08-13-2016 11:46 AM
3,541 ... 8687888990 ...
tools
    Hope. I didn't mess things up for myself today. Being Mr. Impatient, my tracking showed that my phone arrived at my local UPS hub, which is only 10 minutes from my house and was scheduled for tomorrow deliver. . It arrived at 10:30 this morning and, rather than having it just sit there all day and night until it got delivered later tomorrow afternoon, I decided to switch delivery option to be picked up right there and thought I could beat the system a day early. I was hoping after I did that then I'd shortly receive an email telling me that it's all ready to be picked up later today. But now it just says that the change is pending. So hoping worst case scenario I can just get it there tomorrow at 3:30 when it opens. But if I had just wanted patiently it would have probably been delivered to my house around 1 pm.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Your phone is one small box hand stacked on either a 53' or 28' trailer. There is currently no way for them to find your box and get it to you before tomorrow. The trailers probably won't start processing until around 3-4 tomorrow morning but you can pick it up at the center probably after 9 when the sort is down and the trucks roll
    Tj Holtgard likes this.
    03-08-2016 05:47 PM
    Your phone is one small box hand stacked on either a 53' or 28' trailer. There is currently no way for them to find your box and get it to you before tomorrow. The trailers probably won't start processing until around 3-4 tomorrow morning but you can pick it up at the center probably after 9 when the sort is down and the trucks roll
    Wow! You sound like you work at UPS or something!

Disclaimer: I know you work for UPS.
    03-08-2016 05:49 PM
    2/29 Silver still processing. Any 2/28 or sooner orders processed? I am so close to canceling my Silver and Pre-ordering the black as it still has a 3/11 ship date and will probably get delivered to me 20 minutes after purchase
    What are your must haves apps, things to do new out of box. Coming from a droid.

Bull. Korea doesn't have enough technology to know who I work for.
    cbugzeee likes this.
    03-08-2016 05:51 PM
    My S7 edge is now at a FedEx sorting facility literally five miles from my condo.

Grrr. I hope that means early delivery.
    kstout2013 likes this.
    03-08-2016 05:52 PM

Glad mine is coming from FedEx.
    03-08-2016 06:05 PM
    2/29 Silver still processing. Any 2/28 or sooner orders processed? I am so close to canceling my Silver and Pre-ordering the black as it still has a 3/11 ship date and will probably get delivered to me 20 minutes after purchase
    I thought I saw a couple of 2/28 and 29 folks. Not a lot though. Gear S2 a must? Otherwise.. BB and people can have a phone right now. In your case, a week before the launch of the S8, whether you go to a BB or not .

What are your must haves apps, things to do new out of box. Coming from a droid.

I played around with Package Disabler Pro today on my Note 5 and I am in love. This is definitely a must-have.

Disable bloatware (PDP is a godsend!)
    Change application permissions and notifications
    Apply theme
    Ringtones
    Wallpapers
    Reconnect Gear S2

Ah too much to list. All I know is I'll be gone for about 2 hours after the phone is delivered tomorrow.

Bull. Korea doesn't have enough technology to know who I work for.
    Ahem... SONY... *cough* I don't admit to anything...

My S7 edge is now at a FedEx sorting facility literally five miles from my condo.

Closer you live to the sorting facility, the longer it takes!
    03-08-2016 06:06 PM

You would be surprised that it is usually not the case.
    03-08-2016 06:10 PM
    Yeah well mine is just leaving Ohio after being there since early or oh my gosh!- fun times
    03-08-2016 06:11 PM
    Ups says my Silver will be here tomorrow 3/9... I ordered on 2/26

Note the app gave me a tracking number.... The link that I got in my order confirmation email still says shipping on 3/11.....
    Personally I believe Ups on this one.
    03-08-2016 06:11 PM
    You would be surprised that it is usually not the case.
    I will run down there in the morning and give them "the look" until they give me my device. Or I can request to hold it there on the FedEx app, which I already did.
    03-08-2016 06:15 PM
    Mine decided to be picked up and hang out in Memphis the last 36 hours.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom
    03-08-2016 06:17 PM
    I completely understand you don't understand.

1. I'm sure you'll get one if you're getting your phone if you're getting the phone tomorrow or the day after that.

2. ILLUMINATI!

3. I wouldn't hold my breath for the Samsung browser or WhitePages. If they do come around, it'll take awhile. Thank Verizon for that crap. Stupid Verizon.

4. Spigen cases are dirt cheap on Amazon. They also work well. http://www.amazon.com/Spigen%C2%AE-R...cUvbUpU5043786
    Drosul didn't order until 3/5 he waited until then? Give me a break he shouldn't get a gift for waiting for so long.
    03-08-2016 06:17 PM
    I'm getting jealous! I don't get mine til Thursday!

03-08-2016 06:19 PM
    Thank you weirdohappy. So this particular ups location is a distribution center and is only open for 3 hours a day from 3:30 pm until 6:30 pm. Do you think I can just go back online and cancel the pick up and it will just go back to being delivered early tomorrow or would it be too late and possibly mess things up?

03-08-2016 06:21 PM
    I will run down there in the morning and give them "the look" until they give me my device. Or I can request to hold it there on the FedEx app, which I already did.

Do you live in Memphis though?

Drosul didn't order until 3/5 he waited until then? Give me a break he shouldn't get a gift for waiting for so long.
    Whoa he waited until then? Uhm... GL getting a S2?
    JHStewart1023 and jalonda73 like this.
    03-08-2016 06:21 PM

Mine did the same thing. I'm guessing Verizon had two trailers they were loading and only one left the warehouse yesterday. I think mine got on the second one, though it left Louisville this afternoon around 3:30
    03-08-2016 06:22 PM
    Preordered on 3-5. Black GS7E

Have a UPS tracking # as of 1pm today, although nothing to report on actual tracking or estimated delivery date....Likely means that the phone was merely scanned and on the VZW truck to be sent to UPS for sorting in Memphis, but not actually in UPS' possession yet.

Haven't really seen if anyone has a newer preorder than 3/5 actually getting sent out, so figured it was worth mentioning =)

As for some side notes.....

1. I'm going to be massively upset if I don't end up getting that smart watch from the promo.... I had 2 different VZW CSRs confirm that I would... and truth be told, that promo was the ONLY reason I'm upgrading my phone at all, since I'm planning on selling the watch on Ebay to help cover the additional cost of the phone. And as far as I'm concerned, if Samsung cheaps out on the watches, those two CSRs make Verizon liable for my watch.... or the price difference thereof. Also I wonder if Samsung's recent editing of the fine print, from 300,000 units to 35,000 watches.... just means that they are honoring watches for preorders before they changed the fine print, and that only 35,000 remained after editing.

2. I find it entirely too suspicious that I was having tons of problems with my relatively ancient Galaxy Nexus the past month or so (which is what was prompting me to even look at finally using my upgrade).... including loss of data connection, frequent device crashes crashes, and general device sluggishness.... Since confirming my order for the GS7E, however, my GNEX has miraculously started working flawlessly again....

3. Samsung Pay, WhitePages, and Samsung Stock browser hopefully we can get working versions going on the 11th

4. I need a cheap case that provides actual drop protection... I've seen a few of the leather ones that are half wallets for $5-$15.... anyone confirm they do ok vs Drops?
    You waited until 3/5 to pre-order? Quit your complaining. I ordered way before you and I'm not complaining.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    03-08-2016 06:23 PM
    My life

Attached Thumbnails S7 Edge - Verizon preorders-26253.jpg  
    03-08-2016 06:24 PM
    Mine did the same thing. I'm guessing Verizon had two trailers they were loading and only one left the warehouse yesterday. I think mine got on the second one, though it left Louisville this afternoon around 3:30
    I just noticed mine shipped too. That's a long dang drive to Montana.

03-08-2016 06:24 PM
    Thank you weirdohappy. So this particular ups location is a distribution center and is only open for 3 hours a day from 3:30 pm until 6:30 pm. Do you think I can just go back online and cancel the pick up and it will just go back to being delivered early tomorrow or would it be too late and possibly mess things up?

From my understanding you can change the delivery option up until they start processing the preload, which is when they unload the trailer and start loading the brown trucks. So you should be fine as long as you do it before like 2:30 am
    03-08-2016 06:29 PM
    My life

Fan of kpop eh?
    03-08-2016 06:29 PM
    WOA a cheap case for an 800 phone?! Now even I being the penny pincher I am knows that you need to spend more than 10-15 on a case- not to mention screen protection. It makes me sick to see people don't take the extra money and get a case and a screen protector for their phones- and you're worried about getting a galaxy gear?! Ack!
    03-08-2016 06:33 PM
    I just noticed mine shipped too. That's a long dang drive to Montana.

If it scanned out of Louisville then it's on a plane, not a truck
    03-08-2016 06:33 PM
3,541 ... 8687888990 ...