S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

capncoad

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
The Verizon rep I talked to last night said the silver S7 edge had a record number of preorders.

It's possible. It's a nice color. I would say that if this isn't figured out by this evening, i'll probably switch my order over to black. I've been hearing good things about black anyway and the color isn't a huge deal.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick little note to remind everyone to chill a little on the mocking comments (a.k.a the "#firstwordproblems", "omg how do you handle real issues", etc.) -- It just isn't needed. There is nothing wrong with people being excited to get a new phone and finding it a little frustrating when ordering from a big company (like Verizon) and they can't get their information / ship date right. Especially since some people may have already gotten rid of their other phone and were waiting for this as their replacement.

Not everyone's situation is the same :).

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
It's possible. It's a nice color. I would say that if this isn't figured out by this evening, i'll probably switch my order over to black. I've been hearing good things about black anyway and the color isn't a huge deal.

I switched colors because color isn't an issue for me. I put my phones in cases anyways.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I switched colors because color isn't an issue for me. I put my phones in cases anyways.

I am fighting the urge to do this right now. I am hoping this is all just a huge mix up with VZW.... I have always had a black phone and wanted to try something different with the Silver. Looks like VZW might make me stay the course with another black phone if they don't quickly pull their heads out of their asses.

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
My husband has half considered switching colors too, but here's the thing, or I guess the 2 things-1. if everyone gets upset and switches to black, how do we know the ship date won't get pushed back for the black also? and 2. If enough people leave the silver, maybe they'll have enough and it will ship. lol.

Assuming, anyway, that the problem really is a supply issue and that they really won't ship until the end of the month.

I feel worse about the gear S2 because he was really excited. I'm getting a black S7 though and I'm getting the S2, so if his is messed up, I will just give him mine as I already have a FitBit Charge HR. It would have been cool though. I just can't deal with him being disappointed in his phone being so late and then adding the insult of not getting the S2, on top of my phone coming on time and him not having his. :(

cwoms167

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
My friend just got his phone from att...

Delivered to his house 5 minutes ago along with a free connected gear s2 unlike the Bluetooth one we are getting

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
My husband has half considered switching colors too, but here's the thing, or I guess the 2 things-1. if everyone gets upset and switches to black, how do we know the ship date won't get pushed back for the black also? and 2. If enough people leave the silver, maybe they'll have enough and it will ship. lol.

Assuming, anyway, that the problem really is a supply issue and that they really won't ship until the end of the month.

I feel worse about the gear S2 because he was really excited. I'm getting a black S7 though and I'm getting the S2, so if his is messed up, I will just give him mine as I already have a FitBit Charge HR. It would have been cool though. I just can't deal with him being disappointed in his phone being so late and then adding the insult of not getting the S2, on top of my phone coming on time and him not having his. :(

You could have wrote this for me! I feel the same way. My husband's excitement I'll just hope his comes before mine

Posted via the Android Central App

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Considering the amount of people who visit these types of forums and/or religiously check their order status weeks ahead of the stated launch like us vs people who just order the thing and then forget about it I don't think we will be seeing a mass migration to the black color ;).

Anyways I switched to the black since I was having a tough time deciding between the 2 colors anyways. Just checked it and my ship date is at 3/11. I wish they would figure out just what that means though as the store page says delivered by 3/11, and when choosing a shipping method they all say delivered on 3/11, but when you get the status page it says ships on 3/11....whatever, just like every other time something similar has happened none of us will really think about this in a month or so ;)

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
how much did you guys pay for the preorder? the whole thing or part?

The pre-order promotion requires a device payment plan (we think) so most of us only paid taxes on the device up front - the rest of the cost will be split up in monthly payments over 24 months (unless it's paid off early).

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Maybe my phone will be there by then......

hahahahaha

Well just think of how exciting it is when you get a new phone, it just means we'll be the lucky ones who get to experience while everyone else has to suffer with having that feeling much earlier than us.................yeah still doesn't make it better ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908