S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

kevindeep

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge - Verizon preorders are live.

If you read the offer Rules, it does actually state that the Gear S2 is a gift option for those ordering from vzw.com. It does also state that the entire promotion has 300,000 gifts available, so I don't know what that means for everyone...

It probably means Verizon users won't get to take advantage of the promotion because they will hold on the phone till the last minute to ship. Its been frustrating dealing with Verizon over this whole deal, every time I call I get some who acts like they have never even heard of the s7 let alone a promotion.

Posted via the Android Central App

FaTROBoT97

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I don't want to be the voice of Big Red but I can answer some basic questions since I work on the retail side.

Those wondering what there location code is - It's just a way for the stores to be able to see your order in case of exchanges or returns. Every store has a location code - the internet has a location code too - So does Tele-Sales. All that stuff is also in your account.

Those angry about Verizon getting phones out late has been business as usual forever. They have always held there phones to a strict street date most of the time with some exceptions here and there.

The silver one is back ordered. Why? No idea. I'm not a buyer. We knew that after day 2 of pre-orders opening. Verizon tends to over-estimate though. Same thing happened with iPad Pro's over Xmas. People were told end of January, they got them 1st week of January.

I have a gold one on order as I'm partial to that color and I'm looking forward to the 11th just like you all. Hopefully that answers some of the questions I've seen in this thread.

capncoad

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Oh, the horror, they are going to deliver on the date promised. Oh, the humanity!

Saw a similar thing with the Nexus 6P except that was a 5 week ordeal. It's unrealistic that each carrier ships their S7 out at the same time. Verizon has more customers, wants the phone branded and has contracts for pre-loading software. T-Mobile just has less hoops to jump through, because they are the smaller "cooler" carrier and keeps everything to a minimum.

But like what many people have said, a week early phone shipment does not make a good network and for many, many people here, it's always worth it to put up with a little annoyances to stay with the superior service. Everyone will forget all of this by the end of next week anyway.

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my black S7 Edge online at Verizon Wireless on 2/25. When I look on the Verizon Wireless Web-site I see my order as being processed. However, I don't see any estimated delivery date and I never got an email from Verizon confirming the order. I see that others are referring to their confirmation emails. Did everyone get a confirmation email?

Fastduke

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Saw a similar thing with the Nexus 6P except that was a 5 week ordeal. It's unrealistic that each carrier ships their S7 out at the same time. Verizon has more customers, wants the phone branded and has contracts for pre-loading software. T-Mobile just has less hoops to jump through, because they are the smaller "cooler" carrier and keeps everything to a minimum.

But like what many people have said, a week early phone shipment does not make a good network and for many, many people here, it's always worth it to put up with a little annoyances to stay with the superior service. Everyone will forget all of this by the end of next week anyway.

Understood, but does that impact the ploy of free gear from Samsung? So if it is limited supply of the freebies and the other carriers that shipped early... well those people get to submit tomorrow. I only pre-ordered to get the freebie.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine by phone. Got an email requiring me to confirm payment (the taxes in my case) and the license agreement to complete the order. The email should go to the primary account holder. If you are not the primary account holder you should check with who is.

FaTROBoT97

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I ordered my black S7 Edge online at Verizon Wireless on 2/25. When I look on the Verizon Wireless Web-site I see my order as being processed. However, I don't see any estimated delivery date and I never got an email from Verizon confirming the order. I see that others are referring to their confirmation emails. Did everyone get a confirmation email?

Whatever email address you have tied to your MyVerizon account would have had a confirmation email sent. Online will only show you processing till its actually shipped. Check your junk inbox just in case.

FaTROBoT97

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge - Verizon preorders are live.

It probably means Verizon users won't get to take advantage of the promotion because they will hold on the phone till the last minute to ship. Its been frustrating dealing with Verizon over this whole deal, every time I call I get some who acts like they have never even heard of the s7 let alone a promotion.

I know it doesn't help but the promotions are straight from Samsung. The two freebies being offered are not even stocked by Verizon. Samsung is the only place you can redeem your freebie. The kicker in this is that the watch is only offered to those that Pre-Ordered online. Hopefully we all get our watch or VR glasses.

This was the same during Xmas when Samsung was giving away Gift Boxes. People presumed we had the Gift Boxes but you had to send your receipt online to Samsungs Promotions page. It is convoluted. It always has been. But they have always followed through. I guess we shall see how this goes.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
FYI - reported from another forum ...........

Wed 10:20PM
".......Earlier today I got a call from someone deep within Verizon ranks. I was informed by my source that the reason Verizon has not been able to ship out S7 and S7 Edge devices is because they are under Embargo until March 8. This is when they will begin shipping units. this means that we may see the units arriving on doorsteps up to 2 days early. I guess 2 days early is better than on time or late." -DroidmodderX

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
this is getting out of control. all the other carriers shipped theirs and VZW is just holding back. This really irritating millions and millions of customers. I order on the 23rd and have a ship date of 3/11. When I pre ordered my note 4 it came early by almost a week.

No, on T-Mobil has shipped and not all of them have. Unknown why

Thablackguy

Apr 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
I'm super excited about getting my device like everyone else, but our lives will be no different because we got a phone a week or two later than others. ShinyTop is just having some fun and laughing at our little community for getting so worked up over nothing.

Speak for yourself. I'm using a LG G2 currently. I have major issues with the phone. I've had a couple replacements, and have come to the conclusion, the phone is just too old to handle the newer apps. So when I get my phone it WILL change my life drastically. I won't have to worry about clearing my apps every half hour or having my music player close on me while in the car cause I'm also using maps at the same time or it not even connecting to my phone via bluetooth. Its so hit or miss. I just want to be happy with my phone choice again. Lol

Last edited:

Death Roe

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

".......Earlier today I got a call from someone deep within Verizon ranks. I was informed by my source that the reason Verizon has not been able to ship out S7 and S7 Edge devices is because they are under Embargo until March 8. This is when they will begin shipping units. this means that we may see the units arriving on doorsteps up to 2 days early. I guess 2 days early is better than on time or late." -DroidmodderX

Link?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

That doesn't make sense. Why would Verizon be under embargo and not other carriers?

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
this is getting out of control. all the other carriers shipped theirs and VZW is just holding back. This really irritating millions and millions of customers. I order on the 23rd and have a ship date of 3/11. When I pre ordered my note 4 it came early by almost a week.

Samsung will be thrilled if it's actually irritating "millions and millions of customers." I think it's just irritating a few people on message boards myself.

Sopstic

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Don't say all the other Carriers are shipping. AT&T hasn't budged on saying they aren't allowed to release until the 11th either. Though I have shipping dates fro 3/07-3/10

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

If it makes you feel any better, my understanding is that Verizon has their own section of VRs separate from the other carriers, if you look at Samsung's site there's a disclaimer at the bottom applicable to several other places but not Verizon. As far as the S2s, Verizon was the only carrier to offer those, so we who want the watch are all in the same boat since no one on Verizon has their order.

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Don't say all the other Carriers are shipping. AT&T hasn't budged on saying they aren't allowed to release until the 11th either. Though I have shipping dates fro 3/07-3/10

T-Mobile and Sprint are shipping, AT&T and VZW aren't. My ahip date via AT&T is 3-7 top 3-7, and its usually two day, which would make it about the 9th. So I don't think that 11th is a hard date - maybe that's the in-store date, but not for shipping.

But, whatever. It get here when it gets here.

Sopstic

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
T-Mobile and Sprint are shipping, AT&T and VZW aren't. My ahip date via AT&T is 3-7 top 3-7, and its usually two day, which would make it about the 9th. So I don't think that 11th is a hard date - maybe that's the in-store date, but not for shipping.

But, whatever. It get here when it gets here.

I thought AT&T was shipping overnight now. At least that was the only shipping option I had when processing my order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz