08-13-2016 11:46 AM
3,541 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    Any other shipping updates aside from that one person?
    03-04-2016 06:28 PM
    I have an XL plan and two gig extra was added automatically. I believe it is temporary. Here is the wording on my confirmation:
    Shared Plan(s) Monthly Account Access

Voice Plan: The Verizon Plan XX Large 18GB $100.00

2 GB Additional Data for a limited time Free
    Samsung Galaxy S7 edge 32GB in Silver Titanium 8505299329 - 2 GB Additional Data.
    So glad I never gave up my unlimited plan. 80.00 a month unlimited everything.
    03-04-2016 06:28 PM
    Not trying to hijack but lots of people are mentioning sd cards... What cards are you guys going with?
    I'm no expert, but did a bit of poking around and decided this would do the trick: Samsung - EVO+ 128GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card - Red/White. Currently $10 off at BB... More storage than I need in the short-term, but apparently will be sufficient to record full-hd video if needed, and room for a bunch of high-res images. I notice that in many amazon reviews folks post benchmarks...I didn't get that in-depth, at all.
    03-04-2016 06:31 PM
    Got it on Amazon around $65 although I did see scan disc come out with a 200g for $79 on amazon

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails S7 Edge - Verizon preorders-25214.jpg  
    03-04-2016 06:34 PM
    Heh. I stumbled on this while surfing around the web: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/905323

At least we're not this bad here...yet.
    03-04-2016 06:37 PM
    Not trying to hijack but lots of people are mentioning sd cards... What cards are you guys going with?
    I ordered the 200GB class 10 microSD card on Amazon on Tuesday. It hasn't shipped yet for some reason.
    03-04-2016 06:39 PM
    Heh. I stumbled on this while surfing around the web: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/905323

At least we're not this bad here...yet.
    Oh my god. The horror of not being able to look away.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom
    03-04-2016 06:42 PM
    Oh my god. The horror of not being able to look away.

They mention this very thread somewhere in there. I read through it all because that's what my Friday nights have come to.
    sangs likes this.
    03-04-2016 06:44 PM
    I SHOULD BE FRONT LOADED!

Oh god, I'm dying.

Attached Thumbnails S7 Edge - Verizon preorders-8639.jpg  
    xocomaox, sangs and Colchicine like this.
    03-04-2016 06:47 PM
    Yeah I read that one too and was like are you serious
    03-04-2016 06:54 PM
    It's a mess over there. I had to calm some folks down by throwing down some AC knowledge.
    xocomaox likes this.
    03-04-2016 06:56 PM
    It's a mess over there. I had to calm some folks down by throwing down some AC knowledge.
    Don't click on pages 5-20 here. Lol.
    sangs likes this.
    03-04-2016 06:56 PM
    Don't click on pages 5-20 here. Lol.
    Too late. THE WORLD IS ENDING. MY DELOREAN ISN'T EVEN READY TO PICK UP MY PHONE FROM 1858! I don't have enough left over plutonium from my nukes to power my flux capacitor...
    jrhall621 likes this.
    03-04-2016 06:59 PM
    I SHOULD BE FRONT LOADED!

Oh god, I'm dying.

This is what you would call the "entitled customer". They are a monster companies have created by slick marketing, and a fake worship of their customers to make them feel special. They are a generation that took "The customer is always right" literally and has operated by that standard with every business. They are often bullies that pretend to be victims, and they can cause customer service reps to have a really, really bad day. I've worked customer service for many different companies including Verizon, and when these people show up, you know you're in for a rough few hours. Some have had longer lasting implications with my jobs, coming back to haunt me in different ways than I originally expected.

People complain about big corporations, giant overpaid CEOs, and everything to do with our capitalist system. What about the "the big jerks"? The people who make everyone else's lives worse? The people who are single handedly responsible companies having terms and conditions for every little thing they offer, and the reason why that Best Buy rep studies you with suspicion and sometimes indifference when you have a legitimate issue that needs correcting?

Looking at that Verizon thread drums up some deep anger within me. I understand why people are upset about big corporations this political season, but I really think we get the system we deserve when it comes to the American consumer.
    --

Edit: Sorry for the silly rant. Not entirely related to this thread. I've also met really truly great people when working customer service, and they genuinely make the job fun and enjoyable. I always strive to be that person when I call into customer service for any issue.
    03-04-2016 07:16 PM
    This is what you would call "the entitled customer". Such a customer is the beast that companies have created by slick marketing, and this fake worship of their customers to make them special. They are a generation that took "The customer is always right" literally and has operated by that standard with every business they deal with. These types of customers are often bullies that pretend to be victims, and they can cause Americans workers to have a really, really bad day in customer service. I've worked customer service for many different companies including Verizon, and when these people show up, you know you're in for a rough few hours. Some have had longer lasting implications with my jobs, coming back to haunt me in different ways than I originally expected.

People complain about big corporations, giant overpaid CEOs, and everything to do with our capitalist system. What about the "the big jerks"? The consumers who make everyone else's lives worse? The people who are single handedly responsible companies having terms and conditions for every little thing you do, and the reason why that Best Buy rep looks at you with suspicion and sometimes indifference when you have a legitimate issue that needs correcting?

Looking at that thread drums up some deep anger within me. I understand why people are upset about big corporations this political season, but I really think we get the system we deserve, at least when it comes to the American consumer.
    +1
    03-04-2016 07:47 PM
    I don't think that this thread will come close to that one. Lol
    03-04-2016 08:43 PM
    Got it on Amazon around $65 although I did see scan disc come out with a 200g for $79 on amazon

The EVO+ has much better write speeds (the most important spec) than the 200GB Sandisk.
    03-04-2016 09:06 PM
    That thread is proof "the customer is always right" needs to go away. No the customer is not always right. Hell, they're wrong most of the time.

People have forgotten you can achieve a lot more by being polite as opposed to being a tool. Not having blood pressure spikes is another bonus.
    03-04-2016 09:07 PM
    The EVO+ has much better write speeds (the most important spec) than the 200GB Sandisk.
    That's why I decided to go with the less. Even though the 128g is going to be plenty. I'm used to a 16g droid ultra! Not going to know what to do with more!

03-04-2016 09:08 PM
    That thread is proof "the customer is always right" needs to go away. No the customer is not always right. Hell, they're wrong most of the time.

People have forgotten you can achieve a lot more by being polite as opposed to being a tool. Not having blood pressure spikes is another bonus.
    Preach!
    KimJongOMG likes this.
    03-04-2016 09:09 PM
    Joe, any new info of in store availability on the Silver Edge on launch day?
    Not going to know until Monday or Tuesday when stores start receiving units.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    03-04-2016 09:13 PM
    That's why I decided to go with the less. Even though the 128g is going to be plenty. I'm used to a 16g droid ultra! Not going to know what to do with more!

I'm getting that as well. I only have 2gb free on my 64gb EVO (non plus) so I'll grab the larger, upgraded version soon. Now if Verizon would ship... Hehe
    03-04-2016 09:14 PM
    It just makes me mad that Verizon is busy giving everyone the run around two days ago I checked my orders and it said that the date changed to 3/31- no one had answers so I reordered it in a different color- amazingly enough the accessories I ordered through Verizon came in today- but that's about it. The whole point to a pre order is to ensure that you get your devices by launch day- not AFTER. And every rep I talked to said they'd be sent out after. I could honestly care less about the gear- I just want the phone. Simple- the s7 edge finally has what I have been waiting for- more edge functionality. This phone is going to blow Apple and their fan kids out of the water
    I had answers, everyone was patient and waited. Next time, be patient and you won't have to get the "run around". I told everyone to give me one day and I would have answers and I did and the day after everyone's orders changed been to 3/11.
    03-04-2016 09:18 PM
    I'm getting that as well. I only have 2gb free on my 64gb EVO (non plus) so I'll grab the larger, upgraded version soon. Now if Verizon would ship... Hehe
    I have my FedEx account updated so I can keep track if a new label comes. But if the guy with the enterprise account got shipping numbers won't be long! After all the trouble of pre ordering as long as I get the phone is all that matters right now lol I won't complain until it's past the date. What's 7 more days. Atleast it'll be Payday again and I can buy more stuff for it! My 2 cases, screen protectors, SD card, extra chargers just won't be enough. I'm current looking into wireless ones. My husband and will both have them so I was looking into a dual but do I really need it. Ehhhh no

03-04-2016 09:19 PM
    Thanks for the replies on the SD cards... I'm thinking I'm just going to go overkill and get the 128gb pro+
    xocomaox and felloffthetruck like this.
    03-04-2016 09:20 PM
3,541 ... 2627282930 ...