S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Annnndddd my shipment date changed to 3/31 now. Silver s7e. Not sure what to do now. From reading posts on here, it sounds like the CSRs aren't much help, so I don't want to call in.

Posted via the Android Central App

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
On my phone the My Verizon app says my "shipment date" is 11/17/1858!!!

Huh???

You'd think it would have been here by now 150 years later.

But seriously, does anyone (hint, hint, Joe the Insider) know what this means?

It means you'll have to find a Flux capacitor and go back in time...

Lol

It means the system is definitely glitchy.

I was actually just told that any orders from today on will ship by 3/31, But any orders placed before 3/1, Will arrive on or before 3/11. When Verizon changed the date on the site, It also changed everybody's delivery date on their orders.

I will confirm all this tomorrow either way.

xxryu139xx

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Lol

I was actually just told that any orders from today on will ship by 3/31, But any orders placed before 3/1, Will arrive on or before 3/11. When Verizon changed the date on the site, It also changed everybody's delivery date on their orders.

i hope you are right. that is a more believable answer to this.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Edge with upgrade is 299 + Tax - so in CA it's 400 out the door. In my book that's 1/2 of 800 bucks, thus my Q - who wants to pay 800 for a phone you can get for 4 if you have an upgrade.
--------------------------
Quote Originally Posted by terrain View Post
I would worry less about them running out of S2's and more about paying verizon over 800 for your $299 edge. Who wants to pay Verizon 800 bucks over two years just to get a smart watch that by most accounts is less than impressive.
What? The S7 Edge costs $13 more on Verizon than it does on T-Mobile ($792 vs. $779) so I'm not sure what you mean by "$299 edge." And I'll take the Gear S2 over the VR every time - even if you don't want the S2, you can probably sell it for more money than the VR, especially since everybody and their mother is going to be trying to sell the free VR.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

Lol

So I just got off the phone with a CSR who now said my ship date is 3-31. Yet I placed my pre-order the first day it went active. What the hell is going on here?

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yep - they are trying to unload the S2's - I can imagine with the dismal sell through they have truck loads to unload.
Just got off the phone with Verizon. She told me that the silver s7 edge is extremely back ordered. She checked with her supervisor and she said the March 31st is not a glitch and that it could get pushed out even more. Also the Samsung promo for the watch will not be honored in the store is we cancel our preorders. And that the watch Samsung is sending us is the Bluetooth one not the 3G.

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine to be shipped to my house. Wonder if I cancelled that order and had a phone shipped to store if I would get it sooner? And I wonder if any Corp stores will even have silver on the 11th, in store?

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Edge with upgrade is 299 + Tax - so in CA it's 400 out the door. In my book that's 1/2 of 800 bucks, thus my Q - who wants to pay 800 for a phone you can get for 4 if you have an upgrade.
--------------------------
Quote Originally Posted by terrain View Post
I would worry less about them running out of S2's and more about paying verizon over 800 for your $299 edge. Who wants to pay Verizon 800 bucks over two years just to get a smart watch that by most accounts is less than impressive.
What? The S7 Edge costs $13 more on Verizon than it does on T-Mobile ($792 vs. $779) so I'm not sure what you mean by "$299 edge." And I'll take the Gear S2 over the VR every time - even if you don't want the S2, you can probably sell it for more money than the VR, especially since everybody and their mother is going to be trying to sell the free VR.

With an "upgrade" you're still paying for the full price of the phone (~$800), it's just that the remainder of the balance less the $299 is subsidized in your 2-year contract. Whether you use an upgrade (and sign a 2-year contract), pay for the phone outright, or do a device payment plan you're paying the full price of the phone. Some people just prefer to pay for the phone outright so they're not stuck in a contract and to have a lower monthly bill.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I ordered mine to be shipped to my house. Wonder if I cancelled that order and had a phone shipped to store if I would get it sooner? And I wonder if any Corp stores will even have silver on the 11th, in store?

Do not do this. You will only delay your order in line further.

Ray Shaffer

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I just spent 1 hour on the phone with a Verizon rep to tell he he has no clue why the dates was changed and they did some kinda order ticket to the warehouse to find out what's going on but he said no matter what do not cancel and re order as that would put me in the back of the line , and I told him if that happens they will here from me every day going forward I ordered the 23rd at 8 am when pre orders opened up so who knows what's really going on they have no clue .....

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
On my phone the My Verizon app says my "shipment date" is 11/17/1858!!!

Huh???

You'd think it would have been here by now 150 years later.

But seriously, does anyone (hint, hint, Joe the Insider) know what this means?

Even if it takes 150 years for us to get our S7s, we'll still have them before Verizon users get their hands on the Blackberry Priv.

Ray Shaffer

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I just want what's right for everyone we pay a premium price for our service and when we pre order something we are to get by the date stated so if we all don't we dam well better get some free stuff bill credits what ever its not right when t mobile and att and sprint are all shipping there's now and we are just sitting here screwed, I have no patience what so ever lol

SprintFun

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
If you go the subsidized 2 year contract route your line fee goes from 20/month to 40/month. So yea, you basically pay the full price of the phone ($780).

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Samsung - Galaxy S7 edge 32GB - Silver Titanium (Verizon Wireless) is listed on the best buy site as Sold out online now. My preorder with best buy for it is still listed as processing with a 3/11 expected release date.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
This was a CSR having fun with you, or being very mis-informed...there is no way this is true

I was making what I thought was a facetious joke but I think we get such strange responses from the companies that it was apparently almost believable.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
With an "upgrade" you're still paying for the full price of the phone (~$800), it's just that the remainder of the balance less the $299 is subsidized in your 2-year contract. Whether you use an upgrade (and sign a 2-year contract), pay for the phone outright, or do a device payment plan you're paying the full price of the phone. Some people just prefer to pay for the phone outright so they're not stuck in a contract and to have a lower monthly bill.

How do you figure? I paid 400 and my monthly increased by zero dollars and zero cents.