S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge - Verizon preorders are live.

I just ordered my S7 edge in Silver Titanium with an expected delivery by 8 PM on March 11. I hope it comes sooner. The only shipping method available was free 2 day shipping.

Is anyone by passing the gear s2 for the vr? The reason why I'm asking is I'm preordering from T-Mobile and I have no use for the vr. I want the watch though. I would send the vr to whomever and pay for shipping of the watch to myself and send extra money to you on top via PayPal or whatever.

I also really want that $99 bundle if anyone isn't getting it and I'll give someone $150. I wish T-Mobile would over these things. I would consider switching to Verizon but I hate the no simultaneous talk and data. Plus it's way more expensive on big red

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone by passing the gear s2 for the vr? The reason why I'm asking is I'm preordering from T-Mobile and I have no use for the vr. I want the watch though. I would send the vr to whomever and pay for shipping of the watch to myself and send extra money to you on top via PayPal or whatever.

I also really want that $99 bundle if anyone isn't getting it and I'll give someone $150. I wish T-Mobile would over these things. I would consider switching to Verizon but I hate the no simultaneous talk and data. Plus it's way more expensive on big red
Verizon has simultaneous talk and data fyi

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Verizon has simultaneous talk and data fyi

It must be in certain areas then. My gf has the iPhone 6 and whenever she is on the phone the texts go through green (therefore iMessage isn't working since it uses data) and we have the find my friends thing so if I try to see where she is at it won't work until she is off the phone. Plus I've tried using hers for directions while on the phone with someone and negative. Can't do it

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

I don't even get the option to enter a promo code when trying to upgrade to the S7 Edge. Ugh....

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

My only concern is when you go to that offer link the S2 isn't listed. Just the VR, which I'm not interested in at all. And of course Verizon beats around the bush when it comes to a straight up answer.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

If you read the offer Rules, it does actually state that the Gear S2 is a gift option for those ordering from vzw.com. It does also state that the entire promotion has 300,000 gifts available, so I don't know what that means for everyone...

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Verizon free S2

So VZW is offering an option of the S2 or the Gear VR.

A new Gear VR only costs $99. The S2 is going on eBay for at least $200. Any reason I couldn't get the S2 for free, sell it on eBay, then buy the VR and come out a $100 on top?

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

It must be in certain areas then. My gf has the iPhone 6 and whenever she is on the phone the texts go through green (therefore iMessage isn't working since it uses data) and we have the find my friends thing so if I try to see where she is at it won't work until she is off the phone. Plus I've tried using hers for directions while on the phone with someone and negative. Can't do it

You have to activate it on the iPhone under Settings -> Cellular -> Enable LTE -> Voice & Data. The default is Data only.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon free S2

So VZW is offering an option of the S2 or the Gear VR.

A new Gear VR only costs $99. The S2 is going on eBay for at least $200. Any reason I couldn't get the S2 for free, sell it on eBay, then buy the VR and come out a $100 on top?
Sure you could do that.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Cant you opt for payment plan and then pay it off after first payment? Best of all worlds?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Cant you opt for payment plan and then pay it off after first payment? Best of all worlds?
Yes, I have paid off multiple dpp orders in the past after it shipped but before I even received the phone.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Tried to order. No screen for VR or Gear2. UPDATE still works. My current plan does not qualify for extra 2GB.

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

You have to activate it on the iPhone under Settings -> Cellular -> Enable LTE -> Voice & Data. The default is Data only.

Once she gets home I'm going through that phone haha. How is Verizon? I had att for awhile not have T-Mobile but T-Mobile is hit and miss. Data is usually good. Calls drop a bit and FaceTime doesn't work all that well with T-Mobile. Choppy a lot. Verizon simultaneous v/d only works on lte right? Is lte pretty stable? With att and T-Mobile I have had it drop down to 4g here and there while on a phone and of course that does v/d fine but what about Verizon? Does it drop to 3G a decent amount? I understand where you are located in the states is a factor but just wondering what everyone has experienced? Also is there anyway to get deals on plans? (Knowing Verizon probably not) I have unlimited and I only use 10gb max. But paying $130/mo seems ridiculous. Any one know how to get that price down?

Thanks for the info

Any idea if Verizon deletes the labs part in settings? I have heard att did at least on their demo units.

Update: ladies and gents, graphixx30 was correct. It was on data only. I'm such an amateur.

Last edited:

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

How is Verizon?

I don't have any issue with Verizon in my area (Central New Jersey). I have LTE everywhere I go except for some grocery stores where it will drop to 3G. Yes, you need to be on LTE for voice & data to work. The only way to get deals on plans (as far as I know) is to have an employer discount, I get 24% off my plan because my husband works for UPS.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I want the VR. I am worried though with only 300k offers there will be a lot of unhappy people. You have to upload your receipt plus phone info starting March 4, but most of us won't have the device till March 11.

Posted via the Android Central App

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I don't have any issue with Verizon in my area (Central New Jersey). I have LTE everywhere I go except for some grocery stores where it will drop to 3G. Yes, you need to be on LTE for voice & data to work. The only way to get deals on plans (as far as I know) is to have an employer discount, I get 24% off my plan because my husband works for UPS.

Thank you for the info.. I need to get that discount lol.
I haven't had Verizon since 2007 when I jumped ship to get the iPhone so I haven't kept up with them. I know they have lte pretty much everywhere so that helps with voice and data. I'm just worried about when I'm on a phone call and it randomly jumps down to 3G and I need to look up directions or emails or info for something. I know att and T-Mobile sometimes would jump down from lte to 4g on a call. Not always but randomly. So I was wondering how often that happens for the people
That have it.

omahaorange

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Interesting discussion. FWIW I pre-ordered my S7 Edge through Verizon on 02/23 (Tuesday). I ordered mine over the phone after checking out on their web site. Girl that took my order was awesome. She gave a choice of phone colors, and a choice for the promotional item (VR or watch), which, according to her, is only valid when using the Edge Program. I picked the watch, as I have no interest in the VR. She assured me I would have the phone on March 11, delivered to my door. She said she would have the watch shipped immediately, as it is compatible with my S4, and this would give me a chance to play with the watch and see if I liked it. They shipped the watch and case I ordered that day, and I got it on the 25th. It took 46 minutes on the phone, but when it was all said and done she cut me a deal (on her own, I didn't ask) on my line (account has three phones and two tablets already,and I'm replacing my phone with this one) and the monthly plan charge for the watch (it has its own phone number) so the total increase to my bill for the phone and the watch was only $13.

There's something to be said for talking to a real person sometimes!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Interesting discussion. FWIW I pre-ordered my S7 Edge through Verizon on 02/23 (Tuesday). I ordered mine over the phone after checking out on their web site. Girl that took my order was awesome. She gave a choice of phone colors, and a choice for the promotional item (VR or watch), which, according to her, is only valid when using the Edge Program. I picked the watch, as I have no interest in the VR. She assured me I would have the phone on March 11, delivered to my door. She said she would have the watch shipped immediately, as it is compatible with my S4, and this would give me a chance to play with the watch and see if I liked it. They shipped the watch and case I ordered that day, and I got it on the 25th. It took 46 minutes on the phone, but when it was all said and done she cut me a deal (on her own, I didn't ask) on my line (account has three phones and two tablets already,and I'm replacing my phone with this one) and the monthly plan charge for the watch (it has its own phone number) so the total increase to my bill for the phone and the watch was only $13.

Meanwhile, people who preordered the S7 edge on T-Mobile will have their's this Tuesday.

omahaorange

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Meanwhile, people who preordered the S7 edge on T-Mobile will have their's this Tuesday.

I'm okay with that. Verizon offers the best service in my area. I've been due for an upgrade since last October (putting it off because I haven't liked what was out there), so I can wait another two weeks. Already got the watch. The phone is due to be here (not shipped, but delivered) on the official release date. Do the math: the S7 Edge on the monthly payment is $33.00. The service plan for the watch is $10 per month. My bill goes up $13.00 per month. The reason I went with the Edge rather than the S7. All because I talked to a real live person. Go figure.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

The iPhone 6+ has the radios for simultaneous talk/data on Version. Not the 6 or any other version.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

So... You somehow bypassed the whole Samsung Promotions portion of the offer from Verizon.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois