phone isn't shipping because they don't have any of the free S2s in stock, when they have the watches for the offer in stock, my phone and case will ship with it.

Great inter-departmental communication there at Verizon.

03-10-2016 12:28 PM
    I submitted mine yesterday and got the gear s2 email.

03-10-2016 12:32 PM
    The poor CSRs are so misinformed. I called to make sure I'm authorized since my husband is on duty and won't be able to go in the store with me to get the phone... Had him double check that my phone isn't set to ship today or tomorrow yet so I can cancel my pre-order if they have the silver in store in the am.... He told me my phone isn't set to ship yet because if one item on the order isn't in stock, they'll hold the whole order until it's in. According to him, my phone isn't shipping because they don't have any of the free S2s in stock, when they have the watches for the offer in stock, my phone and case will ship with it.

Great inter-departmental communication there at Verizon.

that might be the winner of the worst answer yet contest
    03-10-2016 12:33 PM
    I just got my new shiny toy about 30 minutes ago! I submitted my claim for the Gear S2 right away and my confirmation email says "Thanks, we've received your Offer claim for the Verizon Offer for your free Samsung Gear S2!"
    LanceAllan likes this.
    I submitted an Gear S2 offer with a Best Buy receipt.
    I'm sure it will be rejected but time will tell.
    LanceAllan likes this.
    You preorder to get a phone on release day to increase that chance you have one and they don't get sold out. Big V never promised you would get it early. It sucks other have their toys to play with early and we are still waiting, but thus is life.
    But the thing is sure, you're making sure one is available but that doesn't change the fact that they're on sale in store days before you get your device. Not fair or cool at all. I'll never preorder again for any phone. My previous soon to be replaced devices are in perfect working order so I can take my chances in store. Just my Opinion...........................
    LanceAllan likes this.
    03-10-2016 12:36 PM
    I was told they don't have any Gear S2 in stock because they don't sell it. But they'll start selling it after 3/31, which is coincidentally when the Gear S2 expires. My guess is they artifically froze the Gear S2 sales so that people can't complain about getting screwed and have reps give them a replacement. It's very unethical and leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I'm being lied to. You can't lie to a liar (lawyer joke).

This was the business customer service too, which is typically very good. They also seemed clueless. It's frustrating when I pay over $1,000 month for my business plan and know more than their own employees.

Debating returning the phone. Unfortunately there's not much else to choose from. My Note 4 is too big for my suits and I want a smaller phone, but there's not much that can compete with the S7E specs. I think I just want to return it out of spite at this point. I guess I'll give it a few more days.

03-10-2016 12:39 PM
    that might be the winner of the worst answer yet contest
    Thank goodness for this forum and the common sense to actually read the terms... Or they would have had an angry ginger when I didn't get my watch.

03-10-2016 12:40 PM
    I was told they don't have any Gear S2 in stock because they don't sell it. But they'll start selling it after 3/31, which is coincidentally when the Gear S2 expires. My guess is they artifically froze the Gear S2 sales so that people can't complain about getting screwed and have reps give them a replacement. It's very unethical and leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I'm being lied to. You can't lie to a liar (lawyer joke).

This was the business customer service too, which is typically very good. They also seemed clueless. It's frustrating when I pay over $1,000 month for my business plan and know more than their own employees.

Debating returning the phone. Unfortunately there's not much else to choose from. My Note 4 is too big for my suits and I want a smaller phone, but there's not much that can compete with the S7E specs. I think I just want to return it out of spite at this point. I guess I'll give it a few more days.

verizon has plenty of s2's - they don't start selling the s2 classic until the 31st, this is another instance of csr's not having a clue what is going on....

but then this is a samsung promotion for the free s2's not verizon
    03-10-2016 12:44 PM
    Yeah I submitted a claim last night and it specifically said gear S2 in my email. Another phone coming in today. I hope I can still get another gear s2. I guess we'll see.
    03-10-2016 12:45 PM
    Yea im pretty irritated at the matter. I specifically made sure I selected S2 on both submissions. I made extra sure I selected it on the second one after seeing the first confirmation email.
    sumner929 likes this.
    03-10-2016 12:49 PM

I know you said before that they can do this (change rules/add limits mid promotion), I wondered if you can elaborate more as to how it's OK (legally). Their site is still advertising the promo even now, and I feel like the wording is pretty clear on that site that "if you buy, you receive"

03-10-2016 12:52 PM
    Yea im pretty irritated at the matter. I specifically made sure I selected S2 on both submissions. I made extra sure I selected it on the second one after seeing the first confirmation email.
    Same here, I specifically remember making sure I checked gear S2 yet the email says gear VR. I also got one from best buy so I'm going to try again using that IMEI and MAc address with my verizon receipt. I doubt it'll work but a man can dream.
    Rygots likes this.
    03-10-2016 12:54 PM
    Same here, I specifically remember making sure I checked gear S2 yet the email says gear VR. I also got one from best buy so I'm going to try again using that IMEI and MAc address with my verizon receipt. I doubt it'll work but a man can dream.
    And we also know people after us are getting S2 confirmation emails.
    03-10-2016 12:57 PM
    Here's the route my silver S7 Edge took. Ordered Feb 23rd... it fell off the radar for awhile like some others.. finally updated a couple hours ago 2 having arrived locally now out for delivery. At home waiting for it to arrive ..
    LanceAllan likes this.
    03-10-2016 01:04 PM
    03-10-2016 01:04 PM
    This was my husband's yesterday

I got the same thing earlier today... right after I posted the pic of the box
    03-10-2016 01:06 PM
    Great day in the morning!!!.........still processing
    03-10-2016 01:16 PM
    Yeah, mine was just delivered, I get off at 5, so a few more hours. This thread was ridiculous, I can finally stop reading it : )
    03-10-2016 01:19 PM
    I feel your pain... at work for 3 more hours....
    Attached Thumbnails S7 Edge - Verizon preorders-screen-shot-2016-03-10-1.26.20-pm.png  
    03-10-2016 01:27 PM
3,541 ... 117118119120121 ...