S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

capncoad

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I SHOULD BE FRONT LOADED!

Oh god, I'm dying.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

This is what you would call the "entitled customer". They are a monster companies have created by slick marketing, and a fake worship of their customers to make them feel special. They are a generation that took "The customer is always right" literally and has operated by that standard with every business. They are often bullies that pretend to be victims, and they can cause customer service reps to have a really, really bad day. I've worked customer service for many different companies including Verizon, and when these people show up, you know you're in for a rough few hours. Some have had longer lasting implications with my jobs, coming back to haunt me in different ways than I originally expected.

People complain about big corporations, giant overpaid CEOs, and everything to do with our capitalist system. What about the "the big jerks"? The people who make everyone else's lives worse? The people who are single handedly responsible companies having terms and conditions for every little thing they offer, and the reason why that Best Buy rep studies you with suspicion and sometimes indifference when you have a legitimate issue that needs correcting?

Looking at that Verizon thread drums up some deep anger within me. I understand why people are upset about big corporations this political season, but I really think we get the system we deserve when it comes to the American consumer.
--

Edit: Sorry for the silly rant. Not entirely related to this thread. I've also met really truly great people when working customer service, and they genuinely make the job fun and enjoyable. I always strive to be that person when I call into customer service for any issue.

Last edited:

xxryu139xx

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
This is what you would call "the entitled customer". Such a customer is the beast that companies have created by slick marketing, and this fake worship of their customers to make them special. They are a generation that took "The customer is always right" literally and has operated by that standard with every business they deal with. These types of customers are often bullies that pretend to be victims, and they can cause Americans workers to have a really, really bad day in customer service. I've worked customer service for many different companies including Verizon, and when these people show up, you know you're in for a rough few hours. Some have had longer lasting implications with my jobs, coming back to haunt me in different ways than I originally expected.

People complain about big corporations, giant overpaid CEOs, and everything to do with our capitalist system. What about the "the big jerks"? The consumers who make everyone else's lives worse? The people who are single handedly responsible companies having terms and conditions for every little thing you do, and the reason why that Best Buy rep looks at you with suspicion and sometimes indifference when you have a legitimate issue that needs correcting?

Looking at that thread drums up some deep anger within me. I understand why people are upset about big corporations this political season, but I really think we get the system we deserve, at least when it comes to the American consumer.

+1

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
That thread is proof "the customer is always right" needs to go away. No the customer is not always right. Hell, they're wrong most of the time.

People have forgotten you can achieve a lot more by being polite as opposed to being a tool. Not having blood pressure spikes is another bonus.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
The EVO+ has much better write speeds (the most important spec) than the 200GB Sandisk.

That's why I decided to go with the less. Even though the 128g is going to be plenty. I'm used to a 16g droid ultra! Not going to know what to do with more!

Posted via the Android Central App

D-Recka23

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
That thread is proof "the customer is always right" needs to go away. No the customer is not always right. Hell, they're wrong most of the time.

People have forgotten you can achieve a lot more by being polite as opposed to being a tool. Not having blood pressure spikes is another bonus.

Preach!

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
That's why I decided to go with the less. Even though the 128g is going to be plenty. I'm used to a 16g droid ultra! Not going to know what to do with more!

I'm getting that as well. I only have 2gb free on my 64gb EVO (non plus) so I'll grab the larger, upgraded version soon. Now if Verizon would ship... Hehe

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It just makes me mad that Verizon is busy giving everyone the run around two days ago I checked my orders and it said that the date changed to 3/31- no one had answers so I reordered it in a different color- amazingly enough the accessories I ordered through Verizon came in today- but that's about it. The whole point to a pre order is to ensure that you get your devices by launch day- not AFTER. And every rep I talked to said they'd be sent out after. I could honestly care less about the gear- I just want the phone. Simple- the s7 edge finally has what I have been waiting for- more edge functionality. This phone is going to blow Apple and their fan kids out of the water
I had answers, everyone was patient and waited. Next time, be patient and you won't have to get the "run around". I told everyone to give me one day and I would have answers and I did and the day after everyone's orders changed been to 3/11.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting that as well. I only have 2gb free on my 64gb EVO (non plus) so I'll grab the larger, upgraded version soon. Now if Verizon would ship... Hehe

I have my FedEx account updated so I can keep track if a new label comes. But if the guy with the enterprise account got shipping numbers won't be long! After all the trouble of pre ordering as long as I get the phone is all that matters right now lol I won't complain until it's past the date. What's 7 more days. Atleast it'll be Payday again and I can buy more stuff for it! My 2 cases, screen protectors, SD card, extra chargers just won't be enough. I'm current looking into wireless ones. My husband and will both have them so I was looking into a dual but do I really need it. Ehhhh no

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000