S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I thought AT&T was shipping overnight now. At least that was the only shipping option I had when processing my order.

They might be. Its been a while since I bought a phone directly from AT&T (usually iPhones straight from Apple). But a few years ago, it used to be 2 day air. I'm not sure what my order said for shipping. I usually always order stuff next day, but I don't think there was an option to pick one. So maybe it is next day.

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why pre-ordering this phone has been beneficial? We don't know if we will even get our phones on release day! This is the first time I have ever done a pre-order and probably my last.

Posted via the Android Central App

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
You need to relax a bit, following these forums will give you a heart attack. I have preordered several phones from Verizon and have had them on or a few days before launch day, never later. Ignore all this craziness and we will see what happens. However, the demand for the silver edge is very large, so I am a little nervous there. A

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Your issues are based on rumors. Nothing is concrete yet.

Also, you get free stuff.

OK, it is slightly annoying that other carriers have already begun shipping or have shipped the same device Verizon won't ship. That stinks. Even Best Buy is getting in on releasing early- there is a thread on here Best Buy Pre-orders. Looks like they are getting ready to release phones. Sorry, just frustrated.

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
It seems pretty clear to me: the 2 biggest carries, AT&T and Verizon, are following the rules and aren't shipping early (or at most a day or two early) while the smaller carriers, Sprint and T-Mobile, are breaking the rules and shipping early because they both need whatever help they can get. In other industries there tends to be penalties for breaking street date and I can only image there will be something here as well, most likely some kind of fines. Obviously Verizon and ATT could ship early now but they probably don't want to hurt their relationship with Samsung. In this case Verizon especially seems to have a good relationship with Samsung as they are the only ones with the free S2 offer and so are the most cautious, and they can afford to be because they are already the biggest carrier.

Really it's all just corporate politics. As others have said we all signed up to get our devices on the 11th and there is no reason to believe that isn't the case. Just because other people happen to be on a carrier willing to break street date doesn't mean we should get upset about it.

Edit: Also why are we (Verizon customers) so vocal about all this? The AT&T thread isn't even on the first page anymore (as far as I can tell) anymore despite all signs pointing to AT&T not shipping until next week either.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'll come clean. I embargoed all the Verizon phones in my basement. All those years of watching reruns of the Italian Job and Ocean's Eleven have finally paid off!

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I know someone on here had a similar question that I'm going to ask, but I've never pre-ordered a phone before. When you get the phone, it comes with the SIM card, so technically you don't have to walk into a Verizon store, but I also want to make sure I'm not going to screw something up switching. I would like to refrain from going into Verizon or calling a rep. For all of you out there that do their own, I'm assuming you get your phone, you charge it, turn it on and register your email/gmail, etc and get the phone up and running, then switch phones on your account??? I will be trying to deactivate the S6 I have and switch/activate the S7 edge with the same line. Someone please help a clueless person out :confused:

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
It seems pretty clear to me: the 2 biggest carries, AT&T and Verizon, are following the rules and aren't shipping early (or at most a day or two early) while the smaller carriers, Sprint and T-Mobile, are breaking the rules and shipping early because they both need whatever help they can get. In other industries there tends to be penalties for breaking street date and I can only image there will be something here as well, most likely some kind of fines. Obviously Verizon and ATT could ship early now but they probably don't want to hurt their relationship with Samsung. In this case Verizon especially seems to have a good relationship with Samsung as they are the only ones with the free S2 offer and so are the most cautious, and they can afford to be because they are already the biggest carrier.

Really it's all just corporate politics. As others have said we all signed up to get our devices on the 11th and there is no reason to believe that isn't the case. Just because other people happen to be on a carrier willing to break street date doesn't mean we should get upset about it.

Edit: Also why are we (Verizon customers) so vocal about all this? The AT&T thread isn't even on the first page anymore (as far as I can tell) anymore despite all signs pointing to AT&T not shipping until next week either.

If you read back, probably a quarter or better of this thread isn't actually even related to the original topic anymore lol. As far as the dates and the S2, that was my guess as well, since Verizon is the only carrier offering the S2, that is somehow probably related to why they aren't shipping early. I'm ok with that; I was nervous when the edge ship date went to 3/31, but I'm on board with 3/11.

We won't be fighting with every upgrader for our S2s, just with the people who paid for overnight shipping. That's much better odds.

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I know someone on here had a similar question that I'm going to ask, but I've never pre-ordered a phone before. When you get the phone, it comes with the SIM card, so technically you don't have to walk into a Verizon store, but I also want to make sure I'm not going to screw something up switching. I would like to refrain from going into Verizon or calling a rep. For all of you out there that do their own, I'm assuming you get your phone, you charge it, turn it on and register your email/gmail, etc and get the phone up and running, then switch phones on your account??? I will be trying to deactivate the S6 I have and switch/activate the S7 edge with the same line. Someone please help a clueless person out :confused:

If you already have service you can just put the SIM from your S6 into the S7 and do nothing else. The S7 will have a new SIM activated with your number. I always just use the old SIM and put it in the new phone (then take the new SIM and put it in a baggy if I need it later).

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
OK, it is slightly annoying that other carriers have already begun shipping or have shipped the same device Verizon won't ship. That stinks. Even Best Buy is getting in on releasing early- there is a thread on here Best Buy Pre-orders. Looks like they are getting ready to release phones. Sorry, just frustrated.

Verizon does this with every new release phone, not only the S7 edge. I have pre order many of new phones from Verizon and they always come through at least 1 day early. :-\

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Wow people. I can be the only one sitting here thinking that this thread is a prime example of what is wrong with our world. Any other item, be it video games, computers, consoles, movies, whatever... when you "pre-order" it you dont get it till the release date, (unless someone screwed up, and then there is fines bigtime) but here with phones if we don't get them before the release day we all turn into big whiners, why does so and so get his phone before i do. I want it now! I've been following this thread and been a follower on AC for a long time, but this really just saddens me people. We pre-ordered the phone. THe phone is being "released" on March 11th. If by some processing fluke you get your early because "insert carrier here" wanted to clean out warehouse space for more not yet sold phones GREAT FOR YOU. But really is whining because possibly Big Red is actually following manufacturer guidelines and not shipping early just like retailers do on everything else, that seems kinda below this crowd. At least what i used to think about this crowd.

As for me, Pre-ordered the gold S7 edge. Waiting for it to arrive, having it shipped to work because of needing to sign. Only 1 week to go till i have it in my hands!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Wow people. I can be the only one sitting here thinking that this thread is a prime example of what is wrong with our world. Any other item, be it video games, computers, consoles, movies, whatever... when you "pre-order" it you dont get it till the release date, (unless someone screwed up, and then there is fines bigtime) but here with phones if we don't get them before the release day we all turn into big whiners, why does so and so get his phone before i do. I want it now! I've been following this thread and been a follower on AC for a long time, but this really just saddens me people. We pre-ordered the phone. THe phone is being "released" on March 11th. If by some processing fluke you get your early because "insert carrier here" wanted to clean out warehouse space for more not yet sold phones GREAT FOR YOU. But really is whining because possibly Big Red is actually following manufacturer guidelines and not shipping early just like retailers do on everything else, that seems kinda below this crowd. At least what i used to think about this crowd.

As for me, Pre-ordered the gold S7 edge. Waiting for it to arrive, having it shipped to work because of needing to sign. Only 1 week to go till i have it in my hands!

"Whiners"? Really? You went there?

The only reason some of us are miffed is that other carriers are sending out the phones early. If T-Mobile or Sprint didn't send out their phones early, I wouldn't care. But the fact that some have had their new phone since Monday while the rest of us have to wait until a week from today is really irritating.

skribbles505

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
And it does put an unfortunate slant of the promotions offered for new purchases if all customers aren't getting an equal shot because some carriers jump the gun.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae