S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
One Verizon rep told me in February we would have the information we needed in an email at the beginning of March. Since registration for or Samsung gifts begins tomorrow I would hope, if true, we get email today. Not holding my breath! In fact I will be surprised if I get my S7 edge on time next week.

Posted via the Android Central App

doxidad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Do we have to have our new S7 edge in hand before we sign up for the free VR/Gear S2 Verizon promotion or will our preorders be enough?

This may have been answered somewhere in this thread, but it's 20 pages long now.

According to the sales guy, when I ordered mine, he said that when it ships we would get a tracking email. In this email there will be a code to enter into the Samsung site.

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
According to the sales guy, when I ordered mine, he said that when it ships we would get a tracking email. In this email there will be a code to enter into the Samsung site.

I hope that's true, that would certainly make it more fair, but then this is life and this is Verizon so I'm not banking on that lol

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Come on... It's huge lettering.. Frankly I don't even like the big "Samsung" name on front and back, but I get why. I'll probably just cover the back with a skin of one sort or the other anyway.

I wish Samsung did the freebies like LG did. Anyone who bought a phone from any legit source was able to get the free batteries and leather backs even well after the promo ended.
There's 3 freebies....

FREE Gear S2 watch
FREE VR Headset
FREE Samsung Wireless charger when setting up Samsung pay.

Plus there's always deals when you go through setting up a Samsung account.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
There's 3 freebies....

FREE Gear S2 watch
FREE VR Headset
FREE Samsung Wireless charger when setting up Samsung pay.

Plus there's always deals when you go through setting up a Samsung account.

The promo for the wireless charger ends before the 11th so I don't think vzw will get them

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm a guy and got silver and if you ask me, The silver is more masculine then feminine. The hold is definitely a more feminine color.

P. S. I had the gold S6 so this isn't a calling anyone a girl..

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I was told by my Samsung rep that it's going to be extended. So do it as soon as you receive the device.

Thanks Joe! You've been a life saver. Took me an hr to sort through my issues today it was computer problem and the lady that helped me was amazing!

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
@Joe the Insider

Right now VZW is offering $100 to switch to verizon and getting an s7. Do you know if that is $100 per phone or $100 per account?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Joe! You've been a life saver. Took me an hr to sort through my issues today it was computer problem and the lady that helped me was amazing!

Its too bad big companies like Verizon have 1 in 10 shots to get someone knowledgeable and helpful.

Dan Franchini

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm a guy and got silver and if you ask me, The silver is more masculine then feminine. The hold is definitely a more feminine color.

P. S. I had the gold S6 so this isn't a calling anyone a girl..
I'm a guy and I got the gold. I'm guessing I won't get any more abuse than I got when I had a red Lumia 920. I had a buddy ask if the Lumia 920 came with a free lipstick (solid burn).

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok - Ordered Silver Edge on 3-1 with est ship date of 3/31......... have been trying to get some clarification on promo for gear s2 but have been told 4 diff things from VZW reps.... the last thing I was told is that "don't worry, the s2 will ship when phone ships" which I know is utterly false since you have to register on Samsung sight starting tomorrow at 10am to qualify for free S2-

My first question is it looks like only VZW is offering free GearS2 but the only carrier not yet shipping early, so why samsung starts the promo reg process for VZW S2 Gear (as only VZW is offering the S2 online promo) on March 4th when at this time no one will be able to register with VZW promo code until 3/11..............

"THE PURCHASE PERIOD AND REDEMPTION PERIOD: The “Purchase Period” begins on
February 23, 2016 and ends on March 18, 2016 or while supplies last, whichever occurs first.
A valid “Offer Claim Form” must be submitted (as set forth in Section 3) online between March
4, 2016 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and March 31, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM ET, or while
supplies last, whichever occurs first
" -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

Participants full name on the official Offer Claim Form must match the name on the
valid original Qualifying Purchase receipt submitted.
ii. Enter the date of the Qualifying Purchase.
iii. Enter the IMEI number of the Qualifying Purchase.
iv. Enter the Wi-Fi MAC address of the Qualifying Purchase.
v. Submit his/her original register receipt on the Website documenting the Qualifying
Purchase by following the on-screen prompts to upload a photograph or .PDF of the
original register receipt showing the Qualifying Purchase. It is recommended that
Participant first print his/her complete name on the original register receipt, sign and
date the receipt, and circle the Qualifying Purchase on the receipt before uploading the
receipt. The file must be in .JPEG, .JPG, .GIF, or .PDF format and may not exceed 5
MB. Online Offer Claim Forms and receipt must be submitted by 11:59:59 PM ET
on March 31, 2016 to be valid." ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just checked my order status and still showing eta as 3/31 although I did recive a box from FEDex today from VZW to return my trade in device I used for $100 credit..... on vzw web page it shows new orders for silver edge are still showing eta for 3/31 although some members who ordered the silver have had the eta date changed back to 3/11, I pre-ordered on 3/1 so mine still says 3/31.................. according to the fine print above offer claim must be submitted by 3/31 with IMEI and wifi mac info etc... and that the offer is good "while supplies last" ...... now the last part of the samsung fine print related to "march 31 and while supplies last.......

"No more than 300,000 Gifts available in this Offer. Gifts are available for a limited time, while
supplies last, on a first-come, first-served basis
. Gifts will be mailed to Participants within
approximately 4 – 6 weeks after verification of Offer Claim Form/receipt and compliance with
these Terms and Conditions."-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO by the terms of the promo those of us who ordered the silver and still have an date of 3/31 will probably not be eligible for the free promo.... we will not be able to reg the promo until item arrives when others can start to register tomorrow at 10am and with a total pool of 300,000 it seems no way that those waiting for the silver to be delivered will have a chance to qualify...... am I wrong, should I change my order to black or gold to make sure I have the imei and receipt info I will need in order to participate while quantities last?

Last edited:

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I was told by my Samsung rep that it's going to be extended. So do it as soon as you receive the device.

Just curious if that has been internally confirmed - it seems like the offer date was calculated to start right after the samsung headphone offer and to end right before S7 release date, IMHO

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I've got the free wireless charger from Samsung in the past for using Samsung pay and it was the regular puck, not the fast one.
It also took forever to receive. :-\ You'll be at least 6 months older when you get it. :p