08-13-2016 11:46 AM
3,541 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    No, but I assume it will show me how to use Google lol
    I love that link.....hahahaha. ok I am done Hijacking the thread, back to business.

WHYYYY wont you ship me my phone early. haha
    Joe the Insider likes this.
    03-02-2016 09:52 PM
    Thanks again Joe! You've helped restore some faith into VZW! Hopefully by tomorrow I can pre order both S7 and S7 edge both with S2s for my husband and I

Posted via the Android Central App
    Joe the Insider likes this.
    03-02-2016 09:58 PM
    Is it mostly women that are loving the silver edge or are there a few men that also love the silver edge?
    03-02-2016 10:02 PM
    The "catch" is that you're stuck on a 2-year contract with a higher monthly payment than if you were off contract. And yes, lots of people have done it because that's how virtually every US carrier worked up until the last couple of years when they started moving away from contracts.

On Verizon, if you're on contract, you pay $20 more per month per line than if you're off contract ($40/mo vs. $20/mo). It doesn't matter whether you buy through Best Buy or Verizon...the plans are the same. Go to Bestbuy.com or Verizonwireless.com right now and look at the difference in plan prices whether you sign a contract or buy a phone outright - it's right there and clear as day that the monthly cost for contract phones is higher.

On Verizon through Best Buy, the S7 Edge is $299 on a 2-year contract. $20 more per month on contract over 24 months = $480. $299 + $480 = $779 (surprise! the exact cost of the S7 Edge). I never called anyone incompetent, but again, you're paying the same price for the phone as everyone else and you're monthly bill is higher whether you want believe it or not.
    If you are cool paying 800 bucks for the edge - then good for you. If you are cool paying 400 bucks (299+Taxes+upgrade fee) then good for you. I personally don't think the edge is the "next big thing' or for that matter worth more than 400 of my dollars. My line fee btw is still 9.99 - not 20, not 40 and am still showing my unlimited plan even though I was advised it would be removed with the 2 year $299 option.
    hokie_prof likes this.
    03-02-2016 10:08 PM
    Joe,
    I have a question about the deal for getting $100 by switching to verizon and getting an s7. Is it $100 per phone or 100 per account?
    03-02-2016 10:10 PM
    If you are cool paying 800 bucks for the edge - then good for you. If you are cool paying 400 bucks (299+Taxes+upgrade fee) then good for you. I personally don't think the edge is the "next big thing' or for that matter worth more than 400 of my dollars. My line fee btw is still 9.99 - not 20, not 40 and am still showing my unlimited plan even though I was advised it would be removed with the 2 year $299 option.
    If you still think you're only paying $400 for an $800 phone - then good for you.
    Bizzle69 likes this.
    03-02-2016 10:25 PM
    32224 is my zip
    Zip codes would be great
    03-02-2016 10:26 PM
    Is it mostly women that are loving the silver edge or are there a few men that also love the silver edge?
    I'm a guy and I'm going with the silver edge. My guess is a good percentage of this forum are men, and it seems like a lot of people like the silver. I think it's a pretty gender neutral color.
    03-02-2016 11:41 PM
    I am a man and have been getting black phones forever. I went to Best Buy and the black phone is a bright piano black, a bad fingerprint magnet. Since I like to go without a case I decided on the silver as I have never wanted gold in watches or a phone. I am, however, ordering a case to use when I think it might be needed more, like when I take my granddaughter to Disney later this month.
    03-02-2016 11:50 PM
    Maybe we'll get an order confirmation today!

hokie_prof likes this.
    03-03-2016 04:33 AM
    But you're also most likely paying $30 for your monthly data per phone too for a total of $40 like I was plus the text and talk fee of $80 for 700 minutes. I thought I was getting the edge for $300 by renewing my 2 year contract too but then realized that I was just paying an additional $20 ($40,total) per month on my phone plan instead. Then I was informed that by just paying the full price off contract over 24 months and changing my plan, that I would now pay the $80 for talk, text and 12 gig data (XXL plan) and then just be charged $20 line access fee per phone. So my bill went down a lot with 4 people on my plan going from paying the $40 each per month ($9.99 line access plus $30 data plan) to jusr $20 each a month all off contract. I was paying $240 ($80 talk text + four phones @ $40 each for line access and data plan) before taxes and insurance and now paying $160 for $80 data, talk text shared and $20 line access. Plus $33 per month for the new phone for 24 months and gained unlimited talking minutes for everyone on plan rather than the old 700 minutes per month.

mountainman15 likes this.
    03-03-2016 05:19 AM
    I ordered at 8 am on launch day and it still does not show any ship date. Through this whole little glitch I have only seen "still processing " with no date. This is both on the full desktop website and the mobile site. Am I the only one?

03-03-2016 05:49 AM
    Ordered my black one 2 days ago on the 1st. Got a confirmation email saying delivery by the 11th. I called them yesterday the 2nd to double check the order. They said yes, order went through. Should ship on the 10th, and have in hand on the 11th. They also sent me a text for the link to register for the free accessory, either the VR or S2. Zip 67401
    03-03-2016 06:08 AM
    But you're also most likely paying $30 for your monthly data per phone too for a total of $40 like I was plus the text and talk fee of $80 for 700 minutes. I thought I was getting the edge for $300 by renewing my 2 year contract too but then realized that I was just paying an additional $20 ($40,total) per month on my phone plan instead. Then I was informed that by just paying the full price off contract over 24 months and changing my plan, that I would now pay the $80 for talk, text and 12 gig data (XXL plan) and then just be charged $20 line access fee per phone. So my bill went down a lot with 4 people on my plan going from paying the $40 each per month ($9.99 line access plus $30 data plan) to jusr $20 each a month all off contract. I was paying $240 ($80 talk text + four phones @ $40 each for line access and data plan) before taxes and insurance and now paying $160 for $80 data, talk text shared and $20 line access. Plus $33 per month for the new phone for 24 months and gained unlimited talking minutes for everyone on plan rather than the old 700 minutes per month.

You should know better than to bring logic and reason to an Internet argument. I think the majority understand
    kstout2013 and mountainman15 like this.
    03-03-2016 06:13 AM
    If you still think you're only paying $400 for an $800 phone - then good for you.
    My bill really didn't change. It probably has something to do with how my husband's phone was purchased through Verizon last year. He's still on the account, but we purchased it before Verizon got rid of their discounted upgrade at the end of your contract thing or whatever they called it.

It is a little humorous that you're so concerned about our phone bills, though. Maybe it's time for a new hobby? There are some great shows on Netflix right now.
    03-03-2016 06:35 AM
    I ordered at 8 am on launch day and it still does not show any ship date. Through this whole little glitch I have only seen "still processing " with no date. This is both on the full desktop website and the mobile site. Am I the only one?

If you go to your confirmation email from Verizon, after the first paragraph there's a link to check your order status. Follow the link, and voila, you will find that date we have all been peeing all over ourselves about for the last day or so. lol. Hopefully it says 3-11 for you too!
    03-03-2016 07:34 AM
    I'm a guy and getting the silver, since it will match the chrome on my bike....

03-03-2016 07:35 AM
    This popped up when I went to read the terms. Different than the last time I went and signed up for a reminder on launch day.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom
    You want to see something interesting? Go to that promotions page and choose a different provider. The e-mail reminder signup page only shows a picture of the free VR. Now pick Verizon as the provider and select the "store" radio button. Again, only the free VR shows on the e-mail reminder page. Now go back, pick Verizon again, only this time select "VerizonWireless." The e-mail reminder page now displays the free VR and the free S2.
    kstout2013 likes this.
    03-03-2016 07:39 AM
    Does anybody know how you redeem the free S2 offer?
    03-03-2016 07:46 AM
    Does anybody know how you redeem the free S2 offer?
    You have to pre order online. This has been my issue the last week

03-03-2016 07:47 AM
    You have to pre order online. This has been my issue the last week

You preoder the phone or the S2?
    03-03-2016 08:01 AM
    I originally bought it for myself and then they wife wanted it so i went with the black onyx which i now believe is a better choice.
    03-03-2016 08:05 AM
    You pre order the phone. When it ships V will send you a notice and there will be a redeem code on it. You enter this on a Samsung site to get the S2
    03-03-2016 08:06 AM
    In order to get the s2 it was only available if you pre ordered s7 online. Which I didn't so I'm working on cancelling my phone pre order to re ordered online so I can get the s2

03-03-2016 08:06 AM
    You want to see something interesting? Go to that promotions page and choose a different provider. The e-mail reminder signup page only shows a picture of the free VR. Now pick Verizon as the provider and select the "store" radio button. Again, only the free VR shows on the e-mail reminder page. Now go back, pick Verizon again, only this time select "VerizonWireless." The e-mail reminder page now displays the free VR and the free S2.
    Yep. Fingers crossed. In all honesty, I could probably live without both and just pickup a Fit Bit as they have been regularly on sale at Best Buy since the fitness part is what I care about.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom
    03-03-2016 08:12 AM
3,541 ... 1617181920 ...