S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

jumboadam

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Had an order placed the 29th but had to change my card and wait till today to activate so i called yesterday and the guy told me to cancel my order and place it tomorrow and that everything should work out fine. Just my luck that I ordered today and now it's not going to come until 4 weeks from now and I'm going to miss the window for the free watch.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm just going to wait and check the Verizon corporate stores on the 11th. I'm sure you can get the silver there.
Not going to pre order now with a date of the 31st.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Had an order placed the 29th but had to change my card and wait till today to activate so i called yesterday and the guy told me to cancel my order and place it tomorrow and that everything should work out fine. Just my luck that I ordered today and now it's not going to come until 4 weeks from now and I'm going to miss the window for the free watch.

Go to your local corporate Verizon store on the 11th. I'm pretty sure it'll have a few silver S7 edges for sale. Get there early.

Ray Shaffer

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I was told so many bs lines over the past 24 hours I don't know what is true or not but mine is back to the 3 11 as well this is nuts

Posted via the Android Central App

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Mine are back too except for the weird 1858 date. I'm personally in favor of the 1858 delivery.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

I've been battling with Verizon. I pre ordered over the phone on the 23rd. Cancelled it to order online. For almost a week they never cancelled it. Until today so I hope I don't get pushed back.

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I've been battling with Verizon. I pre ordered over the phone on the 23rd. Cancelled it to order online. For almost a week they never cancelled it. Until today so I hope I don't get pushed back.

when you ordered today, when did they say it would ship?

I'm pre-ordering on Friday after a fight with verizon the past few weeks about discounts... but if its not going to get here till the end of march, I won't pre-order and just walk into a store on the 11th...

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what carrier you're on and I don't know what plans they offer, but the cost of the phone is worked into your monthly bill for the duration of your contract whether you know it or not. They are not giving you an $800 phone for $299 plus tax even though that's what most people think.

On Verizon, for example, if you decide to go the the subsidized 2-year contract route, your monthly bill is more expensive than if you are out of contract (when you're contract runs out and you don't use an "upgrade").

It doesn't change your monthly payment to get the $400 phone through Best Buy. The "catch" is that you are stuck on a 2-year contact and you have to pay the money up front. Lots of us have done it and we aren't incompetent or getting scammed.

As an added bonus, if you're a Best Buy rewards customer, you get a nice chunk of points for buying your phone through the store.

Posted via Android Central App

SprintFun

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
It absolutely changes your payment if you new to Verizon. 20/month per line if you're on the device payment plan vs 40/line if you aren't.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
when you ordered today, when did they say it would ship?

I'm pre-ordering on Friday after a fight with verizon the past few weeks about discounts... but if its not going to get here till the end of march, I won't pre-order and just walk into a store on the 11th...

So after waiting the 24 hours again. I still can't do it. I talked to CS and they stated that no one manually cancelled the order. but it wasn't at the point where I could cancel the cancel. I just want my dang phone. If I wasn't sitting with a junked out one right now I would be fine with whenever. She did state that I should still get the s2's and it should be delivered on time. I'm still debating on switching colors now from silver to gold considering everyone's issues. So now I need to wait another 24 hours. If and when I can do it online if it states the deliver will be later I'll just wait til its in store.

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
It doesn't change your monthly payment to get the $400 phone through Best Buy. The "catch" is that you are stuck on a 2-year contact and you have to pay the money up front. Lots of us have done it and we aren't incompetent or getting scammed.

As an added bonus, if you're a Best Buy rewards customer, you get a nice chunk of points for buying your phone through the store.

Posted via Android Central App

In addition to that, i've been out of contract for a year and a half, Verizon didn't discount my plan once the contract was up.