08-13-2016 11:46 AM
3,541 ... 137138139140141 ...
tools
    Preordered on 3/2 and no phone in site. Anyone receive their phone who order around the same time?
    03-14-2016 10:23 AM
    Question...
    My Google Now, it never tells me when its time to leave. Not that I necessarily need it to, but it would be fun, and it doesn't. All of my location and notification settings are turned on. It also never comes up to tell me where I last parked (again, not that I need it to but it seems odd that it doesn't anymore) but it used to do so. Lastly, when I try to go into my customization, it won't load, it says Google Now can't load my settings. When I go and reset the app cache, it will let me into my customization page once, but it won't accept any changes I make; like it has my work address wrong and when I try to change it it says it can't contact the server. It had been working fine originally, idk what changed or happened. I do know I accidentally disabled it, and it was only after I re-enabled it that it started this jazz so IDK if something is just twitchy now. I would just uninstall and reinstall, but you can't uninstall Google Now.

Any ideas? I've tried it on our WiFi and 4G, I've turned the phone completely off and back on, too.

The only other thing I've noticed is that when I go to download something from the play store, sometimes it just won't download, like it shows that the install button was "clicked", but nothing happens. Sometimes it will say items have downloaded, but they never install, and I have to go back and they download (again?) like they never did the first time. Then sometimes things will download and install and never come up to have me accept app permissions.

Does any of this make any sense? Should I just reset the phone or is there some other thing I'm missing?
    03-14-2016 10:25 AM
    Preordered on 3/2 and no phone in site. Anyone receive their phone who order around the same time?
    3/3 black delivered the 10th

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-14-2016 10:42 AM
    S7 Edge - Verizon preorders-screenshot_20160314-090851.jpg gotta love the battery life on my s7
    ClintRo, bsteppuhn and ashmouth like this.
    03-14-2016 11:13 AM
    Pre ordered 7 edge on 03/03 silver, still processing. estimated ship date is 03/31. Getting impatient.
    03-14-2016 02:43 PM
    Pre ordered the 6th. Silver s7 edge expected to be here the 31st. Verizon needs to push these out ASAP!
    03-14-2016 02:56 PM
    Verizon has plenty in store units..
    03-14-2016 03:51 PM
    Not any silver ones

03-14-2016 03:57 PM
    I cancelled my silver pre-order, ordered online for pickup @ store & got it the same day...
    03-14-2016 04:36 PM
    I cancelled my silver pre-order, ordered online for pickup @ store & got it the same day...
    Do you still get the promotional stuff though?
    03-14-2016 04:51 PM
    Do you still get the promotional stuff though?

Not to be a buzz kill, just a reality check. The samsung promo was for 300,00 vr devices, the other carriers had phones a week before big red and 35,000 s2's with verizon. The samsung promo page says while supplies last. If you are holding out for a silver and hoping to cash in on the promo, I am not positive that is going to happen. I think if you go to a BB you can get a phone (maybe not silver) and walk out with a vr and a 64gb sd card on the spot.
    03-14-2016 05:31 PM
    Not to be a buzz kill, just a reality check. The samsung promo was for 300,00 vr devices, the other carriers had phones a week before big red and 35,000 s2's with verizon. The samsung promo page says while supplies last. If you are holding out for a silver and hoping to cash in on the promo, I am not positive that is going to happen. I think if you go to a BB you can get a phone (maybe not silver) and walk out with a vr and a 64gb sd card on the spot.
    Per samsung, each carrier had their own stash of promo items. So one carrier launching before another doesn't matter. That being said, you are correct anyone who dosent have a phone from Verizon by now is likely to miss out. Though some people have heard from reps that prizelogic and samsung are working on a solution to the problem of phones shipping late.

03-14-2016 05:35 PM
    I just got my S7 Edge today! I can't wait to get home and set it up! I'm getting the Gear S2 for it from Verizon! Happy Easter to me!
    03-14-2016 05:37 PM
    When did you order it?

03-14-2016 06:13 PM
    I just got my S7 Edge today! I can't wait to get home and set it up! I'm getting the Gear S2 for it from Verizon! Happy Easter to me!
    When did you order it?

03-14-2016 06:16 PM
    Per samsung, each carrier had their own stash of promo items. So one carrier launching before another doesn't matter. That being said, you are correct anyone who dosent have a phone from Verizon by now is likely to miss out. Though some people have heard from reps that prizelogic and samsung are working on a solution to the problem of phones shipping late.

Yeah, a verizon CSR told me that anyone who did a preorder is guaranteed to get the promotion from samsung. I hope she didn't lie to me.
    puddlejumper32 likes this.
    03-14-2016 07:10 PM
    Yeah, a verizon CSR told me that anyone who did a preorder is guaranteed to get the promotion from samsung. I hope she didn't lie to me.
    Unfortunately the common belief is that csr responses are best taken with a grain of salt as everyone in this thread has been given different information regarding the promotion. If that was an online chat with a csr I hope you saved the conversation as you may need it

03-14-2016 07:33 PM
    I saved and printed out my chat when they guaranteed the promotion(watch) to me, so hopefully won't need it but it's there in case I need to use it!

Posted with my liquid metallic S7E
    puddlejumper32 likes this.
    03-14-2016 08:27 PM
    Hey, I'm new here but I just wanted to tell you my experience if it might help. I did not pre-order but I did order the silver edge on 3/11 and it said it was backordered until 3/31 like most other people so I sent an email to Samsung promotion support team and this was their response:

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. The Samsung Gear VR Offer is a limited-time Offer and is only available until March 31st, or while supplies last-- whichever comes first. In order to participate, you must complete your registration and submit your device information to samsung promotions prior to the end of the submission period.

We understand that your device may be on back order, and that you are unable to complete your registration until you receive your device as you must enter your IMEI and WiFi MAC address so that we can verify that you have purchased a device that is eligible for this Offer. If you have not already done so, we recommend that you visit samsung promotion page and enter all registration information that you are able to at this time. Although this will not guarantee that a Gear VR will be reserved in your name, it will simplify the process of completing your submission if you receive your device prior to the end of the submission period. We also strongly recommend that you re-check the shipment status of your order, and that you attempt to complete your registration as soon as you receive your device. Because this Offer is time-limited, we will not be able to process your submission or provide a rebate in the event that you are unable to complete your registration before the submission period ends.

For more information about this Offer, please review the Official Terms and Conditions here: These Terms and Conditions that you agree to by participating in this Offer are legally binding, and we cannot make any exceptions to them.

I actually ended up cancelling my order and just went to a verizon store and ended up liking the gold color better so i walked out of there with that instead . Of course in-store they are not offering the s2 for free( only $100 off at my store). Like i said, i did not pre-order so maybe its different but it seems like according to the samsung promotion CS is only good until 3/31, period. Hopefully you still get what you wanted though!!

**I had to edit out the links
    03-14-2016 08:37 PM
    I hope that's true. I pre-ordered the my phone the morning of the 23rd
    03-14-2016 11:13 PM
    My battery life is insane.
    Attached Thumbnails S7 Edge - Verizon preorders-1458015824333.jpg   S7 Edge - Verizon preorders-1458015833442.jpg  
    03-14-2016 11:23 PM
    Anyone get confirmation on their Gear S2 yet?

03-15-2016 06:59 AM
    Anyone get confirmation on their Gear S2 yet?

Still under review for me, they said 4-6 weeks for processing so i'm figuring it'll be at least another week before anyone hears anything....although i wouldn't be mad if i was wrong haha
    03-15-2016 08:01 AM
    There was something in the fine print that updates will start after 10 business days on the promo.... not sure what that means since it also states 4-6 weeks for claim process and then another 4-6 weeks to ship..... lol
    ashmouth likes this.
    03-15-2016 09:06 AM
    Still waiting on my Silver S7E as well. Ordered 3/2. Has anyone in the "second wave" (last week of February) received theirs or at least had updated shipping dates? I'm curious if the dates will even change or if 3/31 is just a default and then it shows up in the mail.
    03-15-2016 01:38 PM
3,541 ... 137138139140141 ...