S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
If you go the subsidized 2 year contract route your line fee goes from 20/month to 40/month. So yea, you basically pay the full price of the phone ($780).

Actually it does not -- not for me in any case. I have unlimited data plans and an old family share plan -- my line fee was and still is 9 bucks 99 cents per month. It's good for Samsung to see so many folks who are willing to pay 800 bucks ... for me not so much.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Actually it does not -- not for me in any case. I have unlimited data plans and an old family share plan -- my line fee was and still is 9 bucks 99 cents per month.
In which case, the subsidy is permanently built in to your plan so yeah, for you it'll always make more sense to get it on contract. On most of the new plans, you get a discount only if you don't do a contract. Comes out to be about the same amount though

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, I kept my Silver pre-order and ordered another black one tonight in case the silver doesn't ship, I sold my Note 4 and am rocking an old S3, it's painful. Let's hope we get some better info tomorrow on this, always something with Verizon.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
How do you figure? I paid 400 and my monthly increased by zero dollars and zero cents.

I don't know what carrier you're on and I don't know what plans they offer, but the cost of the phone is worked into your monthly bill for the duration of your contract whether you know it or not. They are not giving you an $800 phone for $299 plus tax even though that's what most people think.

On Verizon, for example, if you decide to go the the subsidized 2-year contract route, your monthly bill is more expensive than if you are out of contract (when you're contract runs out and you don't use an "upgrade").

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Interestingly, if I go to the Verizon app on my phone, it lists the ship date as the comical 11-17-1858. If I follow the "check order status" link in my email, it gives me 3/11 for my black S7 and 3/31 for my husband's silver S7 edge. If I go to Verizon's site on my laptop and check order status, it says they're still processing and no further information is available.

killing me.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
If you go the subsidized 2 year contract route your line fee goes from 20/month to 40/month. So yea, you basically pay the full price of the phone ($780).

The 24 month plan cost $13 more over the two years for yhe s7 edge. Payment plan is better IMO.

Posted via the Android Central App

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Lmfao!!

03d8572ae541a6e09647580681165a10.jpg

capncoad

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
On my phone the My Verizon app says my "shipment date" is 11/17/1858!!!

Huh???

You'd think it would have been here by now 150 years later.

But seriously, does anyone (hint, hint, Joe the Insider) know what this means?

Samsung's "One More Thing..."

"Time travel capabilities!"

Apple fans: "omg can't Samsung come up with ideas of their own? Time travel? That's so last year"

clippers8200

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've been going back and forth on pre-ordering and just going to a store on 3/11- especially because I have a P.O. Box and probably won't be able to get it until 3/14 even if it comes on 3/11. Is the S2 offer also valid with an in store purchase? Or are only Gear VRs going to be promoted in store? I'd rather just buy in store, but if G2 is exclusively available via online pre-order, then I'll just have to deal with it.

Thanks!

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been going back and forth on pre-ordering and just going to a store on 3/11- especially because I have a P.O. Box and probably won't be able to get it until 3/14 even if it comes on 3/11. Is the S2 offer also valid with an in store purchase? Or are only Gear VRs going to be promoted in store? I'd rather just buy in store, but if G2 is exclusively available via online pre-order, then I'll just have to deal with it.

Thanks!
Online only for Gear S2

doxidad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
SHIPMENT DATE
11/17/1858
Wow it looks like they are using OpenVMS as their OS.
That date is zero time in OpenVMS (the binary date field has zeros in it)!.
Been using this OS everyday for 38 years so this jumped right out at me - yeah I'm old.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Joe, please let us know what the heck is going on here. For those of us who pre-ordered the first or second day of pre-orders will we actually have to wait three more weeks past general availability to get our silver Edge's???

If so, that's just appalling.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
And to add insult to injury? Sprint and ATT are shipping early. Talk about a smack in the face!

Very disappointing.

Also notable is that the cutoff for ordering the VR/gear 2 is the 31st and you seem to need your phone on-hand to do this. Shipping it to us on the 31st is not going to cut it.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Very disappointing.

Also notable is that the cutoff for ordering the VR/gear 2 is the 31st and you seem to need your phone on-hand to do this. Shipping it to us on the 31st is not going to cut it.

I have to agree. I have two lines upgrading. If this holds true and I miss out on the freebies I am going to be PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Very disappointing.

And that's if supplies last that long...

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I caved and called Verizon. Oh mylanta. So according to the rep I spoke to, these devices from pre-orders are actually being shipped from Samsung, not Verizon. And the reason shipment dates are changing from 3/11 to 3/31 is because Samsung doesn't have the supply. So, riddle me this- what is the point of a pre-order? All other big carriers are shipping early, yet Verizon isn't and now I have to possibly wait an extra 20 days? She kept trying to tell me that all these other carriers shipping early, are shipping out potentially buggy devices and I was better off to wait for the later batch of phones.

Verizon. Sucks.

berryabusr88

May 5, 2014
Visit site
OMG FML I won't have my edge on the 11th. Someone get me a razor blade. Shipment info is still 3/11 although some have said it has changed to the 31st

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC