08-13-2016 11:46 AM
3,541 ... 5556575859 ...
tools
    She wanted me gone. Then she had the nerve to cold call me with a customer satisfaction survey.
    Did you make sure you gave her a bad review?
    03-07-2016 11:42 AM
    Did you make sure you gave her a bad review?
    Duh. And at the end of the requested recording I got to include "Bye, Felicia."
    03-07-2016 11:46 AM
    Duh. And at the end of the requested recording I got to include "Bye, Felicia."
    Bet you said it in your most cheery voice!

I'm gonna go to BB and play with the phones some more. Probably come back with a TV or something...
    03-07-2016 11:47 AM
    MyUPS website has a tracking number finally, along with it last being checked into Memphis, now in transit.

I wish I could edit the delivery instructions to say that a signature won't be needed. I might not be home when it tries to get delivered.
    Colchicine and Thablackguy like this.
    03-07-2016 11:48 AM
    And you're on a 2 year contract for the iPhone?

Just to be clear:
    2 of the lines were on 2yr contracts that ended on Apr 2 but I can not recall which line had which phone.... I switch and alter my phones between 3 lines so much I can not keep track, I do not have the original phones that the 2 year contract actually started with....

the I phone 6 that was on one of the upgrade lines was originally on my 3rd line on a device payment plan that I paid off early and that is why I inquired and called VZW to clarify because I wasn't going to turn in an iphone6 that I recently paid off to get an s7 if the iphone 6 wasn't the original phone related to that line......but was told, it didn't matter what phone I used but whatever IMEI was registered when I placed the order would be the phone I had to turn in.............. but the bottom line is I did not have the original phones that both lines were still under contract for anyways.... the iphone 6 that was on the line before I switched them to the old LGs was not the phone that was part of 2 yr contract expiring on APr 2........
    03-07-2016 11:50 AM
    Bet you said it in your most cheery voice!

I'm gonna go to BB and play with the phones some more. Probably come back with a TV or something...
    You do BB. I'm going to the craft store to get my crochet on. I think I'll crochet a Felicia of VZW voodoo doll.
    KimJongOMG, kstout2013 and Bmcq626 like this.
    03-07-2016 11:50 AM
    MyUPS website has a tracking number finally, along with it last being checked into Memphis, now in transit.

I wish I could edit the delivery instructions to say that a signature won't be needed. I might not be home when it tries to get delivered.
    If you use UPS MyChoice, you may be able to get around it. Otherwise, MyChoice also gives you the option of redirecting it to a UPS pick up location. I normally just redirect my packages if I know I won't be there to sign for it.
    03-07-2016 11:51 AM
    Just to be clear:
    2 of the lines were on 2yr contracts that ended on Apr 2 but I can not recall which line had which phone.... I switch and alter my phones between 3 lines so much I can not keep track, I do not have the original phones that the 2 year contract actually started with....

the I phone 6 that was on one of the upgrade lines was originally on my 3rd line on a device payment plan that I paid off early and that is why I inquired and called VZW to clarify because I wasn't going to turn in an iphone6 that I recently paid off to get an s7 if the iphone 6 wasn't the original phone related to that line......but was told, it didn't matter what phone I used but whatever IMEI was registered when I placed the order would be the phone I had to turn in.............. but the bottom line is I did not have the original phones that both lines were still under contract for anyways.... the iphone 6 that was on the line before I switched them to the old LGs was not the phone that was part of 2 yr contract expiring on APr 2........
    And you also get the discount of $15-25/month? If so, hot damn Verizon still didn't get their act together.
    03-07-2016 11:53 AM
    On computer now, checking my order status...and of course it's still processing. I hate life. I'm going shopping, haha.
    Don't feel bad my husband's s7 has shipped but mine hasn't yet

Posted via the Android Central App
    Serious Fun likes this.
    03-07-2016 11:57 AM
    And you also get the discount of $15-25/month? If so, hot damn Verizon still didn't get their act together.
    My discount per month is $20 with Device payment Plan. But it may be because I have the 3GB data plan.
    Yes,both lines dropped $20, that was part of the equation as well as hopefully getting S2's.... and I got rid of a couple things from my junk drawer sitting there since around 2009.... ( also can't forget the extra 6gb of lifetime data included in the process...2gb per line)

(both lines would have dropped $20 each in April anyways when contract expired regardless)
    Yes you are lost haha let me explain. @MizWylie is correct. I have an iphone 6 on a two year contract. As a promo they are letting me upgrade early but in order to upgrade early I must commit to a device payment plan and give them my iphone 6 (the phone that is currently active on my line) What I want to do is activate an iphone 4 today and once I get the new s7 I will send in the iphone 4 as my trade in.
    When you bought the s7, it would have indicated which device you would need to turn in. This would also include a specific imei. For example, I bought an iPhone on my line a while ago. I now have a note 5 on the line. When I tried to do an early upgrade, it demanded that I return the device currently on the line (note 5) or face a $300 penalty (or it might have been $200). I can swap another device before processing the order and then I would have to return that specific device. At this point, your options are a) return iphone 6 b) pay $300 penalty c) return the device, pay restocking fee, and reorder the phone with another device on the line which would need to be active at the time which you placed the order.

Swapping in the sim to the iPhone 4 and turning in the iPhone 4 would cause you to lose the iPhone 4 and pay $300 penalty.
    Almeuit likes this.
    This is incorrect......... before I ordered I spoke with CS about my options or just waiting to order on Apr 2.......... I had an Iphone 6 on one line and an S5 on another...... the CS specifically told me to do early upgrade I could use any phone as trade in and it just has to be in working order and active on my account when I do the early upgrade, I told him I had a box of old phones and he just said which ever phone is active when you place the order will record the IMEI of the phone you must return.........
    Well see it always depends what the deal is. As I said it walks the line .. because it very well could be fraud. If you have to return the exact phone you did the 2 year contract with then trying to pull a fast one is wrong. If you were told "oh simply turn in ANY phone" then yes that is different. As with anything .. it is all in the details.
    03-07-2016 11:59 AM
    The restocking fee can be credited as a measure of good will on Verizon's part, ymmv of course but if you explained the situation then I would expect Verizo to give you a credit, if you didn't understand the terms
    03-07-2016 12:02 PM

Do you mean UPS or FedEx. My UPS still does not have any information.
    03-07-2016 12:04 PM
    The restocking fee can be credited as a measure of good will on Verizon's part, ymmv of course but if you explained the situation then I would expect Verizo to give you a credit, if you didn't understand the terms
    So you are saying to activate the iphone 4 and see what happens when I trade it in lol. Funny enough I can't even pull up my DPP terms on the documents and receipts, it comes up blank so I cant even read the agreement right now. I am trying to see where it says I need to return the iphone 6 with its associated IMEI
    03-07-2016 12:06 PM
    Well see it always depends what the deal is. As I said it walks the line .. because it very well could be fraud. If you have to return the exact phone you did the 2 year contract with then trying to pull a fast one is wrong. If you were told "oh simply turn in ANY phone" then yes that is different. As with anything .. it is all in the details.
    The way the system is wired, you have to return the active device on the line at time of purchase. This is not necessarily the device which you signed the 2 year contract on. Returning any other phone is just asking for trouble.
    Almeuit likes this.
    03-07-2016 12:06 PM
    Yes, sometimes it is all in the details, this whole situation started with me because there was currently an iphone 6 on one of the early upgarde lines and it was already paid in full through a previous DPP.... I no longer had any of the phones that were the originators of the 2 yr contract.
    03-07-2016 12:07 PM
    So you are saying to activate the iphone 4 and see what happens when I trade it in lol. Funny enough I can't even pull up my DPP terms on the documents and receipts, it comes up blank so I cant even read the agreement right now. I am trying to see where it says I need to return the iphone 6 with its associated IMEI
    It should be in the documentation, if not call Verizon they can tell you which specific device you need to turn in.

Next time you order, activate the iPhone 4,and in the checkout process, make sure that the right device to return is shown in the checkout process
    03-07-2016 12:09 PM
    Happy days are here again. It's like Christmas in March.S7 Edge - Verizon preorders-imag4077.jpg
    03-07-2016 12:10 PM
    The way the system is wired, you have to return the active device on the line at time of purchase. This is not necessarily the device which you signed the 2 year contract on. Returning any other phone is just asking for trouble.
    And of course my s7 says shipped now, with a ups tracking number although that number isn't active yet in UPS system. Guess I am just turning in the iphone 6 and lesson learned for next time! Will save the iphone 4 for my other line that I will do a DPP with in the future
    03-07-2016 12:11 PM
    On computer now, checking my order status...and of course it's still processing. I hate life. I'm going shopping, haha.
    Don't go shopping, go drinking! It's 5 o'clock somewhere...

This means if you get the shipping information when you're out drinking you can have a celebratory drink!
    03-07-2016 12:13 PM
    Happy days are here again. It's like Christmas in March.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG4077.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	803.2 KB 
ID:	218988
    I see that Best Buy bag, Verizon phone?
    xocomaox likes this.
    03-07-2016 12:14 PM
    I see that Best Buy bag, Verizon phone?
    Yep. Pre-ordered from both BB and VZW. Will sell the BB phone when my VZW order gets here.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    03-07-2016 12:19 PM
    Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks!

Also, I saw a few pages back about only being eligible for the S2 promotion if the phone was put on a payment plan. Does that mean since I ordered via Enterprise and it is being billed to my account, I won't be able to get the S2 and can only get the VR? Or am I even eligible for the VR since it's an Enterprise order?
    03-07-2016 12:23 PM
3,541 ... 5556575859 ...