08-13-2016 11:46 AM
3,541 1234 ...
tools
    So VZW is offering an option of the S2 or the Gear VR.

A new Gear VR only costs $99. The S2 is going on eBay for at least $200. Any reason I couldn't get the S2 for free, sell it on eBay, then buy the VR and come out a $100 on top?
    02-26-2016 09:21 AM
    It must be in certain areas then. My gf has the iPhone 6 and whenever she is on the phone the texts go through green (therefore iMessage isn't working since it uses data) and we have the find my friends thing so if I try to see where she is at it won't work until she is off the phone. Plus I've tried using hers for directions while on the phone with someone and negative. Can't do it
    You have to activate it on the iPhone under Settings -> Cellular -> Enable LTE -> Voice & Data. The default is Data only.
    02-26-2016 01:46 PM
    So VZW is offering an option of the S2 or the Gear VR.

A new Gear VR only costs $99. The S2 is going on eBay for at least $200. Any reason I couldn't get the S2 for free, sell it on eBay, then buy the VR and come out a $100 on top?
    Sure you could do that.
    02-26-2016 01:49 PM
    Cant you opt for payment plan and then pay it off after first payment? Best of all worlds?
    02-26-2016 02:13 PM
    Cant you opt for payment plan and then pay it off after first payment? Best of all worlds?
    Yes, I have paid off multiple dpp orders in the past after it shipped but before I even received the phone.
    02-26-2016 04:19 PM
    Tried to order. No screen for VR or Gear2. UPDATE still works. My current plan does not qualify for extra 2GB.
    02-26-2016 04:41 PM
    You have to activate it on the iPhone under Settings -> Cellular -> Enable LTE -> Voice & Data. The default is Data only.
    Once she gets home I'm going through that phone haha. How is Verizon? I had att for awhile not have T-Mobile but T-Mobile is hit and miss. Data is usually good. Calls drop a bit and FaceTime doesn't work all that well with T-Mobile. Choppy a lot. Verizon simultaneous v/d only works on lte right? Is lte pretty stable? With att and T-Mobile I have had it drop down to 4g here and there while on a phone and of course that does v/d fine but what about Verizon? Does it drop to 3G a decent amount? I understand where you are located in the states is a factor but just wondering what everyone has experienced? Also is there anyway to get deals on plans? (Knowing Verizon probably not) I have unlimited and I only use 10gb max. But paying $130/mo seems ridiculous. Any one know how to get that price down?

Thanks for the info

Any idea if Verizon deletes the labs part in settings? I have heard att did at least on their demo units.

Update: ladies and gents, graphixx30 was correct. It was on data only. I'm such an amateur.
    02-26-2016 07:27 PM
    How is Verizon?
    I don't have any issue with Verizon in my area (Central New Jersey). I have LTE everywhere I go except for some grocery stores where it will drop to 3G. Yes, you need to be on LTE for voice & data to work. The only way to get deals on plans (as far as I know) is to have an employer discount, I get 24% off my plan because my husband works for UPS.
    02-27-2016 08:02 AM
    Yeah I want the VR. I am worried though with only 300k offers there will be a lot of unhappy people. You have to upload your receipt plus phone info starting March 4, but most of us won't have the device till March 11.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-27-2016 08:33 AM
    I don't have any issue with Verizon in my area (Central New Jersey). I have LTE everywhere I go except for some grocery stores where it will drop to 3G. Yes, you need to be on LTE for voice & data to work. The only way to get deals on plans (as far as I know) is to have an employer discount, I get 24% off my plan because my husband works for UPS.

Thank you for the info.. I need to get that discount lol.
    I haven't had Verizon since 2007 when I jumped ship to get the iPhone so I haven't kept up with them. I know they have lte pretty much everywhere so that helps with voice and data. I'm just worried about when I'm on a phone call and it randomly jumps down to 3G and I need to look up directions or emails or info for something. I know att and T-Mobile sometimes would jump down from lte to 4g on a call. Not always but randomly. So I was wondering how often that happens for the people
    That have it.
    02-27-2016 03:52 PM
    Interesting discussion. FWIW I pre-ordered my S7 Edge through Verizon on 02/23 (Tuesday). I ordered mine over the phone after checking out on their web site. Girl that took my order was awesome. She gave a choice of phone colors, and a choice for the promotional item (VR or watch), which, according to her, is only valid when using the Edge Program. I picked the watch, as I have no interest in the VR. She assured me I would have the phone on March 11, delivered to my door. She said she would have the watch shipped immediately, as it is compatible with my S4, and this would give me a chance to play with the watch and see if I liked it. They shipped the watch and case I ordered that day, and I got it on the 25th. It took 46 minutes on the phone, but when it was all said and done she cut me a deal (on her own, I didn't ask) on my line (account has three phones and two tablets already,and I'm replacing my phone with this one) and the monthly plan charge for the watch (it has its own phone number) so the total increase to my bill for the phone and the watch was only $13.

There's something to be said for talking to a real person sometimes!
    02-27-2016 08:42 PM
    Interesting discussion. FWIW I pre-ordered my S7 Edge through Verizon on 02/23 (Tuesday). I ordered mine over the phone after checking out on their web site. Girl that took my order was awesome. She gave a choice of phone colors, and a choice for the promotional item (VR or watch), which, according to her, is only valid when using the Edge Program. I picked the watch, as I have no interest in the VR. She assured me I would have the phone on March 11, delivered to my door. She said she would have the watch shipped immediately, as it is compatible with my S4, and this would give me a chance to play with the watch and see if I liked it. They shipped the watch and case I ordered that day, and I got it on the 25th. It took 46 minutes on the phone, but when it was all said and done she cut me a deal (on her own, I didn't ask) on my line (account has three phones and two tablets already,and I'm replacing my phone with this one) and the monthly plan charge for the watch (it has its own phone number) so the total increase to my bill for the phone and the watch was only $13.

Meanwhile, people who preordered the S7 edge on T-Mobile will have their's this Tuesday.
    02-27-2016 08:50 PM
    Meanwhile, people who preordered the S7 edge on T-Mobile will have their's this Tuesday.
    I'm okay with that. Verizon offers the best service in my area. I've been due for an upgrade since last October (putting it off because I haven't liked what was out there), so I can wait another two weeks. Already got the watch. The phone is due to be here (not shipped, but delivered) on the official release date. Do the math: the S7 Edge on the monthly payment is $33.00. The service plan for the watch is $10 per month. My bill goes up $13.00 per month. The reason I went with the Edge rather than the S7. All because I talked to a real live person. Go figure.
    jumper809 likes this.
    02-27-2016 09:16 PM
    It must be in certain areas then. My gf has the iPhone 6 and whenever she is on the phone the texts go through green (therefore iMessage isn't working since it uses data) and we have the find my friends thing so if I try to see where she is at it won't work until she is off the phone. Plus I've tried using hers for directions while on the phone with someone and negative. Can't do it
    The iPhone 6+ has the radios for simultaneous talk/data on Version. Not the 6 or any other version.
    02-27-2016 10:15 PM

So... You somehow bypassed the whole Samsung Promotions portion of the offer from Verizon.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom
    sforsyth01 likes this.
    02-27-2016 10:41 PM
    So... You somehow bypassed the whole Samsung Promotions portion of the offer from Verizon.

No, everything is above board. I didn't say the phone is costing $13/mo, I said my bill only increased by that amount. I am still paying $33/month for the phone. How I saved is by the Verizon CSR reviewing my account while we were discussing the phone, and she was able to shave some money off the plan charge (without decreasing my service), and at the end of the call, was able to cut the cost of the watch's plan in half. All on her own, I asked her to review the account, since I haven't done than in a couple years. She initially told me I was getting the best deal, so I was okay with that. As we progressed through the order process she found one discount for my line (the other two, upgraded within the past 12 months or so, already had it). Then, at the end of the call, she cut the cost of the watch's monthly charge in half. So my savings are not on the devices, but on the monthly plan.

Like I said, there is still something to be said for talking to a real live person. Try doing that with mouse clicks. Human interaction.
    02-28-2016 06:03 AM
    No, everything is above board. I didn't say the phone is costing $13/mo, I said my bill only increased by that amount. I am still paying $33/month for the phone. How I saved is by the Verizon CSR reviewing my account while we were discussing the phone, and she was able to shave some money off the plan charge (without decreasing my service), and at the end of the call, was able to cut the cost of the watch's plan in half. All on her own, I asked her to review the account, since I haven't done than in a couple years. She initially told me I was getting the best deal, so I was okay with that. As we progressed through the order process she found one discount for my line (the other two, upgraded within the past 12 months or so, already had it). Then, at the end of the call, she cut the cost of the watch's monthly charge in half. So my savings are not on the devices, but on the monthly plan.

Like I said, there is still something to be said for talking to a real live person. Try doing that with mouse clicks. Human interaction.
    My question, in general, was that you're getting a watch shipped directly from Verizon rather than the Samsung Promotions fulfillment page. I asked a few people on preorder day when I was on the phone for 2 hours holding and they all directed me to the promotion page. How on earth did you bypass the promotion?

02-28-2016 07:37 AM
    In case anybody is interested, the Verizon S7 Edge manual is available to view here: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co..._MM_6.1_R3.pdf
    dpham00 likes this.
    02-28-2016 08:29 AM
    Couple of things caught my eye in the manual, but this one especially. Seems to indicate that WiFi Calling will be available out of the box, doesn't it? I was hoping the S7 variants would get the S6 treatment.

Advanced Calling
    Enjoy high definition voice and video calling from Verizon.
    To upgrade to Advanced Calling:
    1. From a Home screen, tap Apps > Settings.
    2. Tap Advanced calling > Activate advanced calling, and follow the instructions to upgrade.
    3. Tap Advanced calling, and tap On/O to enable the feature.
    4. Activate Wi-Fi calling to use Wi-Fi when the mobile network is not available.
    dpham00 likes this.
    02-28-2016 08:43 AM
    It only works when you are on HD call. Meaning only works while on a call to another Verizon phone because it also goes through data.

02-28-2016 08:57 AM
    My question, in general, was that you're getting a watch shipped directly from Verizon rather than the Samsung Promotions fulfillment page. I asked a few people on preorder day when I was on the phone for 2 hours holding and they all directed me to the promotion page. How on earth did you bypass the promotion?

Not sure I have an answer to that, but I can tell you exactly what I did:

On the 23rd, I was surfing again, looking to see about my upgrade. I noticed the S7 was due to be released on March 11th. Did some further looking, and saw Verizon was doing pre-orders starting that day (23rd). I also saw the promotion. So I got onto Verizon's site, and logged into my account. Looked around a little bit, then called the 800 number at the top of the screen I was looking at. Waded through the automated system until I got to the "Sales" option, tapped that number, and got a live person right away. (Note: I've always gone to a Verizon Store, never ordered a phone any other way). I had some questions about the phone, which she answered. I asked her to review my account to see if was getting the best deal on my plan. At that point she told me it looked like I was. I asked about just using the contract price versus the Edge payment. She told me that would disqualify me for the promotion. So I decided on the Edge payment option. She told me I could choose between the VR gear or the watch, that the VR gear would not ship till April, but the watch would ship immediately. I wasn't interested in the VR gear, so I opted for the watch. At that point she (or somebody else) found something in my account she could discount. With the savings there, I opted for the S7 Edge instead of the S7. We went through the whole agreeing to the Terms and Conditions for both devices over the phone (she actually used a second line to help with this). She told me she would ship the watch immediately, as it is compatible with my S4, and it would give me a chance to play with it before the S7 arrived. At the end of the call, she then informed me she would cut the monthly plan for the watch in half. I thanked her and hung up. The savings on the plan cut the increase in the bill to $13.

The call took about 46 minutes, with very little of that time on hold. She was friendly and courteous.

Fast forward...on the 25th UPS delivered a package to my door. In the box, shipped from "Customer Care" in Fort Worth, TX, was the watch and the case I ordered for the phone. All the follow-up emails I received after placing the order confirm what I received with the call, including one that explained why my next bill would be higher due to activation fees, and the case cost, and subsequent bills would return to normal, verifying the $13 increase.

With that said, I did not explore the promotion prior to calling. I had no idea how the promotion would be fulfilled, only that there were two item options. Everything that occurred during the phone call came from the CSR at Verizon. The only thing I asked for, other than questions about the phone and Edge payment plans, was for a quick review of my account. All I can tell you is I've been wearing the watch and playing with it for three days. It is the Gear-2 in dark gray.

Maybe I was lucky.
    02-28-2016 09:54 AM
    I see T-Mobile has started shipping. This is my first ever pre ordered phone. When can we expect it on vzw? I order the day of ore order within the first five minutes. Thanks in advance.

02-28-2016 10:09 PM
    My VZW preorder says it's not shipping until 3/11...day of release

02-28-2016 10:12 PM
    Verizon typically will be substantially later than tmobile
    02-28-2016 10:12 PM
    You have to be in a 4glte area, have your account upgraded to HD calling as well as have it turned on on your phone.

02-29-2016 07:46 AM
3,541 1234 ...