08-13-2016 11:46 AM
3,541 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Mine are back too except for the weird 1858 date. I'm personally in favor of the 1858 delivery.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom
    03-02-2016 04:24 PM
    Had an order placed the 29th but had to change my card and wait till today to activate so i called yesterday and the guy told me to cancel my order and place it tomorrow and that everything should work out fine. Just my luck that I ordered today and now it's not going to come until 4 weeks from now and I'm going to miss the window for the free watch.
    I've been battling with Verizon. I pre ordered over the phone on the 23rd. Cancelled it to order online. For almost a week they never cancelled it. Until today so I hope I don't get pushed back.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-02-2016 04:36 PM
    I've been battling with Verizon. I pre ordered over the phone on the 23rd. Cancelled it to order online. For almost a week they never cancelled it. Until today so I hope I don't get pushed back.

when you ordered today, when did they say it would ship?

I'm pre-ordering on Friday after a fight with verizon the past few weeks about discounts... but if its not going to get here till the end of march, I won't pre-order and just walk into a store on the 11th...
    03-02-2016 04:39 PM
    Well my expected ship changed back to 3/11 from 3/31

03-02-2016 05:06 PM
    Sorry for causing the whole stir about the 31st ship date but mine is officially back to 3-11-16.
    You created a predictable social experiment which proves why lemmings follow each other over cliffs.
    kstout2013 and D-Recka23 like this.
    03-02-2016 05:55 PM
    I don't know what carrier you're on and I don't know what plans they offer, but the cost of the phone is worked into your monthly bill for the duration of your contract whether you know it or not. They are not giving you an $800 phone for $299 plus tax even though that's what most people think.

On Verizon, for example, if you decide to go the the subsidized 2-year contract route, your monthly bill is more expensive than if you are out of contract (when you're contract runs out and you don't use an "upgrade").
    It doesn't change your monthly payment to get the $400 phone through Best Buy. The "catch" is that you are stuck on a 2-year contact and you have to pay the money up front. Lots of us have done it and we aren't incompetent or getting scammed.

As an added bonus, if you're a Best Buy rewards customer, you get a nice chunk of points for buying your phone through the store.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-02-2016 06:00 PM
    It absolutely changes your payment if you new to Verizon. 20/month per line if you're on the device payment plan vs 40/line if you aren't.
    03-02-2016 06:03 PM
    when you ordered today, when did they say it would ship?

I'm pre-ordering on Friday after a fight with verizon the past few weeks about discounts... but if its not going to get here till the end of march, I won't pre-order and just walk into a store on the 11th...
    So after waiting the 24 hours again. I still can't do it. I talked to CS and they stated that no one manually cancelled the order. but it wasn't at the point where I could cancel the cancel. I just want my dang phone. If I wasn't sitting with a junked out one right now I would be fine with whenever. She did state that I should still get the s2's and it should be delivered on time. I'm still debating on switching colors now from silver to gold considering everyone's issues. So now I need to wait another 24 hours. If and when I can do it online if it states the deliver will be later I'll just wait til its in store.
    FCSC likes this.
    03-02-2016 06:07 PM
    It doesn't change your monthly payment to get the $400 phone through Best Buy. The "catch" is that you are stuck on a 2-year contact and you have to pay the money up front. Lots of us have done it and we aren't incompetent or getting scammed.

As an added bonus, if you're a Best Buy rewards customer, you get a nice chunk of points for buying your phone through the store.

In addition to that, i've been out of contract for a year and a half, Verizon didn't discount my plan once the contract was up.
    03-02-2016 06:08 PM
    You created a predictable social experiment which proves why lemmings follow each other over cliffs.
    S7 Edge - Verizon preorders-download.jpg

Sorry I couldn't help myself.
    xocomaox and Colchicine like this.
    03-02-2016 06:08 PM
    Looks like some Verizon employee or some insider is selling S7 early ... Yeah at least we know Verizon S7 exists

new Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE 32GB Black Sapphire Unlocked
    I wouldn't trust it. It might be a disgruntled employee who stole it, especially since he only wants cash. Sounds fishy to me.
    bhatech likes this.
    03-02-2016 06:11 PM
    That was the plan my good sir. Lol
    kstout2013 likes this.
    03-02-2016 06:14 PM
    In addition to that, i've been out of contract for a year and a half, Verizon didn't discount my plan once the contract was up.
    Which plan are you on? Any recent plan should get a discount when the contract is up. If you are on an older plan then you can move to the current plan at any time
    03-02-2016 06:31 PM
    I love how after all these shipment errors were fixed the conversation goes back to the way it was
    Joe the Insider likes this.
    03-02-2016 06:36 PM
    I love how after all these shipment errors were fixed the conversation goes back to the way it was
    Lol the sky is no longer falling. We're all happy now. Well actually I was fine the whole time. I ordered through Best Buy. I am thinking about ordering another one through Verizon though so I can also get a free S2 plus an extra 100 to trade in my S5. I haven't used that thing in 2 years. Then I'll just sell the other S7 on swappa. Got to maximize my money! Sound like a good idea to you guys?
    03-02-2016 06:45 PM
    How much ya want lol

03-02-2016 06:51 PM
    Can we pre order thru yu lmao

03-02-2016 06:51 PM
    Damnit I should've never read these forums. I called Verizon and changed my s7 edge color to black from silver so I could get it on the 11th. Oh well

03-02-2016 06:59 PM
    I just checked my Verizon order placed on 2/29 and it is still Processing with Shipping date 11/17/1858. LOL. SMH.
    03-02-2016 07:15 PM
    Damnit I should've never read these forums. I called Verizon and changed my s7 edge color to black from silver so I could get it on the 11th. Oh well

I switched mine from silver to black last night and I don't care. I'm still getting it the 11th and I prefer the black one anyways.
    03-02-2016 07:22 PM
    Which plan are you on? Any recent plan should get a discount when the contract is up. If you are on an older plan then you can move to the current plan at any time
    I wasn't getting a discount directly through Verizon either. I did one through Best Buy.

03-02-2016 07:32 PM
    The stars and planet's have all realigned. The sun will now come up in the morning and go down tomorrow night. All is now well in the universe.
    03-02-2016 08:08 PM

The "catch" is that you're stuck on a 2-year contract with a higher monthly payment than if you were off contract. And yes, lots of people have done it because that's how virtually every US carrier worked up until the last couple of years when they started moving away from contracts.

On Verizon, if you're on contract, you pay $20 more per month per line than if you're off contract ($40/mo vs. $20/mo). It doesn't matter whether you buy through Best Buy or Verizon...the plans are the same. Go to Bestbuy.com or Verizonwireless.com right now and look at the difference in plan prices whether you sign a contract or buy a phone outright - it's right there and clear as day that the monthly cost for contract phones is higher.

On Verizon through Best Buy, the S7 Edge is $299 on a 2-year contract. $20 more per month on contract over 24 months = $480. $299 + $480 = $779 (surprise! the exact cost of the S7 Edge). I never called anyone incompetent, but again, you're paying the same price for the phone as everyone else and you're monthly bill is higher whether you want believe it or not.
    xocomaox likes this.
    03-02-2016 08:22 PM
    I would still like to get mine early like the other carriers but the 11th will suffice.
    03-02-2016 08:39 PM
    Joe,

Can I ask why all the other carriers seem to ship their preorders out early but Verizon doesn't?

Also - how can we claim the S2 watch? What information do we need (i.e - order number, receipt?)
    Verizon ships devices when they receive them. They don't purposely hold phones.
    03-02-2016 08:41 PM
3,541 ... 1314151617 ...