08-13-2016 11:46 AM
3,541 ... 121122123124125 ...
tools
    Pretty Much... I am QUICK.... (that is what she said)... hahaha
    Only when it's completely setup will you completely understand.

Whats the consensus on the samsung wireless headphones... anybody own or used a pair...how are they?
    I have the Level U and On Pro headsets. Love the On when I'm flying and the Level U is great for phone conversations AND music. I had the LG Tones, much better in my opinion. The UHQ is a nice feature.

Claim confirmed s2 and I'm loving my edge!!!! Case and screen protector on!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Nice! Guess you're rocking the non Chrome?

Specks case is pretty awesome
    Spigen cases are pretty awesome as well.

Anyone just take a picture of the receipt that came in the box and submit it to Samsung? I mean couldn't find a receipt that had all the info they wanted to screen capture. Oh well, I got my phone and that's what counts. ::teeth grinding.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom
    I just circled my phone and price on the receipt that came in the box with my phone and scanned it.

Alright guys I need some advice.

My wife got her S7E activated last night, mine is coming tomorrow. The Verizon account is in my name therefore her order was under my name and appeared on all the paperwork. I submitted her offer for a Gear VR and when we got the confirmation email it had her name in the email, that's when I realized I put her name as the redeemer (I was thinking of her, brownie points!) rather than mine whose name is on the paperwork. Reading through the terms it states the name of the redeemer must match that of the name on the submitted paperwork. So I opened a ticket from the promotions website asking how I can just switch the name from hers to mine. This was their response...

Clearly based on the response I'm dealing with Peggy from Discover Card since they didn't even answer my questions. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm nervous to re-register since I already did with the MAC and IMEI once.
    Prizelogic has horrendous CS skills. I would keep badgering them until they can fix the situation. They're willing to deny a claim for the tiniest thing.
    03-10-2016 05:43 PM
    Anyone just take a picture of the receipt that came in the box and submit it to Samsung? I mean couldn't find a receipt that had all the info they wanted to screen capture. Oh well, I got my phone and that's what counts. ::teeth grinding.

I took a picture of the receipt that came in the mail, what else would you use? I think that is more than sufficient enough!
    03-10-2016 05:43 PM
    Has anyone pre-ordered any from the verizon store and have it shipped there? Were you able to pick up the phone?

03-10-2016 05:44 PM
    I can see this claim process being painful. Should have jumped Verizon ship years ago, but they just keep my stupid self coming back...on the other hand my new phone is settling in.

03-10-2016 05:45 PM
    So I thought I shot myself in the foot for registering again with a different email address so I called prizelogic and explained the situation. She said my first claim was approved at the first level which I'm assuming means the computer approved all my info provided. She couldn't tell me if I was approved for the watch or Gear VR. Side note, they are really not a pleasure to deal with. I digress though. Said my second claim is pending and if it's denied then they'll email me. I stated that it says in the rules 1 person can't use 2 different emails because it'll void all claims but she just told me she has no information about that and I'll have to wait. Real top notch cust. service there.

Anyone know if it's worth trying the samsung pay promo for the wireless charger?
    Kimj said they ended that promo because they were out of items. They weren't expecting the carriers shipping early and the influx of new s7 owners drained the supply

sumner929 likes this.
    03-10-2016 05:48 PM
    Oh, and I'll be going to Best buy after I get done adulting for the day to check out cases. Why are people still asking me why I don't have a case on my phone?

Is it because I sumo slammed it into the floor in the first 6 hours, front down like a piece of buttered bread?

03-10-2016 05:49 PM
    I finally heard from Prizelogic and Samsung, both said that the email of S2 vs VR means nothing. The submissions were just ran through computers and only to check the word "location code" are on the paper. The computers just spit them back with either device for Verizon. They then have to manually go through them one by one to verify them, which is why it will take 4-6 weeks. They have to go through the S2 claims by date as well, because they have several hundred thousand claims (according to the rep). Essentially, it's a complete crapshoot and Verizon repeatedly said it was Samsung's promotion and they have nothing to do with it at all.
    "They have to go through the S2 claims by date as well, because they have several hundred thousand claims (according to the rep)"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is really troublesome about this process and should be of concern is that I have already received 2 of 3 phones ordered..... I ordered a week after pre-orders started and have been able to register for 2 S2s while thousands of people who ordered week of Feb 23 still have not received item to be able to register and all the people that ordered the silver edge that is on backorder..........

the silver is the last one I ordered because I had a new Iphone on that account with 23 payments left...... after considering the promo and value of the S2 I decided to make a one-time payment of $640 to pay off the iphone and then ordered the silver edge only to find out shortly after the ship date was changed from 1858 to March 31.....

I checked the fine print of the S2 promo and printed it out and at that time there was nothing in it disclosing only 35,000 units available..... if this was disclosed I would have realized this promo is really more of a lottery and not wasted $640 paying off iphone I had 2 years to pay off to take advantage of what seemed like a good promotion for new edge......... enough of my angst .... I don't expect to qualify for promo for my backordered item but......

It seems incredibly unjust that people that ordered on Day 1 and still waiting for their phone to register will be at a major disadvantage to those that ordered 1 or 2 weeks later that already have their phone in hand............

.... after I activated my 2nd s7 edge I called VZW just to inquire about any status change for my silver edge since it says " order status is currently unavailable" on my mobile verizon app for the last 3 days.......

again I was told.. "Don't worry, Verizon will not start shipping phones until March 11th" (disregard the fact that I am speaking to him on a S7 edge) and after that I should call back to get a revised update on my backordered phone.... after that I knew it was useless to seek a reason my verizon app has been saying "order status unavailable" the last 3 days......

[I]People that pre-orderd their phones week of Feb 23 and still not received it should be furious when they get denial claim on the S2 [/I]... especially when VZW insists that no one is having their phones shipped yet or before March 11th......... The gold edge ship dates have been moved back to 3-15 on vzw website.........
    cbugzeee likes this.
    03-10-2016 06:03 PM
    I just called prize logic myself and I asked if all of the Gear S2's are taken (i mentioned the 35,000 and asked if all 35,000 were already claimed), and the person I was connected to told me "definitely not", and that many people are going for the gear VR instead and that anyone that registers before the 31st would have a good chance of getting a Gear S2. I also asked if my prize would be automatically switched to the Gear VR if all of the Gear S2's were claimed when I entered the promotion and she said that it would not, but that I could call and request a change and they would give me a gear VR instead if there was enough in the supply.
    03-10-2016 06:10 PM
    Some of the comments on the prizelogic Facebook page don't look promising. Lots of people still seem to be waiting for their tv's from December, or gift cards from October. Not to mention the fact that the last post from the page was from last year. There's already a few comments on that post from people in regard to this current promo.

03-10-2016 06:21 PM
    I noticed something interesting...I just received my silver S7 Edge today (which I'm loving) and signed up for the Gear S2 promotion as I already have a Gear VR. I connected my S7 Edge to my Gear VR and went through the process of installing all the Oculus apps, etc. After that was all done I opened the Oculus app and it gave me a free game bundle that included 6 paid games for free! I assume these are the same 6 games that will be included in the promo and I'm not sure how I got the free bundle when I didn't sign up for the Gear VR promo...
    03-10-2016 06:32 PM
    So I thought I shot myself in the foot for registering again with a different email address so I called prizelogic and explained the situation. She said my first claim was approved at the first level which I'm assuming means the computer approved all my info provided. She couldn't tell me if I was approved for the watch or Gear VR. Side note, they are really not a pleasure to deal with. I digress though. Said my second claim is pending and if it's denied then they'll email me. I stated that it says in the rules 1 person can't use 2 different emails because it'll void all claims but she just told me she has no information about that and I'll have to wait. Real top notch cust. service there.

Anyone know if it's worth trying the samsung pay promo for the wireless charger?
    I'm just going to wait til another promo they had sweet headphones a few weeks ago I read also they gave out $200 also

03-10-2016 06:40 PM
    I'm just going to wait til another promo they had sweet headphones a few weeks ago I read also they gave out $200 also

Woah. Really?? I think I'll wait a while too then. I was gonna set mine up as soon as it started working, but now...

03-10-2016 06:44 PM
    Hubby is kind of digging the edge. Maybe tomorrow he will switch to the edge that's coming. Now to get all my stuff where I want it! How I want it log in to everything. I have one flaw in my screen protector trying to decide if it's worth removing it or if I can just deal.

03-10-2016 06:45 PM
    Am I crazy for keeping both the iphone 6s plus and the s7 edge?
    03-10-2016 06:45 PM
    Nope. I kept my Nexus 6P and the S7E. Keeping the 6P is a first as I've always sold my previous phone once I get the new one. There's a lot of people on this site who shoot from the hip with two phones.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    03-10-2016 06:48 PM
    I sold my iPhone 6s Plus in literally five minutes after I posted it today on Swappa. But it was $50 less than the price of what everyone else was selling their's at.

I can be such a b&*(^ sometimes.
    03-10-2016 06:48 PM
    Yes. I have a iPhone 6s plus 128 gig I am selling and the swappa average selling price is $765. Of course, if you have any inclination that you may return the S7 then you may want to keep the iPhone.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    03-10-2016 06:50 PM
    Please do let me know if yours ends up showing up that way there might be hope for me.
    Mine had some delay on the tracking side but still showed up on time yesterday, seacoast NH area
    03-10-2016 06:53 PM
    I finally heard from Prizelogic and Samsung, both said that the email of S2 vs VR means nothing. The submissions were just ran through computers and only to check the word "location code" are on the paper. The computers just spit them back with either device for Verizon. They then have to manually go through them one by one to verify them, which is why it will take 4-6 weeks. They have to go through the S2 claims by date as well, because they have several hundred thousand claims (according to the rep). Essentially, it's a complete crapshoot and Verizon repeatedly said it was Samsung's promotion and they have nothing to do with it at all.
    Email of S2 vs VR means nothing? What does this statement mean?
    03-10-2016 07:02 PM

They gave out Level U Wireless Headphones in February, which go for about $35. The $200 promo was a credit towards a S6. They have a $50 gift card to bestbuy back in December.
    03-10-2016 07:03 PM
    Some people got an email back stating they requested a VR even though they chose S2. It doesn't matter which confirmation email you received from their computers. Actual people will review the claims. This was just a filtering program.
    03-10-2016 07:04 PM
    Yes. I have a iPhone 6s plus 128 gig I am selling and the swappa average selling price is $765. Of course, if you have any inclination that you may return the S7 then you may want to keep the iPhone.
    I'm swapping mine. I don't see the sense in keeping a phone when I love the one I have. I honestly forgot how great Android was and is. It's so customizable. Man this phone is awesome... If I had the Galaxy s7, I would take it back and get the s7 edge
    03-10-2016 07:06 PM
    Ok - That's what happened in my case .... selected the S2 (have screen shot) and got the email below.... Curious how many got this - last thing I want is a VR.

Thanks For Your Offer Claim!

Hello JimmyCrackCorn,
    Thanks, we've received your Offer claim for The Gear VR Offer!
    Once we've approved your Offer Claim Form, we’ll send you a confirmation email*.

Please allow approximately 4 - 6 weeks for review of your Offer Claim Submission.
    03-10-2016 07:12 PM
    I have both. One is my work phone though.

I sold my iPhone 6s Plus in literally five minutes after I posted it today on Swappa. But it was $50 less than the price of what everyone else was selling their's at.

I can be such a b&*(^ sometimes.
    Sometimes? SOMETIMES? Ahem...

I've had better luck getting more money for an Apple on eBay. Granted you deal with the stupid non paying bidders but oh baby the money for iPhones.
    03-10-2016 07:19 PM
    I just called prize logic myself and I asked if all of the Gear S2's are taken (i mentioned the 35,000 and asked if all 35,000 were already claimed), and the person I was connected to told me "definitely not", and that many people are going for the gear VR instead and that anyone that registers before the 31st would have a good chance of getting a Gear S2. I also asked if my prize would be automatically switched to the Gear VR if all of the Gear S2's were claimed when I entered the promotion and she said that it would not, but that I could call and request a change and they would give me a gear VR instead if there was enough in the supply.
    When I tried to get the gear s2, around 4 pm EST, I didn't have the choice to get it. Only the VR.

03-10-2016 07:20 PM
3,541 ... 121122123124125 ...