08-13-2016 11:46 AM
3,541 ... 8182838485 ...
tools
    Mine has just arrived!!! Verizon 7 edge, Gold!!!
    03-08-2016 01:59 PM
    They won't give me the free goodies as I paid full price for the phones.
    I paid full price (Verizon) and got the free stuff. Is it because I did it online? Although I shouldn't speak so soon, my phone shipped but the VR and microSD are still "preparing for shipment"...
    03-08-2016 02:00 PM
    YESS!!! My phone is showing as shipped!! tracking number not working yet but i'll check it later. Maybe i'll get it thursday UPS BTW
    03-08-2016 02:02 PM
    Purchased Gold model on March 3rd, Credit Card withdrew on March 7th, Verizon notified me March 8th of shipping for anyone interested in date of purchase and what followed. Though Verizon initial date of shipping was suppose to be on the 11th, I'm happy it shipped early. Mine is being shipped by UPS
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    03-08-2016 02:05 PM
    You put it in a case, you monster!

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom
    He didn't even get the free Gear VR... truly is a monster!

Walked into Best Buy this morning and purchase a Silver S7 Edge and a Black S7 Edge, both Verizon phones.
    Plus the Best Buy price was a little cheaper then Verizon.
    They won't give me the free goodies as I paid full price for the phones.
    Wife took over the Silver already so I guess I'll have to love the Black one.
    Best Buy also requires you to get a DPP? WTH?

From my post a few days ago on page 49:
    Despite correcting my address several times in the Gilroy, CA corporate Verizon store, they just cancelled my order because of an address mismatch.

I placed my order on Feb 23, today they charged my card, but it didn't match the address on my charge card. Instead of contacting me (after all, they do know my phone number), they reversed the charge and cancelled my order.

Previous gripe (multiple times): Every single time I have returned a phone on the "Edge Up" program they have charged me for the phone as though I never returned it. It has taken an average of three months to get the mistaken charges removed from my bill. In fact, the billing is almost always wrong. One time the returned phone got there late, so instead of returning it and charging me, they charged me AND kept the phone!!! Which is, of course, robbery.

So... I said in that post that I'm leaving Verizon, but that's kind of hard since my wife and two sons are also on the plan. With my wife and kids, I've spent just under $50,000 with VZW over the last 12 years. Would that count for *anything* ??? Not on your sweet life.

So I gave in and ordered a gold one last night. I had $266 to pay to "Edge Up" but the guy somehow hit my bank for the $466 to pay it off completely. By the time I could tell him to just leave it as is (I can easily sell my S6 Edge on Craigslist) he had completely botched up the order by reversing the $466 charge, but couldn't proceed forward until his end showed the reversal succeeded. So he said he'd call me back. He never did.

So I called sales again and asked the nice girl (very nice, Robin Jacobs in Sacramento) to get the order through no matter what and we'll settle the money difference later.

Now my account shows 3 phones in processing, the original Silver (which should show "Cancelled" status, plus an additional silver AND an additional gold, the last two with Ship Date 3/11 (translate, "deliver by 3/11").

I bet none of them ship and I end up standing in line for my local store to open Friday morning and buying one that way.

Then my bill will be a GIANT mess for the next six months while I straighten out all the false charges.

NOT Robin Jacobs fault, but Verizon is Incompetence squared (maybe cubed).
    Verizon always manages to break more things the more they try to "fix" issues. Head into your local BB and get one now w/ a free Gear VR and SD card instead. Unless you're absolutely dead set on getting the S2, which is likely to be gone by the time Verizon fixes your mess and gets you your phones.

YESS!!! My phone is showing as shipped!! tracking number not working yet but i'll check it later. Maybe i'll get it thursday UPS BTW
    Purchased Gold model on March 3rd, Credit Card withdrew on March 7th, Verizon notified me March 8th of shipping for anyone interested in date of purchase and what followed. Though Verizon initial date of shipping was suppose to be on the 11th, I'm happy it shipped early. Mine is being shipped by UPS
    Told you guys to wait... and I'm right! Yay DPRK!

Congrats guys!
    03-08-2016 02:25 PM
    I tried to chat with VZW and literally the only response was "I completely understand", even when that response made no sense whatsoever. They must have computers answering these questions because it was stuck in a loop

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-08-2016 02:25 PM
    I Completely Understand.
    03-08-2016 02:30 PM
    I tried to chat with VZW and literally the only response was "I completely understand", even when that response made no sense whatsoever. They must have computers answering these questions because it was stuck in a loop

Posted via the Android Central App
    I completely understand.
    Tj Holtgard and ClintRo like this.
    03-08-2016 02:30 PM
    S7e Silver shipped this afternoon. Ordered on the 26th online.

Did the Fedex Overnight shipping, scheduled tomorrow before 10:30am.
    03-08-2016 02:32 PM
    I Completely Understand.
    You old dog you...

S7e Silver shipped this afternoon. Ordered on the 26th online.

Did the Fedex Overnight shipping, scheduled tomorrow before 10:30am.
    GAHHHHHHHHH. The one time I don't do overnight!!!! AHHHHHH
    Tj Holtgard likes this.
    03-08-2016 02:33 PM
    You old dog you...

GAHHHHHHHHH. The one time I don't do overnight!!!! AHHHHHH
    When is yours coming?
    03-08-2016 02:36 PM
    "By the 11th"
    03-08-2016 02:38 PM
    2/29 phone order for silver....still nothing, and I mean nothing. No bank withdrawal, no tracking info, no ship date, not even a "hey, how you doin'?" I will receive mine probably sometime in May-June time frame haha... "By June 11th"
    Tj Holtgard likes this.
    03-08-2016 02:38 PM
    That gave me a much needed laugh!!
    03-08-2016 02:40 PM
    You put it in a case, you monster!

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom
    Only until I decide which insurance to pair with it. Then the case comes off!
    03-08-2016 02:41 PM
    Geek Squad.
    03-08-2016 02:41 PM
    When is yours coming?
    Tomorrow. No idea how that happened cause Verizon said no phones are being shipped out until the 11th...

"By the 11th"
    Shipping ON the 11th, not by... What kind of misinformed savage are you?

2/29 phone order for silver....still nothing, and I mean nothing. No bank withdrawal, no tracking info, no ship date, not even a "hey, how you doin'?" I will receive mine probably sometime in May-June time frame haha... "By June 11th"
    Put your SD card in your ear and see if that speeds things up? I mean we do have the fastest U3 card out there.
    03-08-2016 02:44 PM
    dont worry you arent alone, im very close on cancelling via the web and just going to worst buy but im hopeful it will change tonight.
    paulphilly likes this.
    03-08-2016 02:44 PM
    I was pleasantly surprised by how little bloatware Verizon preinstalled. I was expecting it to be much worse. Best of all - no Lookout installed. I hate that effing thing.
    03-08-2016 02:45 PM
    dont worry you arent alone, im very close on cancelling via the web and just going to worst buy but im hopeful it will change tonight.
    just got back from BB (picked up the samsung 128gb pro+ card they have on sale for 89.99!) but while I was there I had to play with the displays a little, and the gold they have on display looks awesome! it's hardly gold at all... more like tinted silver i literally had to hold the silver one up to it to tell it was gold. and from all the images and photos i've seen the ones shipping are very gold >? wonder whats up with that? i ordered silver but the gold one at my best buy was very cool....
    Has anyone else checked their shipment details- mine has been stuck in Ohio since this morning
    zainsikander32 likes this.
    03-08-2016 02:47 PM
    To totally change the subject of this thread, did any of you see that new Game of Thrones trailer? I think I saw a kingsmoot and Targaryen armor! Oh, and did Davos have Longclaw?

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program already in progress.
    03-08-2016 02:49 PM
    just got back from BB (picked up the samsung 128gb pro+ card they have on sale for 89.99!) but while I was there I had to play with the displays a little, and the gold they have on display looks awesome! it's hardly gold at all... more like tinted silver i literally had to hold the silver one up to it to tell it was gold. and from all the images and photos i've seen the ones shipping are very gold >? wonder whats up with that? i ordered silver but the gold one at my best buy has very cool....
    Has to do with how the camera picks up light. There were ton of pictures of the gold S6 floating around that looked like silver platinum, while others looked like it was copper. You absolutely have to see the silver and gold in person.

BTW, good work on the SD card. Was it a BB sale or a price match from Samsung's site? You can thank paulphilly for that and then laugh because his phone hasn't shipped yet...
    just got back from BB (picked up the samsung 128gb pro+ card they have on sale for 89.99!) but while I was there I had to play with the displays a little, and the gold they have on display looks awesome! it's hardly gold at all... more like tinted silver i literally had to hold the silver one up to it to tell it was gold. and from all the images and photos i've seen the ones shipping are very gold >? wonder whats up with that? i ordered silver but the gold one at my best buy has very cool....
    Yep. Noticed that as well. The color seems to actually be called Gold Platinum.
3,541 ... 8182838485 ...