S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Oh, man. You just got on the NSA's radar.

Perhaps they can loan me some plutonium so I can go pick up my phone from 1858? If they don't, I'll sue Verizon because I've been a customer since '02 and deserve to get whatever I ask for, regardless of how preposterous the request.

cbugzeee

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
ETA: this was a reply to Joe the sleepless or anyone who has received an answer to this...

Do you think that the "while supplies last" clause will come into play for preorders? Do you think we'll see an issue with S2 stock and not being able to redeem if, for example, we used standard shipping instead of overnight shipping or will be out of town for a couple of days when it arrives? *cough*

cwoms167

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Joe I was just told today when I went into a core store in my location (PA) that it was going to be the Bluetooth one after he checked his system. Is they any possible way we could get more clarification? It says the value is $300 which is the retail of the Bluetooth model.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
why would verizon give you the bluetooth version? don't you think they might hope you will activate it on there network? i wouldn't listen to the guys in the store

cwoms167

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Apparently what he said, is The watches are not coming out of Verizon's inventory. Samsung is just trying to offload stock. That is why they would be Bluetooth and why we have to go through samsungs website to receive the promo. But taking with a grain of salt as usual.

paulphilly

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
PLEASE READ: All, after extensive research and MANY phone conversations with Verizon, this is the truth about the promo: yes, you have to order the phone via the Verizon website to have the choice of either the S2 or VR headset. You do this by adding a line without an upgrade, or simply upgrading if you have a line eligible, but it HAS to be done on the Verizon website to receive EITHER Samsung promo gift. If you order via phone, or in store, the ONLY option is to get the VR headset. To verify what I say is the truth, please go to samsungpromotions.com/verizonoffer. Then, select Verizon, and then you will see a drop down containing two options, 1) verizonwireless.com/phone, or 2) Verizon store/other. ONLY option 1 will allow you to choose either the Gear S2 or the VR headset. After selecting, you must include your MEID, wifi MAC address, AND ORDER LOCATION # which translates into where/how you purchased your phone. How do I know? I have an order location # which is on my preorder receipt and even though I placed my order via phone with a Verizon rep, I still contacted Verizon and gave them my order location # which Verizon confirmed translates into "phone order". Therefore, if I tried to submit for a S2 watch, weeks later Samsung would deny my claim as the phone wasn't purchased on the website. So, if you preordered via phone, you can cancel and reorder online. Of course, now the phones are back ordered if you order today, and chances are, the 300,000 free S2 or VR headsets will be gone. Oh, you can read the "terms and conditions" link on the samsungpromotions website, and it says promotion limited to 300,000 first come/first serve customers. Hope this helps, and sorry for all that placed order via phone...myself included.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I could care less about the VR or the watch. Wish a third option in deducting $100 from the phone instead ;)

ProMed

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
If you order via phone, or in store, the ONLY option is to get the VR headset.

two options, 1) verizonwireless.com/phone, or 2) Verizon store/other. ONLY option 1 will allow you to choose either the Gear S2 or the VR headset.
Should I trust your post or the website?

A VZW Customer Service rep posted on the Verizon discussion board that... "At this time, the free S2 is only available when you order online or through our telesales department."

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I could care less about the VR or the watch. Wish a third option in deducting $100 from the phone instead ;)

i couldn't agree more... and I heard if one more person calls verizon customer service and asks about this phone or promo they are canceling the promo and giving all the pre-ordered phones to the underprivileged....

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

Take the watch, list on eBay. I already have a S2 classic so that's what I'm planning on doing. I may also just hold on to the watch and x-mas gift it. Either way, it comes out to a discount for me in the end.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I had heard there was a code online where you could get 100 off. "upgrade" I also got one for "smart50" which was for 50 off. neither would work for me but I don't know if it's because I got extra promo credit for turning my S5 in. It's only worth 93, they're gonna give me 200. I went ahead and ordered a 2nd one through Verizon. I can't pass up a free S2.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
ETA: this was a reply to Joe the sleepless or anyone who has received an answer to this...

Do you think that the "while supplies last" clause will come into play for preorders? Do you think we'll see an issue with S2 stock and not being able to redeem if, for example, we used standard shipping instead of overnight shipping or will be out of town for a couple of days when it arrives? *cough*
There's really no way to tell. Samsung would probably have a better answer. Will they run out? Moat likely yes, When will they run out? Who knows. Just be quick about it once you receive the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX